Films

Monty Python Holy Grail was watched before it.

10/10 for that. Timeless. Stir Crazy immensely disappointing.

I'm going to come out with a big statement here and I know I could lose my PG status and face the wrath of a lot of posters of a certain age

I think all of that monty python/ blackadder stuff is absolutely shit.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Right this very minute I'm about to watch

Operation Finale

A Netflix film based on the true story of Adolf Eichmann

7/10

Annoys me when everyone speaks English. But that's life.

Has the gorgeous Melanie Laurent in it - the cinema owner in Inglorious Basterds. She is truly beautiful.

An easy watch, given the topic anyway. Doesn't really go too far up or down. The cat fell asleep on my chest.

Right this very minute I'm about to watch

Operation Finale

A Netflix film based on the true story of Adolf Eichmann

He was a scallywag, was Eichmann. 

If you haven't already seen it, 'Conspiracy' is an outstanding film about the Wannsee Conference, where Heydrich details his plans for the annihilation of European Jews, and tasks Eichmann with the job of getting it done. 

You should then watch Operation Finale, which I assume is about Operation Finale... which chronologically comes after Wannasee. 

Went to see Bohemian Rhapsody last night, I didn't think it was that great.

Everything touched on but no real depth and the will they/wont they at the end was crap. 

Live Aid green screen was awesome though.

As said above Freddie, May and Deacon actors were all fantastic and had the mannerisms absolutely bang on.  If the boy playing Fred doesn't get at least a nomination for an Oscar I will be shocked. 

Hunter Killer.

Just about watchable despite what I'm about to say. It has a ludicrous plot, it has Gerard Butler (has he been convincing in anything?) and it has Russians speaking to each other in English and even has them switching from English to Russian mid conversation. Actually, the overall casting was pretty poor all around with a couple of exceptions.

If you can ignore all of that and leave your brain (all of it) at the door on the way in then you might end up coming out saying it was ok. 

Widows.

This is fairly decent. Personally could have done without the first 10 seconds (Liam Neeson in bed snogging) but after that was much better. Sagged a little in the middle but worth the watch. Just, go in ten seconds late.

The original tv mini series for those who never saw it, was quality also. Not sure how it would stand the test of time, maybe would be dated now but was excellent for its time. 

Guest findlay_1903

Black.. black... black.. black... i can't stop saying it..

The scene when he has dinner with gf’s family deserves a bafta if truth be told. A side splitting moment. Ferrell at his best.