Sevco Thread

2 hours ago, 1983 said:

It’s a strange scenario and not one that should be instantly blamed on der hun. Essentially, they argue that their own contract with Parks would be broken, as within that contract they aren’t permitted to advertise another car dealership. The SPFL contract allows for those scenarios/exemptions, and it seems the SPFL never brought it to cinch’s attention, nor responded to this being highlighted before the contract was signed. This, for me, is something that Doncaster has deliberately not broached with cinch for fear of them losing the deal.

It would be equivalent of the SPFL agreeing a deal with one of our main sponsor’s competitors and then us potentially losing our own club sponsorship and long term goodwill  in return for the pittance sum agreed split by all clubs.

As it’s the huns I don’t give a fuck, but there’s no getting away from the sheer incompetence of the SPFL here. And yes, they did pay 300k to a firm to broker the deal.

So if the SPFL agreed a sponsorship deal with, say, Talisman, we could legitimately protest that it conflicts with our own deal with Saltire Energy?

Given the wide range of top division clubs individual sponsorship deals and the sectors that encompasses, I’m amazed that the SPFL manage to broker a deal with ANY company. 

At the end of the day, this has all to do with Sevco’s beef with Doncaster and how he ended the season early last year due to Covid, plus how they felt the governing body dealt with their implosion in 2012. As mentioned earlier, the fact that Stewart Robertson sits on the SPFL board makes it all the more shite. I mean, why didn’t he holler at the time the deal was being announced? Why wait till now?

27 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

So if the SPFL agreed a sponsorship deal with, say, Talisman, we could legitimately protest that it conflicts with our own deal with Saltire Energy?

Given the wide range of top division clubs individual sponsorship deals and the sectors that encompasses, I’m amazed that the SPFL manage to broker a deal with ANY company. 

At the end of the day, this has all to do with Sevco’s beef with Doncaster and how he ended the season early last year due to Covid, plus how they felt the governing body dealt with their implosion in 2012. As mentioned earlier, the fact that Stewart Robertson sits on the SPFL board makes it all the more shite. I mean, why didn’t he holler at the time the deal was being announced? Why wait till now?

If Saltire had stipulated within the contract that we couldn’t enter an agreement with another OFS company then yes. It was in their original contract that predated the cinch contract. 

I believe they did “holler” and it was never dealt with - there is a specific clause to deal with these situations, exactly because, as you state, there will be multiple opportunities for clubs to be in the same situation.

Absolutely der hun are horrible bastards and this is another example, where in reality, you would hope your club sponsor would understand it’s for the greater good. HOWEVER, just imagine AFC did a deal with Carwow and it was ruined because Doncaster et.al didn’t behave in an honest and forthright manner by respecting our clubs right to protect our own agreements, as is our right.

Doncaster is a fucking cretin that needs to be jettisoned for his complete failure to realise any proper value within our game - this is just another example of his slapdash approach. The whole league sponsorship could collapse because he hasn’t adhered to the terms the clubs agreed to.

7 minutes ago, 1983 said:

If Saltire had stipulated within the contract that we couldn’t enter an agreement with another OFS company then yes. It was in their original contract that predated the cinch contract. 

I believe they did “holler” and it was never dealt with - there is a specific clause to deal with these situations, exactly because, as you state, there will be multiple opportunities for clubs to be in the same situation.

Absolutely der hun are horrible bastards and this is another example, where in reality, you would hope your club sponsor would understand it’s for the greater good. HOWEVER, just imagine AFC did a deal with Carwow and it was ruined because Doncaster et.al didn’t behave in an honest and forthright manner by respecting our clubs right to protect our own agreements, as is our right.

Doncaster is a fucking cretin that needs to be jettisoned for his complete failure to realise any proper value within our game - this is just another example of his slapdash approach. The whole league sponsorship could collapse because he hasn’t adhered to the terms the clubs agreed to.

So what we are saying here is that Doncaster’s already bloated salary is enhanced with a % cut of any sponsorship deal, hence his haste to get the deal signed?

1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

So what we are saying here is that Doncaster’s already bloated salary is enhanced with a % cut of any sponsorship deal, hence his haste to get the deal signed?

I wouldn’t have thought he gets a % of any deals? He was under pressure to find a sponsor so that’ll be his main motivation I think. Having to pay a consultancy 300k to find the deal is a disgrace too.

“Don’t you think they need (the) champions league’s money?

I think so. I think they need that. I think that’s a good answer isn’t it?”

“You want to expand on that?”

“I think you all are clever lads so you understand it.”

Fucking typical bootlincking arsehole weegie journo.

"You want to expand on that". Replied as if personally insulted.

Get fucked, you pathetic, spineless piece of shit.

• Haha 8
  • Upvote 5
12 hours ago, sooth_stander said:

Saltire Energy's CEO has "a beef" because he believes that his sponsorship contract gives him the exclusive right (save for the kit manufacturer's branding) to have his logo on the Aberdeen FC shirt.   Apparently, he was approached by AFC seeking his agreement to additional sleeve advertising and he declined their request ...only to see the Cinch logo appear anyway.        

13 hours ago, G31DON said:

Douglas Park sells cars for a living, that's the problem. 

But as stated, that is his own personal business sing the conflict of interest but  Sevco have no commercial agreements in place that conflicts with the Cinch deal.

If they don't comply, just with withhold all any prize money due to them at the end of the season and divide it up amongst the other clubs and also give them a points deduction for every game they did not comply with the agreement

• Upvote 2
9 minutes ago, Iraq_Red said:

But as stated, that is his own personal business sing the conflict of interest but  Sevco have no commercial agreements in place that conflicts with the Cinch deal.

If they don't comply, just with withhold all any prize money due to them at the end of the season and divide it up amongst the other clubs and also give them a points deduction for every game they did not comply with the agreement

50 points per game should do the trick

One major issue that the clubs seem happy to just ignore is why the fuck they are paying a company 10% per annum to broker that deal, 

Isn't that the cunt Doncaster job, why the fuck is he getting paid if not to do his job I'm sick of that cunt teflon bastard, no doubt he must have pics of the club chairmen all involved in a rampant drug fuelled  gay orgy,  how else can he always escape accountability

Let’s say you’re David Murray in 2011.  You need a chancer to remove the bank debt to retain your property titles.  Interestingly I genuinely don’t see where he got his reward.  Was he the ultimate patsy?  That then allows you liquidate to remove the tax debt (HMRC having always said a cva a la hertz was unachievable).  You need Bryson et al to fly the continuation kite/pink elephant.   You need compliant media to tell your version of the story over and over until everyone accepts it.  You need to pay the guys who carry the flak whilst you’re doing it, particularly once the parachute option to the premiership was shut off.  And you need a pile of mugs to fund the success which will only be attained by buying players you otherwise can’t afford.  Finally, it would be pretty peachy if your arse cheek partnership buddy was as accommodating as possible  given his foot is now supposedly on your throat whilst simultaneously being sympathetic to the probable sale of said partnership into a “super league” scenario at some point in the future.

Hes not really had a bad run has he, obvious pun accepted.

On this one occasion, I wouldn’t be against the huns winning an argument if it meant the end of Doncaster.

How can you be so incompetent that even if you pay someone else to do your job for you, things still end up a mess? Has he ever done a single thing during his time in charge that people would turn round and say yeah good job there?

He’s useless.

• Upvote 2
2 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

On this one occasion, I wouldn’t be against the huns winning an argument if it meant the end of Doncaster.

How can you be so incompetent that even if you pay someone else to do your job for you, things still end up a mess? Has he ever done a single thing during his time in charge that people would turn round and say yeah good job there?

He’s useless.

Absolutely fuck all, he facilitated vote rigging last summer, 

He was complicent in the plan to parachute rangers into the top tier instead of 4th tier, 

He has presided over the worst era Scottish football has ever seen,

The spfl being taken to court, 

The total embarrassment of the spfl covid stance , 

And still the fucker wonders into Hampden and lifts a healthy wedge, the cunt must have  info, or pics of certain folk in compromising positions