Dundee Utd V Aberdeen (0 - 2)

I know this is defeatist but Berty started it!

I'd take a plucky defeat right now if we still carried the momentum into our next three with our traditional Christmas slump and took 9/9 from them.

Utd can have a little nibble at the Tims starting at Tannadice the following week. Plenty time to make up the ground for second if this happens including obviously a show day humping in the semi.

In a perfect representation of all that is wrong with Scottish Football (and going on the basis that ra'celtic will get their traditional dodgy pen/Utd will bottle it to win at Tannadice) then a draw next Saturday actually suits neither of us.

All that said, another 3-0er (Mcginn, Shankland and a Monokana screamer) to pop their fucking bubble would be most enjoyable.

Just as an aside and off topic, anyone else have a problem with Godetti's (sp?) challenge on the left back for the wanks win on Saturday?

OK to put it in easily digestible chunks.

First up, I'd forgotton about the new year game so I'm now after 12/12.

We beat Dutd. Hoorah for all concerned.

Killie at Pittodrie, wives all Christmas Shopping, the fancy dress santas out in force, kids there for a big crowd and massive festive expectation. That's got 0-0 written all over it for a start.

ICT at Inverness on 28th. We never traditionally play well in this fixture but strangely I'm more confident about this than Killie!

StJ at home on the 1st. See killie.

Motherwell away on the 4th - meh!

OK to put it in easily digestible chunks.

First up, I'd forgotton about the new year game so I'm now after 12/12.

We beat Dutd. Hoorah for all concerned.

Killie at Pittodrie, wives all Christmas Shopping, the fancy dress santas out in force, kids there for a big crowd and massive festive expectation. That's got 0-0 written all over it for a start.

ICT at Inverness on 28th. We never traditionally play well in this fixture but strangely I'm more confident about this than Killie!

StJ at home on the 1st. See killie.

Motherwell away on the 4th - meh!

:laughing:

Fuck sake.

Grain o truth. Hope not though I'm back for the St Johnstone game.

The Sheds bounce at New Year when Pawlett put us 2-1 up will never be topped, as folk say it is full of plebs however and attracts a special kind of fan. I enjoyed New Year, but other than that I've never enjoyed the experience in the Shed any other time.

I'm out for this. I have far too much to do this weekend and with being down in Liverpool the weekend just past, I can't justify to the wife going and spending more money down in Dundee this weekend with Christmas looming.

I think we'll get beat if truth be told. United have shown they know exactly how to play against us. 2-1 United...but this is one prediction I hope to fuck I get wrong. I fucking despise those cunts.

I think the last time I was there was with you in 04/05 when we got the train down midweek. Folk scrapping amongst eachother and all sorts.

Best shed bounce I've experienced was Scottish Cup comeback in 2006.

Arnason's screamer to beat them a few years ago was close, but fact goal was at other end makes it second best.

Was there last year for the NYD game but non-shed. Another contender would have been Scottish Cup QF in 2000, Jess late winner. Again, non-shed that day but was within vivid "get it right fucking up ye" gesturing range of Kevin Gallacher in beeb studio in the corner. Which was nice.

OK, ignore that I said it and take one game at a time. Fine by me. I'm hardly going to fucking complain if we take 15/15. Traditionally over Christmas we don't and it tends to be the ones we should win on paper where we ship the points.

We won 6 out of 7 last season.

Some great moments against Utd at Tannadice in recent years. All the obvious ones, Scottish Cup comeback etc. One that stands out for me though is actually one under McGhee, New Year 2010, Mulgrew winner. It was so cold, Grassi was sent off and we were forced to defend for our lives at the end.

One of very few ups under McGhee.

Some great moments against Utd at Tannadice in recent years. All the obvious ones, Scottish Cup comeback etc. One that stands out for me though is actually one under McGhee, New Year 2010, Mulgrew winner. It was so cold, Grassi was sent off and we were forced to defend for our lives at the end.

One of very few ups under McGhee.

Oh aye I mind that one - horrendous drive home after it too

I just hope we actually turn up on Saturday, not like the first game of the season