Scottish Premiership Season 2016/17 - 85 Point Target

Of course not idiot.

The other 37 games won't have kicked off then

My God how stupid are you ha ha ha ha

Why would they have to kick off? You would need to take your argument to its limit.

If it's a point for every start then you have to assume that every game will start?

Every team will start the season with 38 points. A point would be deducted for every loss and two points added for every win.

hCwZwZj.png

Posted this before, but it's worth posting again. Because different seasons had different numbers of games, I've done it as points per game rather than total points, but it's the same thing. Similarly, we went to 3 pts for a win some time in the 90s, but the chart shows it as 3 pts for a win for all seasons, so it should be comparing like for like for all post war years. Different colours represent different managers. McInnes' record stands up pretty well. His best seasons aren't league winning seasons (you know that already), but his worst season is better than anyone else's worst season (i.e. he's had a consistently high standard). And his league record stands along side anyone who isn't called Ferguson.

I'd sooner win a trophy than measure ourselves by points gained in a season as a sucess.

Of course. But it's a decent measure of where we are as a team, compared to the teams around us.

Hard to get excited by points totals. Nobody cares really, apart from Ramandu obviously.

Although it is a thread about...points totals.

That is fundamentally untrue though. In fairness.

In theory yes. In practice no.

Theoretically we could win the league with a lower points total than our record tally. But in practice, in its current format, as far as I'm aware no team has ever won the league with 76 points or less.

In theory yes. In practice no.

Theoretically we could win the league with a lower points total than our record tally. But in practice, in its current format, as far as I'm aware no team has ever won the league with 76 points or less.

Hopefully not though....that would suggest the the majority of the "wee teams" would remain utter gash cannon fodder for Celtic (and us in the main).

The old firm banner boys say that Celtic need a strong Rangers, but in truth the league needs a strong Aberdeen/Hibs/Hearts/Dundee Utd

Fuck Rangers.

• Upvote 2

Hopefully not though....that would suggest the the majority of the "wee teams" would remain utter gash cannon fodder for Celtic (and us in the main).

The old firm banner boys say that Celtic need a strong Rangers, but in truth the league needs a strong Aberdeen/Hibs/Hearts/Dundee Utd

Fuck Rangers.

Agree with that.

Sadly our chairman is complicit in the wee teams remaining gash and helping to get back to a strong rangers (despite them not existing anymore).

Why would they have to kick off? You would need to take your argument to its limit.

If it's a point for every start then you have to assume that every game will start?

Every team will start the season with 38 points. A point would be deducted for every loss and two points added for every win.

Assume nothing. What happens if something interrupts the season? Like WW III for example.

hCwZwZj.png

Posted this before, but it's worth posting again. Because different seasons had different numbers of games, I've done it as points per game rather than total points, but it's the same thing. Similarly, we went to 3 pts for a win some time in the 90s, but the chart shows it as 3 pts for a win for all seasons, so it should be comparing like for like for all post war years. Different colours represent different managers. McInnes' record stands up pretty well. His best seasons aren't league winning seasons (you know that already), but his worst season is better than anyone else's worst season (i.e. he's had a consistently high standard). And his league record stands along side anyone who isn't called Ferguson.

His league record SHOULD easily stand alongside anyone that isn't Ferguson because he has had a full run at a combined weakest combination of opponents during his whole tenure & been able to build a side around that consistent easy ride but it's still only just below a 2 point average. An average that other managers appear to have bettered during times when the combined competition was much stronger by comparison.

Wish people would stop trying to big up McInnes so much more than he deserves.

He brought us consistency & a level of respect that a club like Aberdeen should have/demand at the very minimum & is credited for that.

Previous managers are the ones that should be given half of the McInnes credit, because it is because of them over the past two decades that any kind of improvement is given a gold star merit that previously was the expected minimum requirements.

His league record SHOULD easily stand alongside anyone that isn't Ferguson because he has had a full run at a combined weakest combination of opponents during his whole tenure & been able to build a side around that consistent easy ride but it's still only just below a 2 point average. An average that other managers appear to have bettered during times when the combined competition was much stronger by comparison.

He brought us consistency & a level of respect that a club like Aberdeen should have/demand at the very minimum & is credited for that.

Previous managers are the ones that should be given half of the McInnes credit, because it is because of them over the past two decades that any kind of improvement is given a gold star merit that previously was the expected minimum requirements.

Listen Doncomitant give it a rest youve made your p.....oh, FND. Sorry

REALLY? Are gonna subject us to this again? ffs

Listen Doncomitant give it a rest youve made your p.....oh, FND. Sorry

REALLY? Are gonna subject us to this again? ffs

Hey if others will continuously kiss McInnes's arse with far more credit than actually justifies then WE are well within our rights to continue to call it out as the happy clapping nonsense it is.

He's done a great job in getting us back to an average level expected as a minimum required of a club like ours.

Plain & simple.

He can fk off now with any luck

Hey if others will continuously kiss McInnes's arse with far more credit than actually justifies then WE are well within our rights to continue to call it out as the happy clapping nonsense it is.

He's done a great job in getting us back to an average level expected as a minimum required of a club like ours.

Plain & simple.

He can fk off now with any luck

Think some of the problem is what is 'average'. If you remember the late 70s and 80s, and judge everything by that, then fair enough - he's not that good. If you judge him by the rest of our history, he's definitely better than average.

Think some of the problem is what is 'average'. If you remember the late 70s and 80s, and judge everything by that, then fair enough - he's not that good. If you judge him by the rest of our history, he's definitely better than average.

Equally unfair to judge him, or more precisely. Credit him based on the previous two decades farcical failures

He has achieved nothing more than he should have under the circumstances he's been put in

Arguably he should have achieved more in terms of cups really.

So I think (personally) calling him an average manager as far as achievements go is actually a little generous but I am willing to accept it but certainly no better than average.

I will leave it at that & I only ever (continue to) debate it when folk give him (or try to give him) more credit than actually justified

Nobody's giving Mcinnes exaggerated credit, you're arguing with yourself.

Loads of people do & have done for ages but today's discussion was between me & Ramandu & his exaggerated credit of McInnes i.e. Him saying his worst season is better than everyone else's worst season & that his record stands up to everyone that isn't named Fergusun. Both statements are false. Not to mention again (but I will anyway) the fact that McInnes has accumulated his awesome record during a very easy spell for the club by comparison to others.

Zzzz Sorry, what were you saying?

Zzzz Sorry, what were you saying?

I guess what I'm saying is stay the fuck out of it if you don't like it.

More importantly, stay the fuck out of it unless you actually have a valid point to make because you blatantly fkd up again by getting involved in a conversation between two people & using the fact that you weren't discussing the subject as enough to think that nobody was & wrongly used that to try & make your point. Simply because you love to try & nit pick with me. You cannot resist & that desperation makes you make these simple mistakes & therefore make a complete cunt of yourself. Worsened even more so by the fact you make that cunt of yourself whilst trying to nit pick at me.

You are like slapstick comedy.