Fridge

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,725 posts
  • Joined 08-October 18

Posted 28 March 2020 - 04:18 PM

No I don't,

You were making the simplistic/stupid argument that someone who earns say 4-5k a month say "can easily afford" to take a massive pay cut. Just because someone earns double or triple what you do, that doesn't mean they are permanently swimming in cash. They have a better house than you (not hard vs Maryhill), a better car (again I'm not sure cars have made it to Maryhill yet) and a better lifestyle (you see where I'm going here .. no rat eating slum living type accommodation, they actually pay for the place they live in, not "on the social")

Himmin Blockheid, calm down. You may have a certain point that the more you earn the more your outgoings are but no need to by firing that shit out to a fellow Aberdeen fan, especially when I assume you know fuck all about him.

Granted he possibly is a crack dealer but chances are he is just a normal bloke supporting Aberdeen.

Save the hatred for the Huns. We’re the good guys.

#1172 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 35,692 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 28 March 2020 - 04:28 PM

You're an idiot. I'm done here.

To be fair, you're the idiot

What he says is spot on

#1173 OFFLINE   maryhilldon

maryhilldon

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,289 posts
  • Joined 18-January 16

Posted 28 March 2020 - 05:05 PM

To be fair, you're the idiot

What he says is spot on

Shut up dickhead, no interest in your thoughts on anything.

#1174 OFFLINE   Don Fonte

Don Fonte

1st Team Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,088 posts
  • Joined 27-March 14

Posted 28 March 2020 - 05:12 PM

Himmin Blockheid, calm down. You may have a certain point that the more you earn the more your outgoings are but no need to by firing that shit out to a fellow Aberdeen fan, especially when I assume you know fuck all about him.

Granted he possibly is a crack dealer but chances are he is just a normal bloke supporting Aberdeen.

Save the hatred for the Huns. We’re the good guys.

Yet another feud. Lovely.

#1175 OFFLINE   tiktak

tiktak

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,701 posts
  • Joined 18-June 16

Posted 28 March 2020 - 09:38 PM

A big part of that will depend if they are played in front of fans or not. And even if they are, there are many other factors at work that will probably mean lower attendances (a lot of games very close together, people with less money and so on)

Understand they'd still be losing money but not on the apocalyptic scale they're talking about at the moment. 

The longer I stay in this world, the less I want to be part of it.

#1176 OFFLINE   alscotoz

alscotoz

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,337 posts
  • Joined 05-August 11

Posted 29 March 2020 - 02:29 AM

No I don't,

You were making the simplistic/stupid argument that someone who earns say 4-5k a month say "can easily afford" to take a massive pay cut. Just because someone earns double or triple what you do, that doesn't mean they are permanently swimming in cash. They have a better house than you (not hard vs Maryhill), a better car (again I'm not sure cars have made it to Maryhill yet) and a better lifestyle (you see where I'm going here .. no rat eating slum living type accommodation, they actually pay for the place they live in, not "on the social")

OTT or what?

Never argue with an I D I O T . They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

#1177 OFFLINE   Ten Caat

Ten Caat

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts
  • Joined 05-December 17

Posted 29 March 2020 - 08:33 AM

OTT or what?

Only won Strictly Come Dancing because her big sister was one of the judges

#1178 OFFLINE   YorkDon

YorkDon

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts
  • Joined 06-June 17

Posted 29 March 2020 - 08:37 AM

Only won Strictly Come Dancing because her big sister was one of the judges

Nah, it was cos her enormous tits hypnotised abody.

#1179 OFFLINE   Andy_123

Andy_123

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,698 posts
  • Joined 24-July 14

Posted 29 March 2020 - 11:35 AM

A bit OTT with the personal attack, but the general point he’s making is correct.

The players here aren’t multi millionaires who won’t even notice if they miss out on a few weeks wages.

#1180 OFFLINE   brownie

brownie

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts
  • Joined 01-November 06

Posted 29 March 2020 - 02:25 PM

Just read that McInnes is pleading with fans to dig deep.
Here's an idea, you come out and say you'll defer wages until this COVID-19 scenario plays then ask fans to dog deep.
I couldn't care what players are on a week. If there is no football for months then there is absolutely no reason why their wages should be reduced or deferred for a few months.
People are being made redundant because there is no work for them. Footballers and managers are no different.

#1181 OFFLINE   Fridge

Fridge

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,725 posts
  • Joined 08-October 18

Posted 29 March 2020 - 02:49 PM

I take your point but it is a bit different though. I’m. not expecting folk to crowd surf my wages or any AFC players but the club is a way of life and the centre of the community for many.

But clearly everyone’s family etc need to come first before football.

#1182 OFFLINE   brownie

brownie

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts
  • Joined 01-November 06

Posted 29 March 2020 - 03:00 PM

I agree about the club being a way of life and centre of the community.
Players and managers will come and go. The club is the important part here, not some bloke who's on 15k a week.

#1183 OFFLINE   sooth_stander

sooth_stander

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts
  • Joined 05-October 05

Posted 01 April 2020 - 04:18 PM

I see AFC players and management have agreed a defer wages for the duration of this pandemic.

However, does that mean they get all those wages paid up in full once football recommences, probably over the following few months, or, does it mean some or all will have to add another year to their contracts, in order to earn that money?

Kenphitimean?

#1184 OFFLINE   Don Shula

Don Shula

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 145 posts
  • Joined 14-January 18

Posted 01 April 2020 - 04:46 PM

I see AFC players and management have agreed a defer wages for the duration of this pandemic.

However, does that mean they get all those wages paid up in full once football recommences, probably over the following few months, or, does it mean some or all will have to add another year to their contracts, in order to earn that money?

Kenphitimean?

Is that now confirmed as opposed to just being talked about? Where are you seeing that?

Assuming it does happen a deferral is just a temporary cash flow benefit to the club as the players/staff will get those deferred payments in due course when the club has the cash flow to pay it e.g. when we receive the circa £500K for playing the cup semi

#1185 OFFLINE   sooth_stander

sooth_stander

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,259 posts
  • Joined 05-October 05

Posted 01 April 2020 - 05:59 PM

Is that now confirmed as opposed to just being talked about? Where are you seeing that?

Assuming it does happen a deferral is just a temporary cash flow benefit to the club as the players/staff will get those deferred payments in due course when the club has the cash flow to pay it e.g. when we receive the circa £500K for playing the cup semi

Sure I read that on Twitter earier today. Apologies if wrong.

However, Billy Dodds was on the wireless the other day boasting about how he took a 50% wage cut at Utd in 2003, until it was pointed out to it that what he actually took was a deferred cut in his wages, to which he retorted, "aye, but I had to work another 12 months in order to get the full amount."

So instead of being on £5K a week for a year (Utd were paying silly money back then) he then moved to £2.5K a week for two seasons. Given there would have been no avenue for him to transfer out and get £5K a week elsewhere, at his age (early 30s) then it was wasn't really a wage cut at all, but I always wondered why he downed tools when he returned to Utd from the scum, never kicked a ball at all.

Edited by sooth_stander, 01 April 2020 - 05:59 PM.

#1186 OFFLINE   redone

redone

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts
  • Joined 18-November 06

Posted 01 April 2020 - 07:01 PM

So instead of being on £5K a week for a year...he then moved to £2.5K a week for two seasons.

If that’s nae a 50% wage cut , then fuck knows what is

#1187 OFFLINE   ConsiCanBoogie1903

ConsiCanBoogie1903

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts
  • Joined 25-June 17

Posted 01 April 2020 - 08:19 PM

Billy Dodds is a fat slag.

#1188 OFFLINE   Dad

Dad

old cunt

• Members
  • 20,040 posts
  • Joined 31-January 16

Posted 01 April 2020 - 08:27 PM

And a fucking hun to boot

Cunt

All aboard the good ship DWT

#1189 OFFLINE   milne_afc

milne_afc

EDGELORD(nonce)

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,674 posts
  • Joined 28-July 08

Posted 01 April 2020 - 08:32 PM

Doddsy helped save the Dons from relegation in 95 and win a cup on the same year.

Show some respect.
<p>

#1190 OFFLINE   Dad

Dad

old cunt

• Members
  • 20,040 posts
  • Joined 31-January 16

Posted 01 April 2020 - 08:32 PM

Sorry son

All aboard the good ship DWT

#1191 OFFLINE   True_Don

True_Don

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts
  • Joined 17-July 08

Posted 02 April 2020 - 10:49 PM

Good to see AFC players have taken some action...all these other highly paid footballers epl and elsewhere done fuck all. Disgrace. Even more reason not to watch that shite

#1192 OFFLINE   The Gee Man

The Gee Man

Under 19

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Joined 26-December 18

Posted Yesterday, 10:44 AM

Good to see AFC players have taken some action...all these other highly paid footballers epl and elsewhere done fuck all. Disgrace. Even more reason not to watch that shite

Why what have they actually agreed too?

#1193 OFFLINE   Simply Red

Simply Red

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,263 posts
  • Joined 04-June 19

Posted Yesterday, 11:08 AM

Brazil on talkshit this morning defending them saying they do a lot for charity, specifically some of them Sign shirts which get sold off for charity!!
And if you make a lot of money you spend a lot of money, therefore they shouldnt take a wage hit.
Can just hear all the £50k/week mongoloids and their wives bitching at the audacity of the rest of us at the thought that they should take a pay cut to help the non-playing staff out and safeguard the future of the clubs.
Cunts

#1194 OFFLINE   alscotoz

alscotoz

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,337 posts
  • Joined 05-August 11

Posted Today, 02:38 AM

Tis a cuntish act. Hopefully they see sense and do something decent.

Never argue with an I D I O T . They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

2 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users