Aberdeen V Ross County (4 - 0)

Brown

Logan Reynolds Daniels Considine

Jack McLean

Pawlett Hayes McGinn

Rooney

2-0 Dons

Wouldn't have Reynolds at left CH

Wouldn't have McGinn on left, or Pawlett on right & certainly wouldn't waste McLean in a holding role.

If playing a midfield five I would be tempted to put Flood behind Jack & McLean & have McGinn on right wing & Hayes on left wing & drop Pawlett.

Edit... sorry meant Wouldn't want Reynolds at RIGHT CH

Wouldn't have Reynolds at left CH

Wouldn't have McGinn on left, or Pawlett on right & certainly wouldn't waste McLean in a holding role.

If playing a midfield five I would be tempted to put Flood behind Jack & McLean & have McGinn on right wing & Hayes on left wing & drop Pawlett.

I reckon thats how DMC will go.

I reckon thats how DMC will go.

Whilst not a really bad line up (& only being against County) I hope you are wrong.

Do not think that would be the strongest way of playing the available players in our squad right now.

Would like to see how AR & DG improve with potentially better service through the middle from McLean.

Never a fan of one up front at home

Last game against them was actually tougher than expected & (on paper at least) they have again strengthened during the window in the hope of avoiding relegation.

I really expect this to be a tough game. Especially as our form last few games has taken a downward turn.

Would like a nice rout like last home game but will be happy with any win (truth be told) just to get us going again.

Brown

Logan Daniels Reynolds Considine

McGinn Jack McLean Hayes

Rooney Shankland

I'd go with that as well. Anyone know why Shankland wasn't in the squad on Saturday?

If he's still absent then play Smith behind Rooney, give him a full 90 to show what he can do against one of the weaker teams in the league.

Broon

Logan Reynolds Daniels Considine

Jack Flood

McGinn Hayes

McLean

Rooney

Time to bring back Willo.

Would also like this & Flood could be subbed off later for DG, or LS if need be.

Can't understand why anyone would want Flood back in. He's the most negative player in our squad.

Let's not forget our unbeaten record in the league.

We've taken a nose dive in form over the last 3 games. Not won one of then due to one thing or another.

McInnes will want to stabilise and guarantee the victory much like he did after the Hamilton capitulation.

Installing McLean will ensure that. The Flood option has been tried and tested.

Can't understand why anyone would want Flood back in. He's the most negative player in our squad.

Flood has been fantastic for us in the past. Yes we had a great run during his absence but we have also taken a slight nose dive of late to counter that positive run (in his absence) argument.

Flood in his time with Aberdeen has brought a lot to our resurgence.

Some games do need a terrier player like Flood. Someone that will do the shite work that most players don't want to do (& I think he actually enjoys that part of the game) someone that will annoy the fuck out of the opposing teams midfielders & stop them settling.

Not fair to label him a negative player imo. It's an ugly part of the game he is tasked with but he does it extremely well.

• Upvote 3

Hes our Mascherano - does the stuff that starts the magic Hayes, McGinn and now McLean will do...and also mops up if they dont.

Derek summed him up well last year; if Flood plays well we generally win. Tis true.

• Upvote 2

Flood has been fantastic for us in the past. Yes we had a great run during his absence but we have also taken a slight nose dive of late to counter that positive run (in his absence) argument.

Flood in his time with Aberdeen has brought a lot to our resurgence.

Some games do need a terrier player like Flood. Someone that will do the shite work that most players don't want to do (& I think he actually enjoys that part of the game) someone that will annoy the fuck out of the opposing teams midfielders & stop them settling.

Not fair to label him a negative player imo. It's an ugly part of the game he is tasked with but he does it extremely well.

Hayes and McLean are more than capable in playing the role as well as offering more. Flood trying to fit back in at St J was a joke. He was absolutely hopeless and rightly hooked at HT.

It's time to move on.

Hayes and McLean are more than capable in playing the role as well as offering more. Flood trying to fit back in at St J was a joke. He was absolutely hopeless and rightly hooked at HT.

It's time to move on.

Got to give the hoss more than a game though surely! You're quite the cutthroa....ahhh RAZOR! Now I see ;)

• Upvote 1

It's time to move on.

Why waste McLeans attacking talent on the holding/tackling role sitting deeper?

I would try Flood behind the two of them to allow them to concentrate on a more effective attacking game.

Flood & Jack alongside each other hasn't been the most exciting because Jack is similar to Flood in that he's not very attack minded but Jack alongside McLean would be a lot better.

No reason why Flood sitting behind them allowing either (or both) of them to get forward more to help the strikers.

We're not Real Madrid with an all out attacking team

Short memory Razor & being very unfair to Flood after what he's given Aberdeen as a whole.

One game that really comes to mind is the Scottish cup game v Celtic where him & Robson took the piss out of them.

Why waste McLeans attacking talent on the holding/tackling role sitting deeper?

I would try Flood behind the two of them to allow them to concentrate on a more effective attacking game.

Flood & Jack alongside each other hasn't been the most exciting because Jack is similar to Flood in that he's not very attack minded but Jack alongside McLean would be a lot better.

No reason why Flood sitting behind them allowing either (or both) of them to get forward more to help the strikers.

We're not Real Madrid with an all out attacking team

There's no short memory. I've never rated him.

Always thought that if we were to improve and take our game to next level it would be him. I was absolutely spot on.

Have we missed him? Have we fuck.

There's no short memory. I've never rated him.

Always thought that if we were to improve and take our game to next level it would be him. I was absolutely spot on.

Have we missed him? Have we fuck.

Your hatred of what he brings to us is bordering on the levels of mine towards Clangers.

At least there is good reason for my view of Clangers.

Yours is just nonsensical.

Edit..BTW you weren't "absolutely spot on" at all :hysterical: cos in my opinion the recent run was brought about by both dropping Clangers & our defence becoming a good solid unit.

Fuck all to do with Flood being injured, in fact had Flood still been in that side we'd have still had that winning/cleansheet run imo.

Your hatred of what he brings to us is bordering on the levels of mine towards Clangers.

At least there is good reason for my view of Clangers.

Yours is just nonsensical

No hatred here. Just think we could do better, I was right. Floods injury was a blessing, we've polished off an absolute gem in Johnny Hayes.

Just like Clangers, we've not missed Flood whatsoever.

No hatred here. Just think we could do better, I was right. Floods injury was a blessing, we've polished off an absolute gem in Johnny Hayes.

Just like Clangers, we've not missed Flood whatsoever.

See my edit for a reply to that.

Didn't imply you hated him personally, just what he brings to the team, so I would say there is in fact hatred there.

Well this thread is getting derailed & for that I apologise to everyone.

The last word (for me) regarding Flood is that his injury was not part of the reason for our upturn in form. That was mostly down to the defence & keeper & defending as a whole team (something Flood also helps with) & if his injury WAS the reason then how the fuck did we do so well last season with him in the team so much?

Matter of opinions & mine is that you are being very MT - esc in your opinion of Flood