Out Of Contract

No not Deano and McKenna - I'm talking about the long career 15-20 year type scenarios; like Del piero and all them. If Dean and Scott are still here when they reach 33ish,then aye - they can do whatever they want. Keys to the city.

And dont you happy clapper me you wee prick;one way ticket to red hot buttocks

Silly cunt should have yaken a 10 year deal if he could ask what he wanted. ;)

PS. No idea what you're on about re happy clapper but get your mind off my buttocks you oddball cunt.

No not Deano and McKenna - I'm talking about the long career 15-20 year type scenarios; like Del piero and all them. If Dean and Scott are still here when they reach 33ish,then aye - they can do whatever they want. Keys to the city.

And dont you happy clapper me you wee prick;one way ticket to red hot buttocks

Del Piero played for 4 teams.

Considine is a fairly limited player. He knows this himself. If he wasn’t he wouldn’t have stayed with us all his career. What you will get is 100% commitment and honesty when he pulls on that red shirt. Bear in mind he has also scored some fairly important goals for us in his career. He would crawl over broken glass to play for the dons and won’t break the bank. Deserves his 2 year deal as he has earned it....

• Upvote 2

Considine is a fairly limited player. He knows this himself. If he wasn’t he wouldn’t have stayed with us all his career. What you will get is 100% commitment and honesty when he pulls on that red shirt. Bear in mind he has also scored some fairly important goals for us in his career. He would crawl over broken glass to play for the dons and won’t break the bank. Deserves his 2 year deal as he has earned it....

An honestly shit player is worth two dishonestly shit players.

Sounds like the sort of nonsense that was said about Darren mackie

Come on min - he's had another good season at centre half. Outshone McKenna in the majority of games they have played together, in my opinion. Worthy of a deal - not as a top earner - but more than happy to retain him.

Don't get me wrong, he's been a fine servant to the club, but he continually frustrates me and watching him run and turn to chase is like having hot needles inserted into my eyeballs (i imagine).

No doubt he gives 100% every game, but so would you or I.

Oddly enough I think he's been our best centre half this season which in itself speaks volumes about how poor we've been this season.

Bet you rave about McKenna though...Considine looked the better of the two for the majority of this season.

Plenty of ex professionals who know the game inside out agree with you. Unbelievable how much stick he still gets though, he’s probably the hardest working player we have (because he knows he has to be) and always does the job he’s asked to do. Happy he’s signed and that Reynolds is the one that’s gone out of our two experienced defenders

Plenty of ex professionals who know the game inside out agree with you. Unbelievable how much stick he still gets though, he’s probably the hardest working player we have (because he knows he has to be) and always does the job he’s asked to do. Happy he’s signed and that Reynolds is the one that’s gone out of our two experienced defenders

Aye agreed. Yes he runs like he has lead in his boots but hes got other attributes that mask that. Had Morelos in his back pocket that cup game at pittodrie.

• Upvote 2

Funny enough was in the dressing room recently and all the stats and figures are on the wall. Considine leads them all for training.

• Upvote 1

Can’t believe the pelters Consi is taking. For me he’s been maybe POTY. Aye I don’t like him at left back but he fills in when needed and gives 100%. It’s clearly not his position Cos at centre half he’s been immense in some big games. He’s rarely been left out and essentially kept Devlin out the team based on form.

Other contender for me for POTY funnily enough is Max Lowe. Who means he can play CB.

Certainly cannot be disappointed knowing Consi is about next season.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

In true Derek McInnes style the loanee I am most keen to get hold of is Tommie Hoban.

Worth a punt in my opinion despite how often weve been burned with injured players

Depends on his wage. I'd expect he'd still be relatively expensive and we can't afford to have a big wage sitting on the treatment table for 3/4's of the season.

Yeah, i'm sure we could afford him. I'm questioning whether what we'd have to pay him would be value for money, given his injury record.

We certainly couldn't afford to get anywhere near his Watford wages. But with his injury record he may not have a lot of options. However it would be madness for us (or anyone) to sign him up until he has recovered 100%. I can think of a few who have done the same knee cruciate 2 times.....we tend to sign some of  them. But can't off the top of my head think of anyone who has done cruciates in both knees. Starting point for cruciate recovery is 9 months which would have him out till November at very least. Watford I'm sure will let him use their facilities to do his rehab even if they don't offer him a new contract. If he does this successfully he would still be a huge risk but if he were prepared to accept a very low basic wage (and I mean miniscule compared to his Watford wage) say £1k/week but with very good (for Scotland) appearance money then he might be worth a gamble for 12-18 months to see how he goes.

Based on his form first of the season. Id tend to agree that since he returned he's mainly been a let down.

He's dropped off, but the you can say the same for the whole team.

Since he's been back, he's been in the conversation for MOTM, in most of our games.  Not that that is a particularly lofty achievement!

• Upvote 1