Aberdeen 3 - 2 Livingston

Quite a couple of weeks for us Dons. From despair to optimism to despair and back to optimism. It’s a shame we’ve been so inconsistent this season and if McInnes had sourced suitable replacements for Mclean and Rooney we could well be near the summit. As it is though we’re in the log jammed top 6 and been carried there by some moments of brilliance from our youngsters. It’s encouraging to see May and Cosgrove put in a shift and Mclennan certainly made a difference when he came on. Ferguson’s stock rises again although it wasn’t his best game and looks like he could do with a rest. The fact Derek won’t drop him or replace him with the likes of Gleeson, Forrester or Tansey is pretty telling though. Seems to have no faith in them being able to make a difference even when our midfield are struggling.  I know our strikers have taken most of the flak this season but what a difference it made getting some quality balls fired in from the wide areas. A confident May would have taken home the match ball and Considine should really have buried his effort from 6 yards. Need to build on this now and lift ourselves into the mix above, the fixtures are favourable in that regard but a poor showing against St Mirren will have us back at square 1 again.

• Upvote 1

With out sounding too negative here, I am a self confessed happy clapper but we were 60 seconds away from disater there. Two horrendous goals to lose and a shocking 1st half performance. Never the less they showed great character bringing it back. I want a minimum of 10 points from the next 15 going int the winter break.

• Upvote 1

With out sounding too negative here, I am a self confessed happy clapper but we were 60 seconds away from disater there. Two horrendous goals to lose and a shocking 1st half performance. Never the less they showed great character bringing it back. I want a minimum of 10 points from the next 15 going int the winter break.

I’m wanting 15 points from the 15 available but will settle for 13.

Quite a couple of weeks for us Dons. From despair to optimism to despair and back to optimism. It’s a shame we’ve been so inconsistent this season and if McInnes had sourced suitable replacements for Mclean and Rooney we could well be near the summit. As it is though we’re in the log jammed top 6 and been carried there by some moments of brilliance from our youngsters. It’s encouraging to see May and Cosgrove put in a shift and Mclennan certainly made a difference when he came on. Ferguson’s stock rises again although it wasn’t his best game and looks like he could do with a rest. The fact Derek won’t drop him or replace him with the likes of Gleeson, Forrester or Tansey is pretty telling though. Seems to have no faith in them being able to make a difference even when our midfield are struggling. I know our strikers have taken most of the flak this season but what a difference it made getting some quality balls fired in from the wide areas. A confident May would have taken home the match ball and Considine should really have buried his effort from 6 yards. Need to build on this now and lift ourselves into the mix above, the fixtures are favourable in that regard but a poor showing against St Mirren will have us back at square 1 again.

If anybody left feeling optimistic they simply weren’t watching.

McLennan yes for sure. The Ferguson Shinnie combo arite. May affa near and don’t forget Lowe so good he’ll be leaving.

But overall, meh!

• Downvote 4

The problem is they cannot sustain a 90 minute performance that is all out will to win. Who is their physical training instructor, maybe they should call in the SAS. Drop points against St Mirren the SAS should beat the shit out of them.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Nothing wrong with the fitness.

We just don't have many players he trusts. That in addition to injuries to key players and a general imbalance in the attacking part of the team means we can't be relied upon to put together the types of runs of wins that his previous teams could.

We struggle to control the midfield consistently and struggle to create and score goals. We're also fairly predictable and lacking in pace.

The bright spots are the youngsters who are making a mark. Let's hope they continue their promise.

McLennan yes for sure. The Ferguson Shinnie combo arite. May affa near and don’t forget Lowe so good he’ll be leaving.

But overall, meh!

Optimistic or not the main thing now is to get through to the winter break/January transfer window with as much points as possible. Lets hope we have a reason to be optimistic when we come back for the second half of the season though.

Until then abdy get behind the team, its what they deserve.

But overall, meh!

It was a much better performance in the 2nd 45 and perhaps proved that the likes of May and Cosgrove aren’t complete lost causes as some would have us believe. Mclennan was another positive but like Wright, Ferguson and Anderson, needs to be doing it consistently when given the chance.  It was doom and gloom after the weekend but starting to look up again, but yes we need to follow it with up with a similar showing.

Really enjoyed that match.

Some marvellous swashbuckling attacking in the 2nd half.

Good antidote to the dire assortment of negative shite we've witnessed thus far.

Please let this be a turning point in terms of our approach to games.

Perhaps being 2-1 down at half time was a good thing.

Maybe forced Derek to get his balls oot.

Hopefully they can remain oot, dangling in full view for the foreseeable. 

Aright One Eyed Willie