Sevco Thread

It was such a good listen when channel 4's Alastair Thomson schooled "corporate governance" #hugh keevins. It's on youtube, and all the real radio? Journalists,lol, were lost for words on fear of upsetting the teddy bears. He basically slagged them for not doing their jobs, brilliant.

This above has probably been done.

Now HMRC have realised that they have no means to pay the bill, so they've given them a pass. The absolute jammy divots. I hope the letter says, "now don't do it again" but late now!

Alfredo will be hawked around Europe as we speak, after shelling out 7 million on Ryan kunt, prepare for red faced, dirty Hun tops, absolutely beeling as Alfredo heads to China or better still...celtic. Maybe some millionaire dons fan will buy him, like that Stonehaven boy that cleared our 14 million quid debt in a oner.

A tax expert dismantles any arguments put up by huns and apologists in the MSM.

Here's some of his responses taken from the sun

Has the taxman actually admitted to making any mistakes?

Whilst I would certainly say that HMRC is more than capable of making mistakes, it is difficult to see how they have here.

Whilst charging a 65% penalty needs HMRC to prove deliberate behaviour which is a very high bar where a taxpayer has taken suitable qualified advice as to their position, what has most likely happened is that HMRC have taken an unusually pedantic step of recognising that even if they were to pursue both the quantum of the assessment and the penalty levied back through the Courts, there will still be insufficient assets in the liquidation to gain any more than what they will on the new agreed basis

Ally McCoist believes Rangers wouldn't have gone bust if it was known in 2012 that the final tax bill would be lower - do you agree?

I have to say I think that is incorrect given that the liquidation, even after these adjustments, is still only offering pennies in the pound to creditors.

Are Oldco Rangers due money back from the taxman?

No, because the liability had never actually been paid.

The £24m penalty figure in the original overall bill of around £94m had never been confirmed by any legal process - but was it a mistake by HMRC to originally ask for this? Why would they now drop the claim?

A penalty is charged in terms of a percentage, in this case 65%.

Therefore it cannot be levied until the final additional tax is agreed but I suspect it was lodged as a protective claim in the liquidation.

The legal process was still open to challenge this through the Courts but as I said above, I suspect there are sound commercial benefits of not pursuing the penalty where no funds are available to pay it regardless of outcome.

The Times article says up to £50m is set to be wiped off the tax bill. How likely is this, and what would you estimate the final reduction to be?

I can’t comment without hard figures around some of the variables but I think the important part is that in reality, whether £50m, £30m or £10m, HMRC were never getting that money. It just doesn’t exist.

A letter from HMRC says they are dropping the £24m penalty charge because 'there is no evidence of fraudulent or negligent behaviour'. So has the taxman over-reached himself by making the £24m claim? Why would they use such language if they still had a case?

Penalties are calculated on behaviour with the highest reserved for the most offensive conduct. Whilst I suspect HMRC may have overplayed its hand seeking a penalty of such a high threshold, it may have replaced it with a lessor one had there been funds available to pay it. As it is, another 5 years of litigation would produce no additional money for the treasury.

A further £2m worth of claims were overstated by HMRC and the figure has now been wiped off the original bill. Why would HMRC overstate figures?

I am not sure what this relates to, but again, I suspect it is more administrative in light of no funds being available to pay regardless.

Is it right to say HMRC could still pursue the full amount or close to it if they wanted, but have simply decided it's not worth the hassle?

Correct

So if HMRC do lose out on interest is it because they have lost the argument?

I believe it is because the pot available in liquidation is already exhausted and therefore there is no material financial benefit for HMRC to continue pursuit.

Will creditors now expect an improved return?

Improved, yes, but not substantially. The latest liquidators report shows that to that date an interim dividend of 3.91p in the £ had been paid, amounting to £1,365,856.

It then states that with the HMRC provision reduced by £30m, an additional £1m is available to creditors.

In short, HMRC aren't chasing them for the full tax and penalties because it's a waste of time, the creditors are now getting 6-7p in the £ instead of 3.9p, oldco is not getting any cash back as they've paid fuck all and a tax expert is more qualified to comment on this subject than Ally McCoist.

• Upvote 3
  • Site Sponsor

A tax expert dismantles any arguments put up by huns and apologists in the MSM.

Here's some of his responses taken from the sun

Has the taxman actually admitted to making any mistakes?

Whilst I would certainly say that HMRC is more than capable of making mistakes, it is difficult to see how they have here.

Whilst charging a 65% penalty needs HMRC to prove deliberate behaviour which is a very high bar where a taxpayer has taken suitable qualified advice as to their position, what has most likely happened is that HMRC have taken an unusually pedantic step of recognising that even if they were to pursue both the quantum of the assessment and the penalty levied back through the Courts, there will still be insufficient assets in the liquidation to gain any more than what they will on the new agreed basis

Ally McCoist believes Rangers wouldn't have gone bust if it was known in 2012 that the final tax bill would be lower - do you agree?

I have to say I think that is incorrect given that the liquidation, even after these adjustments, is still only offering pennies in the pound to creditors.

Are Oldco Rangers due money back from the taxman?

No, because the liability had never actually been paid.

The £24m penalty figure in the original overall bill of around £94m had never been confirmed by any legal process - but was it a mistake by HMRC to originally ask for this? Why would they now drop the claim?

A penalty is charged in terms of a percentage, in this case 65%.

Therefore it cannot be levied until the final additional tax is agreed but I suspect it was lodged as a protective claim in the liquidation.

The legal process was still open to challenge this through the Courts but as I said above, I suspect there are sound commercial benefits of not pursuing the penalty where no funds are available to pay it regardless of outcome.

The Times article says up to £50m is set to be wiped off the tax bill. How likely is this, and what would you estimate the final reduction to be?

I can’t comment without hard figures around some of the variables but I think the important part is that in reality, whether £50m, £30m or £10m, HMRC were never getting that money. It just doesn’t exist.

A letter from HMRC says they are dropping the £24m penalty charge because 'there is no evidence of fraudulent or negligent behaviour'. So has the taxman over-reached himself by making the £24m claim? Why would they use such language if they still had a case?

Penalties are calculated on behaviour with the highest reserved for the most offensive conduct. Whilst I suspect HMRC may have overplayed its hand seeking a penalty of such a high threshold, it may have replaced it with a lessor one had there been funds available to pay it. As it is, another 5 years of litigation would produce no additional money for the treasury.

A further £2m worth of claims were overstated by HMRC and the figure has now been wiped off the original bill. Why would HMRC overstate figures?

I am not sure what this relates to, but again, I suspect it is more administrative in light of no funds being available to pay regardless.

Is it right to say HMRC could still pursue the full amount or close to it if they wanted, but have simply decided it's not worth the hassle?

Correct

So if HMRC do lose out on interest is it because they have lost the argument?

I believe it is because the pot available in liquidation is already exhausted and therefore there is no material financial benefit for HMRC to continue pursuit.

Will creditors now expect an improved return?

Improved, yes, but not substantially. The latest liquidators report shows that to that date an interim dividend of 3.91p in the £ had been paid, amounting to £1,365,856.

It then states that with the HMRC provision reduced by £30m, an additional £1m is available to creditors.

In short, HMRC aren't chasing them for the full tax and penalties because it's a waste of time, the creditors are now getting 6-7p in the £ instead of 3.9p, oldco is not getting any cash back as they've paid fuck all and a tax expert is more qualified to comment on this subject than Ally McCoist.

But, but, this isn't what we want to hear byraway, big man, so it is...
  • Upvote 1

The Sun reports that the Police beat hun fans at an Ibrox youth game V Wrexham today.

One Gers fan online said: "A thoroughly enjoyable youth team win against Wrexham senior team till absolute mayhem in my area of Govan stand.

"What brain surgeon decided to send six officers in to throw one guy out with a minute to go.

"What then transpired was an absolute disgrace and over the top policing which would not have been out of place in Russia.

"At least another 15- 20 0fficers waded in Batons drawn and folk being battered indiscriminately in an area with loads of really terrified young kids I had the foresight to duck others were not so lucky.

"Seen at least two very young taken away bleeding.

https://www.thescottishsun.co.uk/news/4962231/police-investigating-rangers-colts-wrexham-battered-batons/

Deeply satisfying news :)

Apparently Wrexham fans were flaunting sellick scarves etc, so that must have got the huns' blood up leading to this noble and highly justified Police actrion.

Edit:

Just checked the hun forum for more info and claims about Wrexham include:

- Cunts shouting about 66 deid

- Full up the ra repertoire and Ricksen songs now

Obviously we could not condone such behaviour, especially considering the high standards traditionally found among the hun fans :P

If this did happened it is a disgrace but did it fuck. Nobody is doing this. Usual victim shit.

Just back from the game. A really good performance marred by horrific policing. Swinging batons in the direction of young kids and elderly. I personally had to help a young boy about 9-11 years old who had been peppered sprayed in the eyes and was screaming. Police not letting the boy out who couldn’t see or open his eyes. Ended up getting treatment from paramedics outside. An absolute shambles.

What a load of total shite they do make up.

Usually the more extravagant their claims of victimisation the more bang out of order their own fans have been.

The default position is to make as many outrageous claims against everyone else as possible before their own fans behaviour is called out.

Like fans running on a football pitch to fight rivals fans because they were protecting their players. (Who has every one of them been assaulted no less)

Or fans forcing a gate at Kilmarnock because they were being crushed By the huge crowds and someone would have died.

Aye right.

Changed fucking days by the Govan rozzers if there's any truth in it.

After the 3-0 win down there autumn 85 (the one where they had 2 sent off in the first 30 minutes and their support invaded the pitch trying to get the game abandoned)...at full time there was a squad of huns waiting outside for us exiting. Poly bags full of piss getting lobbed and getting spat at, punches thrown....not a fucking thing said or done by the officers watching. Yet when we fought back...…..cunts threatened to lift us. 

If this did happened it is a disgrace but did it fuck. Nobody is doing this. Usual victim shit.

Just back from the game. A really good performance marred by horrific policing. Swinging batons in the direction of young kids and elderly. I personally had to help a young boy about 9-11 years old who had been peppered sprayed in the eyes and was screaming. Police not letting the boy out who couldn’t see or open his eyes. Ended up getting treatment from paramedics outside. An absolute shambles.

Utter bullshit, the boy's dad would have helped him. Unless this bloke was trying to drag the boy away to molest him.

"He's been pepper sprayed, honest guv. That's why he's screaming and shouting and not because I'm leading him away anywhere"