Glasgow Helicopter Crash

K-9

You like staring at young altar boys

I would appreciate it if you could remove that remark seen as though my younger brother is an altar boy and it's not true and libellous.

If not, you can expect a virtual knock on your virtual door from one of the mods.

Thanks, 360.

I go to Midnight Mass every year at my local cathedral.

I'm not even slightly religious but I do find something peaceful, yet uplifting about it.

Is it the presence of God and Jesus? Or is just because I like the sound of a choir singing Holy Night?

I am going to a sung latin midnight mass this year (1962 missal), preceeded by Christmas carols at 11.30pm..

It will be beyond awesome (and likely 1 of only 2 sung latin midnight masses in the whole of Scotland.)

This will be on the back of having been out for a fancy dinner somewhere (I want to go to the Ho Wong Chinese, but the wife thinks its a bit pricey - we will see).

Another "10 out of 10" evening in the offing......

PS - I normally would go to a vernacular mass, but with a very good chior (inc latin ability). You get a lot of non-religious people coming along to that, usually they creep up to the galleries to observe from there. They are very welcome of course.

I am going to a sung latin midnight mass this year (1962 missal), preceeded by Christmas carols at 11.30pm..

It will be beyond awesome (and likely 1 of only 2 sung latin midnight masses in the whole of Scotland.)

This will be on the back of having been out for a fancy dinner somewhere (I want to go to the Ho Wong Chinese, but the wife thinks its a bit pricey - we will see).

PS - I normally would go to a vernacular mass, but with a very good chior (inc latin ability). You get a lot of non-religious people coming along to that, usually they creep up to the galleries to observe from there. They are very welcome of course.

We were taken to the Cathedral of the Assumption in the Kremlin by our hosts, and it just happened to coincide with the choir doing their thing inside.

We were literally a couple of feet from the choirists... people were sobbing and wiping their eyes with emotion at how moving the experience was.... as was my wife. I was sort of disappointed in her, to be honest.

Anyway, I can see how this sort of thing would be an emotional experience for believers.

I want to visit the Middle East or North Africa to experience the Azan first hand... and who knows, maybe I'll be moved to convert to Islam.

Then there'll be a few fuckers on here going on the list, and no mistake.

Ho Wong = Go Wrong

See what I did?

We were taken to the Cathedral of the Assumption in the Kremlin by our hosts, and it just happened to coincide with the choir doing their thing inside.

We were literally a couple of feet from the choirists... people were sobbing and wiping their eyes with emotion at how moving the experience was.... as was my wife. I was sort of disappointed in her, to be honest.

Sad. Why fight it?

Anyway, I can see how this sort of thing would be an emotional experience for believers.

Indeed and whats more its healthy to have such emotional experiences.

maybe I'll be moved to convert to Islam.

Then there'll be a few fuckers on here going on the list, and no mistake.

Yeh the Muslims do it right.

Gimmie that ole time religion.

Methinks you would likely make a good islamic terrorist - I'd have a few names for your list ;)

Sad. Why fight it?

Indeed and whats more its healthy to have such emotional experiences.

Yeh the Muslims do it right.

Gimmie that ole time religion.

Methinks you would likely make a good islamic terrorist - I'd have a few names for your list ;)

Given words like 'terrorist' and 'I WILL MURDER YOU!" are almost certainly hot-words for Homeland Security's illegal snooping, let me stress that I am in no way affiliatied with, or sympathetic towards, terrorist organisations.

In fact, let me link you to a more pertinent site.

No, no, you're very welcone.

Here You Go Mr Homeland Security

US immigration question - "Do you plan to overthrow the government of the United states of America".

A stupid question, unlikely to smoke out those with actual intent.

The late Peter O'Toole answered marvellously; "Sole purpose of visit".

• 1 year later...