Hotels in Aberdeen

Alan B'stard

PLANS to turn a former Aberdeen student union into a boutique hotel took a step forward today.

Malmaison and Hotel Du Vin Property Holdings Group has applied for listed building consent to carry out a number of alterations at the Robert Gordon University building on Schoolhill in Aberdeen.
The group wants to install three canopies and build an extension at the back.
David Williams, Head of Campus Development at Robert Gordon University, said: “This is the next step towards the completion of the sale of our Schoolhill buildings which allows us to continue with the development of our Garthdee campus to provide our students with an outstanding educational environment while helping to drive forward the regeneration of Aberdeen’s city centre.”
The hotel chain already has a Malmaison on Queens Road in the city.
However, it is unknown whether the Schoolhill premises would operate as sister chain Hotel Du Vin or as a second Malmaison for the city

Do RGU have a union these days?

• 4 weeks later...

A MAJOR hotel could be built next to Aberdeen’s biggest shopping centre, the Evening Express can reveal today.

The hotel has been proposed for a vacant Seafood Park site at Poynernook Road and Stell Road, near the Union Square complex.
City-based Drum Property Group said the city’s “remarkable economic performance” had encouraged them to bring forward a detailed planning application for the “high quality” eight-storey building.
If approved by the city council, construction could start before the end of the year.
A hotel operator – believed to be a Hampton Inn, part of the Hilton Hotel Group is to be confirmed in due course.
The new hotel will form part of Drum Property Group’s The Grande development, which will shortly see the completion of Annan House office complex for oil giant EnQuest.

image.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

http://news.stv.tv/north/1320397-aberdeen-city-council-approves-carlton-rock-plan-for-hazlehead-hotel/

Councillors (LABOUR) have backed plans to build a 200-bedroom hotel on green belt land in Aberdeen.

Proposals for the £50m development at Hazlehead were approved at a meeting on Wednesday.

Developers Carlton Rock claim the hotel will create 250 jobs and generate “millions” for the local economy.

Planning committee convener councillor Ramsay Milne (LABOUR) said it will have "little impact" on the surrounding area.

He added: “I am pleased to back the recommendation of conditional approval for this application.

"The five-star hotel will complement the existing recreational uses within Hazlehead Park and will bring real economic and social benefits for the city.

Although the site is in the green belt, the development is screened by surrounding woodland and there will be little impact on the character of the land."

Up to 400 jobs will be created during the construction of the hotel, which is expected to take two years.

It will also feature a swimming pool, function and conference facilities, restaurants and an equestrian centre.

Meanwhile.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/politics/holyrood/516224/jim-murphy-gets-leadership-donation-election/

Jim Murphy (LABOUR)received a donation from an Aberdeen businessman towards his Scottish Labour leadership bid – weeks after he was elected.

Westminster’s register of financial interests states that he was given £18,400 from Alan Massie, of city-based developer Carlton Rock, to “support my campaign for leadership of the Scottish Labour Party”.

The date of receipt and acceptance was recorded as January 22, despite Mr Murphy having been elected on December 13.

It was Mr Massie’s second donation towards the leadership campaign, having boosted it with a £14,500 gift which was listed as having been received on November 20, and accepted on December 10.

The Press and Journal revealed last month that Mr Massie donated more than £200,000 to Labour last year.

A party spokesman said: “We can confirm Mr Murphy received donations from Mr Massie which were declared in the proper and public way.”

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen/383121/businessman-and-labour-donor-drops-suit-against-former-snp-council-leader/

:sherlock:

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp/news/aberdeen/383121/businessman-and-labour-donor-drops-suit-against-former-snp-council-leader/

I'm not the only one suspicious about this either.

:rumour:

• 3 years later...

I got referred there when there was a thought that I may have some kind of heart condition.  I'd estimate early to mid-teens.  Don't remember the majority of the testing, but I do remember having to drop the keks for the doctor to have a feel of my balls.

Retrospectively hope that I was referred to do a full physical check-up rather than him being opportunistic... 

So, that is my memory of Woolmanhill.  

Just read that Woolmanhill Hospital is to be turned into a hotel and apartment complex with bars/restaurants etc.

Some size of development that'll be.

Anyone any stories of going to Woolmanhill over the years to share?

I went there for a bone scan once.

I hope you all enjoyed that anecdote.

Got the cotton bud up the japseye there, once

Yes indeed. Remember the hall of shame, rather than a doctor’s they don’t shout your name but give you a number.

4 birds with head down thoroughly ashamed, me and some other random guy keeping a low profile but deep down wanting to high five and ask what the fuck they’d been up to.

The swab is nae good.

I expected more anecdotal tales of the clap clinic from the rabble on this forum.

Spent a lot of time there last year after getting it from a bird who's now in cornhill. Gave it to the ex, the current and the missus of a dons player.

Naturally, denied it all.

I was tipped off by a mutual friend that one of them was in tears about it at work, (before I knew about it). I knew she would be coming straight to mine after shift.

I necked the appropriate tablets, booked the next flight out of Edinburgh (Dubrovnik) and ignored phone for a week. Had a fantastic week in the sun, met cliff Richard, clap free, whilst all that shit happened at home.

Few folk thought that was an immature stunt.

Good story to tell imho

• Upvote 1

Spent a lot of time there last year after getting it from a bird who's now in cornhill. Gave it to the ex, the current and the missus of a dons player.

Naturally, denied it all.

I was tipped off by a mutual friend that one of them was in tears about it at work, (before I knew about it). I knew she would be coming straight to mine after shift.

I necked the appropriate tablets, booked the next flight out of Edinburgh (Dubrovnik) and ignored phone for a week. Had a fantastic week in the sun, met cliff Richard, clap free, whilst all that shit happened at home.

Few folk thought that was an immature stunt.

Good story to tell imho

:hysterical:  :trophy: