Millertime Psychoanalysis

Kilkito

haha good, there you go then

last game i went up, on the train and some wee random guy in our group who was too inconsequential to even remember his name, was overheard by myself, saying "frankies a bit much for a full day isnt he?"

So what you're saying is that you look down on those around you and are annoying as fuck?

i think its because i know the answer, yet ironically, i dont have the inner confidence to go with it

instead, i feel secured, knowing other people have verified it

Oh right, cause just back there you were saying that it would be sad for someone to have a different online persona.

Good job, as on here, you just ooze that lack of inner confidence. Every time you say something it appears to be wrapped in insecurity, waiting for the verification of your fellow Aberdeen supporters.

Wait a minute, you are actually a stubborn mo-fo, who believes he is 100% correct even if 100% of people disagree with him.

You are something else Frankie, something else!

youve picked me up wrong boyo, or maybe i explained it wrong

maybe its a safety in numbers thing

because i dont like being wrong, if other folk have agreed to something i did...then the blames absolved, or at least apportioned?

I assume we are talking about matters or perception and belief here, rather than matters of fact.

If so, fuck what anyone else thinks, as long as you hold a view which you believe to be correct and can provide evidence or a reasonable thought process to support it when challenged, then what else do you have to worry about?

On that note, I am off to bed. Drinking on a Sunday night with an 8am start for work is never a good idea.

Just figured it out. Kelt is 800 metres tall and is also Millertime! :blink:

Ahhhh, lol..... no :nono:

Was nothing really, I was about to detail my own formerly constructed persona, way back in the prehistory of the internets. Almost got myself into a bit of bother.

I did it, as they say, for the lulz.

haha, what site?

Lonhg dead site... recently resurrected though, I think.

POW WOW, Tribal chat. Was actually run by native Americans iirc.

This was at the very dawn of the internets, I think I was using a 14.4 Baud external modem to connect. Spent a lot of time in my flat drunk and stoned, so there was ample time for shenanigans.

First site I ever got involved posting on was when the Dreamcast came oot. Can't even remember the name of it but it was fucking great and me and the missus used to play Fantasy Star Online on with some of the posters. Banzai and Cless. It was a good laugh, getting resurrected time after time and not even being able to hold a text conversation 'cos my phone line was so shit.

There are any number of reasons. In the face of a superior position, refusal to accept the evidence, logic or rationale... but again, I'm not suggesting you are deliberately not understanding. In fact I raised the point that you just might not be able to rationalise what I'm saying.

Perfect example being your immediate assumption that the only alternative to 'puffball' was 'hard man' when that was never in fact raised by myself, and your then subsequent argument against a position I had never adopted. That's one example.

tup, as far as I'm aware, is a constructed personality. He doesn't take himself seriously, though the irony is that he appears to take himself seriously. I believe that's the (ongoing) joke. In character he'll doubtless have to come back at me and tell me I'm wrong, even though we both know I'm right, hypothetically speaking.

I've told you... your thought/logic processes and debating content almost exactly mirrors that of another poster who was very open regarding his Asperger's . He also had other issues which I don't think relate to you in any way, at least I certainly hope not, and I've never suspected it of you or any other poster on this board... in fact I've deliberately never mentioned him in the pub section, even though his posts could keep a battery of psychologists* in work for a decade. I can independently verify this poster's existence, in case anyone thinks I'm making this up, btw. I can provide a link and a user name.... should anyone think this is mere fabrication. It's not.

*unrelated to his Autism.

Think you might be bang on the money Kelt. I've always thought Millertime was an interesting character. A lot of guys on here complain about his apparent deliberate attention seeking, trolling or posting things to incite a reaction. However, speaking to people who've actually met MT, they say he is actually 100% genuine. That is just the way he is.

If that is the case... i.e. MT's online personality is a direct representation of his real life personality, then we have some compelling evidence for Kelts diagnosis:

"Asperger syndrome is distinguished by a pattern of symptoms rather than a single symptom. It is characterized by qualitative impairment in social interaction; by stereotyped and restricted patterns of behavior, activities, and interests; and by no clinically significant delay in cognitive development, or general delay in language. Intense preoccupation with a narrow subject, one-sided verbosity, restricted prosody, and physical clumsiness are typical of the condition, but are not required for diagnosis."

Everything there, is classic Millertime... especially the final sentence.

Intense preoccupation with a narrow subject - Check! His Capri, his dog, which he bought then had to give away, Alienware laptops, cigars, record player... the list could go on.

One sided verbosity - 'language refers to speech or writing which is deemed to use an excess of words' - Grandiloquence is complex speech or writing judged to be pompous or bombastic diction. It is often used by people in elevated political positions. i.e. Warren G. Harding, the 29th President of the United States, was noted as a grandiloquent speaker, with a florid style unusual even in his era...A Democrat leader, William Gibbs McAdoo described Harding's speeches as "an army of pompous phrases moving across the landscape in search of an idea."

- Again this is classic Millertime. In fact sometimes he goes so far that he often uses series of words and expressions which he barely understands himself. An example being his continual overuse and misuse of 'incredulous'.

Finally, prosody: 'In linguistics, prosody (pronounced /ˈprɒsədi/ PROSS-ə-dee) is the rhythm, stress, and intonation of speech. Prosody may reflect various features of the speaker or the utterance: the emotional state of the speaker; the form of the utterance (statement, question, or command); the presence of irony or sarcasm; emphasis, contrast, and focus; or other elements of language that may not be encoded by grammar or choice of vocabulary.'

When you read MT's posts you can almost immediately sense his state of mind. During one of his rants, the random capitalisation of certain words usually indicate his frustration or anger. Sometimes I imagine Millertime sitting at his keyboard, as he's working himself up into a frenzy, shouting out loud as he's typing out a reply to an argument.

Mintal.

As mad as Frankie is, there's one or two on here who I think would be far better candidates for psycho analysis. If anything he's probably one of the least likely to completely flip one day and go on a gun rampage.

He's not as good at not accepting he's wrong as Sheepiekev anyway.

An argumentative cunt right enough and not the sharpest knife un the drawer but harmless none the less.

He's not as good at not accepting he's wrong as Sheepiekev anyway.

I didn't think it sounded right the way you had it before. Bri raises a good point though, there are plenty people of here deserving of psychoanalysis. Perhaps we should elect a poster each day and have all the resident psychoanalysis experts have a shot. A day might be too short a period for some though...

I didn't think it sounded right the way you had it before. Bri raises a good point though, there are plenty people of here deserving of psychoanalysis. Perhaps we should elect a poster each day and have all the resident psychoanalysis experts have a shot. A day might be too short a period for some though...

Yep. Changed bad to good and it worked.

I'll happily be the first volunteer for your suggestion.

One of the most bizarre threads I have read, I think we need the Frank Miller spade thread so he can dig a deeper hole for himself, saying that I find the baiting particularly childish. It also made me think about some of the comments and perceptions of people have of others on this site without actually meeting them ? Not everyone spends hours posting to try and create some type of cyber persona of themselves, even the ones that do , are probably polar opposites in real life. Very easy to sling insults, accusations , or shove points of view down people's throats online. I suspect if this happened face to face the outcome/perceptions would be entirely different.

One of the most bizarre threads I have read, I think we need the Frank Miller spade thread so he can dig a deeper hole for himself, saying that I find the baiting particularly childish. It also made me think about some of the comments and perceptions of people have of others on this site without actually meeting them ? Not everyone spends hours posting to try and create some type of cyber persona of themselves, even the ones that do , are probably polar opposites in real life. Very easy to sling insults, accusations , or shove points of view down people's throats online. I suspect if this happened face to face the outcome/perceptions would be entirely different.

Outrageous. :millertime:

I think folk are reading to much into it. He's a weegie, therefore thick. He's an attention seeker, see numerous examples even in this thread. Whilst I admire Kelts attempts to offer an explanation for weegie boys ranting its simply a case that he's a fucking cock

• Upvote 1