Craig Storie....

What is the score with him?

Plenty of here seem to rate him and he seems to be continually called up to Scotland Youth squads. Yet only a few starts and a few sub appearances to his name in a few years. I know he has been injured for some of this time aswell but he just doesn't seem to be getting a fair crack of the whip. All the more strange when you consider how poorly McLean has played in that deeper position all season.

I remember when we beat Celtic 2-1 at Pittodrie last season, he absolutely bossed Brown that night.

Is this just McInnes's reluctance to give our youth a chance showing again?....

McLean

McLean who has improved a lot in the last four games?

Storie is the one who should be out on loan with Cammy Smith fighting for a place. Smith is the much better player of the two.

At the moment Storie is back-up. Smith will hopefully come back and fight for a first team spot, and Storie will then go out on loan.

Storie is no better than Fraser Fyvie, who was another player massively overrated.

• Downvote 1

I don't get the hype either.

A great performance in a great TEAM performance against Celtic is all he's done.

Against the bread and butter up at Caley, I thought he was poor in a poor team performance (Gollum aside). He doesn't stand out.

Perhaps a sustained rum in the team would bring out the best in him, but we're in a result business and as much as I'd like it, we really honestly can't blood youngsters and have them starting regularly if we want to get the 2nd place cup.

I don't get the hype either.

A great performance in a great TEAM performance against Celtic is all he's done.

Against the bread and butter up at Caley, I thought he was poor in a poor team performance (Gollum aside). He doesn't stand out.

Perhaps a sustained rum in the team would bring out the best in him, but we're in a result business and as much as I'd like it, we really honestly can't blood youngsters and have them starting regularly if we want to get the 2nd place cup.

He looked very good against County, which may have been his first performance last season?

Folk think he's amazing but he's really not.

I don't think any of us have seen enough of the lad on the pitch to make any sort of reasoned judgment on his strengths and weaknesses other than what we've seen in a handful of appearances which are;

Showing promise against Celtic and up at County last season but both were very good team performances. Did he stand out as an individual ? Not for me. Think a few got carried away about the Celtic game in where we are grasping at having "one of our own" young lads stand up to one of our most hated figures in Scott Brown and with the team coming away with a great win a lot of focus was on a great performance by the lad, which was wrong. He played played well, decent and contributed to the result, nothing more.

If he was doing the business in training and 20S games I'm sure he would be pushing for a starting place, he's obviously not.

Would love to see him come in, dominate and be a fixture in the first team for years, I just cant see it at the moment.

McInnes is not doing a good job with the youngster.

Needs to sort that out. We've got Storie and Wright that should be getting more game time in my opinion.

Storie has already proved he can hold his own in the league. Wright showed some good signs at the end of last season.

With Jack injured that should be an ideal time to give Storie a run out and with McGinn blowing out his arse and needing a break Wright should've been given some game time as well.

Based on what, exactly?

Every game I've seen Storie in, he's made a positive impact. The same cannot be said of Cammy Smith.

Firstly, I've been at plenty of games where Storie has been average. Very few where he's stood out. The Celtic one everyone keeps mentioning, it was one game.

Smith, I've generally always been impressed with but has never been given a fair run in the team. Arguably either has Storie, but from what I've seen of the two of them I'd rate Smith the better player.

Firstly, I've been at plenty of games where Storie has been average. Very few where he's stood out. The Celtic one everyone keeps mentioning, it was one game.

Smith, I've generally always been impressed with but has never been given a fair run in the team. Arguably either has Storie, but from what I've seen of the two of them I'd rate Smith the better player.

Off the top of my head, he started 5 games last season and totally bossed 2 of them, Tims & County away. He was poor against Partick away (I think he started) and looked very comfortable in the Friday night game v Dundee.

What games has Cammy Smith ever stood out? I genuinely can't think of one.

Storie has been better than Smith thus far in their careers, but neither has been given a decent chance.

Cammy Smith may well turn out to be a better player, but at the moment Craig Storie is the one who has shown he's worth a shot the most.

Smith and Storie along with most youth players we've produced have been hyped up and end up at the likes of Ross County, St Johnstone, Peterhead, Inverness etc.... I still recall Bagshaw (Next Rooney), Strachan, Mackie (next Owen), Crawford (Anderson) but to name a few instances of overhyping. Maddison is of a similar age and is light years ahead - thats the quality they need to be at. Hector and Ward are two other younger members who have shown the standard of a good player at that age.

Fraser, McNaughton, Anderson..... maybe Jack at a push...... who have been decent productions of our youth system. 3 players in over 15 years.

I'd move Smith and Storie on more for their own benefit to improve their careers.

Smith and Storie along with most youth players we've produced have been hyped up and end up at the likes of Ross County, St Johnstone, Peterhead, Inverness etc.... I still recall Bagshaw (Next Rooney), Strachan, Mackie (next Owen), Crawford (Anderson) but to name a few instances of overhyping. Maddison is of a similar age and is light years ahead - thats the quality they need to be at. Hector and Ward are two other younger members who have shown the standard of a good player at that age.

Fraser, McNaughton, Anderson..... maybe Jack at a push...... who have been decent productions of our youth system. 3 players in over 15 years.

I'd move Smith and Storie on more for their own benefit to improve their careers.

Bit harsh on Considine! Ok he's not a world beater but solid enough at this level. Surely a "decent production"

Guest findlay_1903

The first half in that Celtic game, storie was chasing shadows. We as a team were very poor till Hayes scored. I remember saying at the time that we should look to sub him. He was much better in the second half. Other than that, can't remember too many other glittering moments in a red shirt. Singing sevco songs is not good for a rookie squad player.

Bit harsh on Considine! Ok he's not a world beater but solid enough at this level. Surely a "decent production"

Considine hasn't been a bad player and has been very loyal. I'm referring to players that would be considered key players that can push the team up a gear. We've only got a handful to pick from.

Storie reminds me very much of Fyvie. It's early days and he needs more time but I can see him playing his football elsewhere.

Off the top of my head, he started 5 games last season and totally bossed 2 of them, Tims & County away. He was poor against Partick away (I think he started) and looked very comfortable in the Friday night game v Dundee.

What games has Cammy Smith ever stood out? I genuinely can't think of one.

Storie has been better than Smith thus far in their careers, but neither has been given a decent chance.

Cammy Smith may well turn out to be a better player, but at the moment Craig Storie is the one who has shown he's worth a shot the most.

I think there is an over reaction to how he played against Celtic.

He got stuck in and made a fair number of tackles but in first half he was chasing the ball more than Willo Flood does and it left gaps everywhere caused by it.

His passing looked average and he had a number of poor touches.

Storie didnt boss anything in that game other than being very physical.

That's a couple of the folk that don't go to games getting it wrong.

I'm shocked

Maddison, Ward, Hector and Burns have provided the basis of the level required from a youth player in order to get a start in our first team. Smith and Storie are light years behind. If they were good enough then McInnes would play them.

• Upvote 1