To all the ex "players" and "managers"

Not sure why this only has one, green uppy votey thingy but you're pap on. Team applauded off today and applauded off against County because the team cared. If we lost, they lost. If we dropped points, they dropped points. But by fuck, if we won, then they won too.

It's amazing seeing an Aberdeen team try like fuck. I don't care the reasoning behind it, we are, for the first time that I have seen, a team. The players singing the Vernon song on the way back up the road and their acceptance of Peter Pawlett Baby shows that if one of this squad succeeds then the whole team does too.

Thank you McInnes! Not just for putting us where we are now, but for showing us that we were right to expect more. We were right not to accept top 6 mediocrity and embarrassing cup exits. We were right not to accept lower league English/ old farm rejects here just for a nice wage for no work.

We are the twelfth man, you are the most important part, around the forum, let's hear you sing...

COOOOOOME OOOOOON YOOOOOOOU REEEEEEEEEEDS!!!!

Well said SBB. Post of the century.

This has been my sole argument the whole time. Nobody gave a fuck. It was obvious that they didn't give a fuck yet we gave the charlatans our money and extended contracts etc.

The people who presided over this are still at the club. They don't give a fuck either. It was McInnes who changed all this.

• Upvote 1

There were even a few on here with similar type attitudes.

The ones that slate those that expect/want better & say stupid things like "we're not Barcelona" to counter us being so beneath any kind of acceptable level.

We're Aberdeen & we deserve a WINNING team. Not fucking excuses & now we have that again.

Excellent post.

And to one person in particular - Jimmy Calderwood, the next time you think about spouting your "I don't really know why I was sacked by Aberdeen" shite...look at what happened at the League Cup Final. You got the sack because we knew you could never EVER accomplish that.

He never even WANTED that. He had everything he wanted, a wage and a position where his fat ego could kid himself he was a worthwhile human being instead of the useless fat bitter thick cunt that he has always been. That Miller and Milne gave him so long, including an expensive extended contract, was just insulting. Milne basically took our money and ripped it into bits in front of us all.

• Upvote 1

Yep the fucking OAF cunt, for me is the epitome of the cancer that grew at our club, there are still some supporters ( a minority admit) that still hold the so called achievements that hunboi 3 managed as being some kind of bench mark, as if we should be grateful for the malaise, the work shy ethics, the cliques, and jobs for the boys attitudes, that that cunts instilled to a bunch of unprofessional shithouses,

Why we should hold anything that fuckers did as some kind of shining beacon to try to match, hopefully we won't have to listen to the OAF spouting his drivel about not knowing why he was sacked I'll guarantee you this, if that arsehole had stayed one year longer the Pawletts, Reynolds, Jack's in our team now would not be at the club for me the buck stops with him and him alone.

It wasn't just his ridiculous tombola resulting in not knowing what the fuck was going on one week to the next, it was the quality of the "footballers" he took in. They were all gutless cunts who could never stand and fight, just like him. He made them in his own image and from what I read and heard, their attitudes on nights out towards us Aberdeen folk was as poisonous as his. When him and Miller first came out with unrealistic expectations, they should have been battered on principle. When he came out with two cars on the driveways and too soft, he should have been shot. That was FOUR YEARS before he eventually got sacked. The football was shite the whole period of his tenure, even when we had one good run in five years and that wasn't the one win in eight game Europa adventure.

Hoddle talking about Spurs there at HT. Saying no urgency, no closing down, too flimsy etc. Reminds me of AFC under Calderwood.

Waiting for him to say that the Spurs players were all bad men in a previous life.

Massively pleased that I'm not alone in thinking this.

I'm optimistic about the future now, and the way forward has been shown...solid, battling, quality professionals who are also decent human beings.

The sort of guys who are an example to young players coming through (I'd single Mark Reynolds out as a particular exemplar of a true professional, and Jonny Hayes as an example of 100% the right attitude).

Hell, I'm going to let myself slip into the realms of fantasy here, but, the single best era for AFC (in my opinion) started with Ally Macleod coming to the city and lifting the team and engaging the fans.

When his tenure ended a hungry young manager with big plans but a sketchy record (I mean a young ex Hun sacked by St Mirren, can't be good enough/belong at AFC) took over and took the club to heights never seen before or since.

Dare I venture that McInness actually possesses some of the qualities of both those Aberdeen managerial legends? Not saying he is in the same class yet, not by a long way, but Christ, maybe, just maybe.

Stretching it a bit I know, but it's a nice thought right? I've now dared to hope.

I would say that the McInnes regime bears more of a resemblance to the beginnings of the Turnbull era in the way they both initially dealt with some of the fundamental issues of training and coaching. Ally was more interested in the PR side of things.

When Turnbull arrived one of the first things he did was to buy more footballs, and the training kit was so manky, he collected it all up and burnt it in the furnace. I could see McInnes doing the same sort of thing.

The "lack of support" and "poisonous fans" that the likes of Mulgrew and Aluko banged on about, and the criticism from McGhee (legend or not), seems to be strangely out of place this season.

Funny how when the Management and team aren't comprised of wage thieves, wannabe Huns, wannabe Tims, ghosts, journeymen and fat orange cunts and when we aren't constantly told by those employed to win some fucking trophies that we "canny expect tae compete with wee Coisty and big Walter Smith and the mighty Celtic", that the support get behind the team

We were constantly told that Aberdeen fans have too high expectations, and are living in the past if we think we should be challenging for silverware.

Even when we were sitting 9th in the league, 48 points behind Rangers (RIP) and 9 points off the bottom spot, McGhee came out and told us, "What people expect and what's actually reality are two different things." Meaning, quite clearly, that the expectation that we perform better than relegation candidates is not reality.

McGhee was the culmination of a litany of atrocious, unambitious managers and chairman. He was the embodiment of the 'Ye cannae dae that' attitude that wins you absolutely fuck all.

Yes he did, brought him in on a free. Wylde served as backup and did "ok" in outings against Hibernian, St Mirren etc. which is what would be expected from a decent squad player.

He then showed his "ned-dom" and got to be a bit Billy big boots and got shunted to St Mirren and found his level. Don't know how he's been getting on there, not fussed either way.

Was worth the wage as backup when he was here, but not too concerned now he's gone. Decent enough bit of short term business but not right for the club and rightly moved on I think.

If St Mirren wanted them then I'm sure they would be off the wage bill too.

Tate was an emergency loan though, and doubt we'll see him back. Terrible player, but filled a gap.

Zola: Terrible player, obviously had something that scouts like, but doesn't translate to the football field.

My spider sense suggests that there may be a slight agenda behind the question.

If my spider sense is correct in detecting a sub-text then I would offer that:

There has been no suggestion that McInness has made no mistakes. Signing Zola would be an example of a probable mistake.

What I have suggested, nay stated, is that he has promoted an attitude of belief and desire in the team. This comes from the team too, this happens when the right kind of professionals gel with the right kind of manager, so regardless of anything else. Yay!!!!

There has been no suggestion that McInness has made no mistakes. Signing Zola would be an example of a probable mistake.

It was a DEFINITE mistake but you're right, nobody is saying that Deek hasn't made some.

Zola's incompetence was apparent within 3 minutes of his debut. By the time it got to half time, it was obvious that he was shite. It was irrefutable.

That begs the question as to what McInnes ever saw in him but it's hopefully already history. Can't understand how he's still on the bench though.

Playing Hayes on the right at Partick was the next big mistake for me. I'll take that. One duff player and one mis-positioned player for a whole season.

I agree with most of the OP's points and certainly the sentiment...

However, looking at where the likes of Aluko and Mulgrew ended up (one in the EPL), and the fact Maguire, Fraser, Fyvie, Grimmer and even Nick Blackman seem to doing alright for themselves, we DID have some obviously talented players playing for us... Unfortunately Milne has just had an unfeasibly piss poor record of hiring management - specifically with the correct people/leadership skills. (We also had Bossu, Bus, The Ghost, Engelhardt, Wright and add your own of our many many horse signings...)

He lucked out on DMc I reckon, I hope he gets his fucking cheque book out and keeps him there for as long as he can (way past 2017), because I absolutely fear for what we might end up with when DelBoy does inevitably leave.

Fair point DJ,

the point I was driving at though, is that the criticism levelled at the support now seems very unreasonable and out of place.

i.e there has never been anything "wrong" with the support, but rather that we've been denied the kind of team/players/managers that we can really get behind and that those players / managers should have looked a bit longer in the mirror before pointing the finger.

The other issues are well documented and discussed, but things are improving and the support can feel vindicated. that our displeasure with what has previously on offer was perfectly reasonable.

Being forward looking though, I'm suggesting that the right seeds are now sewn and there is a lot of hope for the future.

More of the same please.

Cool beans. But then we're all just keyboard warriors aren't we ? What do we know ? :suicide: The single most despised comment that fud Calderplank made...

A lot of shite gets written on t'interwebz, but if anyone at the club ever took the time to filter through the pish there are some people who know what they're talking about. Finally we have a manager that knows what they are talking about too. As you said, MUCH more of the same please. :bounce:

Cool beans. But then we're all just keyboard warriors aren't we ? What do we know ? :suicide: The single most despised comment that fud Calderplank made...

A lot of shite gets written on t'interwebz, but if anyone at the club ever took the time to filter through the pish there are some people who know what they're talking about. Finally we have a manager that knows what they are talking about too. As you said, MUCH more of the same please. :bounce:

Cheers for that but you'll make me blush :giggle: