#4291 OFFLINE   NEM

NEM

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts
  • Joined 07-September 16

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:21 AM

Is it not a bit strange that Considine still hasn't signed a new contract extension?

Saving the news for a pre cup final boost.  Either that or announce it after he scores the winner against Caley

#4292 OFFLINE   redone

redone

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 496 posts
  • Joined 18-November 06

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:30 AM

Is it not a bit strange that Considine still hasn't signed a new contract extension?

It'll be at the bottom of the McIness to-do list, because it's an absolute formality that he'll be offered a new contract /extension and as much a formality that he'll accept.

#4293 OFFLINE   AllyDon

AllyDon

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Joined 20-July 17

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:41 PM

Joe Lewis is the biggest worry for me contracted until only 2020.

Really want to see him sign a new contract asap and if anyone should be getting a contract to make him the highest paid player at Pittodrie it should be Joe.

Would hate to go into next season with no contract extension and the potential to run down his contract.

#4294 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,285 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:42 PM

Really want to see him sign a new contract asap and if anyone should be getting a contract to make him the highest paid player at Pittodrie it should be Joe.

Would hate to go into next season with no contract extension and the potential to run down his contract.

Agreed

#4295 OFFLINE   TheRock

TheRock

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,054 posts
  • Joined 10-January 16

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:47 PM

There's folk who don't like players running down their contract and say if they don't sign an extention, they should be sold the summer before.

Joe tests this theory. Wouldn't you rather have him in our goal for an extra year than sell him with a year left on his contract (so for a cut price) and then we're looking for a replacement with a tiny budget.

#4296 OFFLINE   AllyDon

AllyDon

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Joined 20-July 17

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:58 PM

Agreed

Do you need a wee lie down after typing that? :rolleyes:

He has been a great keeper for us and would be hard to replace.

Sounds like he is settled up here so push the boat out to get him signed up for another few years.

#4297 OFFLINE   Ten Caat

Ten Caat

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts
  • Joined 05-December 17

Posted 13 March 2019 - 12:59 PM

It would be strange if he hadn't signed a deal that had been offered but until DM puts a contract on the table what can poor old Consi do?

#4298 OFFLINE   NEM

NEM

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,586 posts
  • Joined 07-September 16

Posted 13 March 2019 - 01:51 PM

100%

Offer him a 5 year deal with a testimonial at the end of it if that's what it takes

#4299 OFFLINE   Tord31

Tord31

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 16,784 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:25 PM

There's folk who don't like players running down their contract and say if they don't sign an extention, they should be sold the summer before.

Joe tests this theory. Wouldn't you rather have him in our goal for an extra year than sell him with a year left on his contract (so for a cut price) and then we're looking for a replacement with a tiny budget.

I'm happy with the theory.

Offer him the best offer we can in the next month or two - no dicking around with a piecemeal effort to negotiations.

If it's a no then get an agent to tout him around England for £2M or so.

If a replacement is inferior then it's unfortunate but we really want to reverse the trend of our best players leaving for free.

The Livvie keeper and the St Johnstone keeper are both very decent for our league

COYR!

#4300 OFFLINE   AllyDon

AllyDon

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 693 posts
  • Joined 20-July 17

Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:51 PM

I'm happy with the theory.

Offer him the best offer we can in the next month or two - no dicking around with a piecemeal effort to negotiations.

If it's a no then get an agent to tout him around England for £2M or so.

If a replacement is inferior then it's unfortunate but we really want to reverse the trend of our best players leaving for free.

The Livvie keeper and the St Johnstone keeper are both very decent for our league

Agree with you.

Would hate to see Joe leave but would rather we tried to sell him for 2m+ that let him run his contract down.

No player is bigger than the club and as much as I understand it will be very difficult to replace him it can be done.

No player should be allowed to run their contract down without us at least trying to move them on.

#4301 OFFLINE   RUL

RUL

Director of Football

• Members
  • 12,413 posts
  • Joined 14-October 07

Posted 13 March 2019 - 02:53 PM

I'd rather Lewis ran his contract down as no club is going to pay £2M for him in any case. We would get a token amount. For what it's worth I think he will sign a new contract.

#4302 OFFLINE   Tord31

Tord31

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 16,784 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

Posted 13 March 2019 - 03:14 PM

I'd rather Lewis ran his contract down as no club is going to pay £2M for him in any case. We would get a token amount. For what it's worth I think he will sign a new contract.

thats absolutely fine. thats my asking price for a sale in May-July 2019. We'd probably need to review the going rate in August and in January 2020.

Given his form the last 3 years personally I dont think £2m is unreasonable whatsoever considering how good he could be for a team in the english championship

COYR!

#4303 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 33,285 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 13 March 2019 - 03:24 PM

It would be strange if he hadn't signed a deal that had been offered but until DM puts a contract on the table what can poor old Consi do?

Give us some figures to discuss!

#4304 OFFLINE   starryfish

starryfish

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,190 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:06 PM

GMS is starting to look no loss at all. Happy to go with McGinn, McLennan and a new winger as 3 options out wide.

It would be a fair boost to hold on to Max Lowe but regardless weve certainly seen the benefit of having an out and out left back so that has to be a priority.

Regardless of whether Ferguson and Campbell are viewed as the first picks we will need another body in central midfield. It probably looks like Gleeson will move on this summer.

I think if Stewart is looking for £5k/week then i'd probably twist and move on to a new target there too.

Cosgrove will clearly be #9 and first pick next season but probably need another striker in addition to May and Anderson. Not impossible that could yet be Wilson but looks like we'd probably rather twist than stick.

Shopping List

A winger
A left back
A central midfielder
A forward/#10
A striker

Perhaps only re-signing Consi and Ball so something like 11 out and 5 in should certainly give plenty wages to make these signings count.

Same shopping list as last summer then?

#4305 OFFLINE   Zander1903

Zander1903

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 918 posts
  • Joined 08-February 14

Posted 13 March 2019 - 08:14 PM

Same shopping list as last summer then?

quite a number of years

#4306 OFFLINE   Tord31

Tord31

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 16,784 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:02 PM

Friday presser:

DM - all focus is on securing european football through the league and getting ready for the semi final and no time for contract talks until these games are out of the way

COYR!

#4307 OFFLINE   super_al

super_al

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,160 posts
  • Joined 11-April 07

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:24 PM

I am surprised he did not say, “all focus is on building a new stadium and there will be no contract discussions until that’s out the way”.

#4308 OFFLINE   maryhilldon

maryhilldon

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,796 posts
  • Joined 18-January 16

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:27 PM

I am surprised he did not say, “all focus is on building a new stadium and there will be no contract discussions until that’s out the way”.

He might yet, it's only Wednesday.

#4309 OFFLINE   Tord31

Tord31

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 16,784 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

Posted 13 March 2019 - 10:31 PM

that would have been better actually

poor Consi

COYR!

#4310 OFFLINE   Shinniesta

Shinniesta

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,787 posts
  • Joined 10-March 17

Posted 13 March 2019 - 11:35 PM

Definitely a fair sized rebuilding job again for DM this summer. GMS, Shinnie and McKenna will all be away. Can't imagine Gleeson will be here next season and Wilson definitely won't be. But the youngsters breaking through is a major plus. Hopefully Wright comes back from Dundee a better and physically stronger player. Anderson will return from Dunfermline and hopefully Frank Ross gets over the injury he has.

Hopefully sign Ball on a permanent contract and try and get Lowe back again next season if possible.

With Shinnie, GMS, Wilson, Gleeson and McKenna very likely not here next season and with some of whatever (hopefully large) fee we get for McKenna to reinvest McInnes should have a sizeable chunk of money available to replace the outgoing players he just needs to find players of the right quality.

#4311 OFFLINE   Chewie37

Chewie37

Wookie

• Members
  • 11,837 posts
  • Joined 03-July 14

Posted 14 March 2019 - 01:09 AM

I don’t think Gleeson will leave, think DM will see him as a player for next season if he can slim down a bit more
I've moved to California

#4312 OFFLINE   aberdeen1970

aberdeen1970

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,763 posts
  • Joined 19-May 17

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:54 AM

Hopefully the progress of the youngsters this year will allow us to focus on quality rather than quantity this summer.

Getting some continuity is key. The team with Hayes, Rooney, McGinn, McLean, Jack etc stayed together for a few years and it definitely helps.

Some key decisions to be made re Lewis contract situation and the plan for the next right back (as well as the continuing left back situation every summer). Also, McKenna might actually go this summer so defence will be a priority.

We need another striker and probably 2 midfielders, ideally of the creative, attacking variety.

So yeah a big job again but we've got a good base of youngsters to build around.

#4313 OFFLINE   Tord31

Tord31

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 16,784 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

Posted 14 March 2019 - 12:51 PM

Big job yes but we are definitely better placed for first day of pre season than we were last summer and considering we have 10 players leaving so loads of scope for signings (I am going to assume Considine signs soon).

Lewis

Logan Devlin McKenna Considine

Ferguson XXXX

McLennan May McGinn

Cosgrove

others: Rogers, Wright, Anderson, Campbell, Gleeson

COYR!

#4314 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 33,285 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:41 PM

[quote name="Chewie37" post="1751388" timestamp="1552525794"]

I don’t think Gleeson will leave, think DM will see him as a player for next season if he can slim down a bit more[/quote

I love how animated gleeson is in the celebrations

Think he still has a role here

#4315 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 33,285 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:42 PM

Big job yes but we are definitely better placed for first day of pre season than we were last summer and considering we have 10 players leaving so loads of scope for signings (I am going to assume Considine signs soon).

Lewis

Logan Devlin McKenna Considine

Ferguson XXXX

McLennan May McGinn
Cosgrove

others: Rogers, Wright, Anderson, Campbell, Gleeson

Surely we won't keep a hold of mckenna for next season?

Just as I was starting to love him!

#4316 OFFLINE   Tord31

Tord31

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 16,784 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

Posted 14 March 2019 - 02:55 PM

Quite possibly he'll move on this summer but I doubt it'll be before pre season returns

COYR!

#4317 OFFLINE   Chewie37

Chewie37

Wookie

• Members
  • 11,837 posts
  • Joined 03-July 14

Posted 14 March 2019 - 11:00 PM

[quote name="Millertime" post="1751581" timestamp="1552574467"][quote name="Chewie37" post="1751388" timestamp="1552525794"]I don’t think Gleeson will leave, think DM will see him as a player for next season if he can slim down a bit more[/quoteI love how animated gleeson is in the celebrations Think he still has a role here[/quote]

Yeah he seems to me to be someone who’s listened to his manager and has been working hard, DM never seems to bad mouth him anyway and he does seem to be part of the squad mentality

Surely we won't keep a hold of mckenna for next season?Just as I was starting to love him!

His shoulders just about fitting your expectations now? ;)

Edited by Chewie37, 14 March 2019 - 11:01 PM.

I've moved to California

#4318 OFFLINE   SupportmeansSUPPORT

SupportmeansSUPPORT

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts
  • Joined 09-August 08

Posted 22 March 2019 - 09:23 AM

https://www.dailyrec...erdeen-14171246

Considine has triggered a 1 year contract extension and we are looking to do a permanent deal with Dom Ball apparantly.

#4319 OFFLINE   Tord31

Tord31

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 16,784 posts
  • Joined 31-December 06

Posted 22 March 2019 - 10:12 AM

If Consi playing a certain amount of games triggered an automatic extension then it possibly explains why they have not bothered to do anything until now

COYR!

#4320 OFFLINE   CityCentre

CityCentre

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 612 posts
  • Joined 17-July 18

Posted 22 March 2019 - 10:25 AM

Dom Ball on a permanent deal - next season is going to be even worse.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users