Bruce Anderson

Suppose its down to him now to make an impact down there and give Mcinnes something to think about. He needs game time to develop so a loan move makes sense, although i can see the point that Derek does tend to favour filling out the squad with loans at the expense of our own youth. Whether that's down to players not making the grade or individuals not having the right characteristics he looks for i'm not sure.
Hard to point to too many recent examples of youngsters being released and going on to bigger things though.

I thought he improved from his time at Elgin but the quality of the opposition wasn’t good enough.  Typically Scottish experienced centre halves every week where the quality of the feed wasn’t good enough for him to exploit his own strengths.  From an extensive survey (2 games) I thought Ruth was the more natural poacher type than Anderson.  Anderson reminded me of Goodwillie, if less litigious.

38 minutes ago, thedandydon said:

Suppose its down to him now to make an impact down there and give Mcinnes something to think about. He needs game time to develop so a loan move makes sense, although i can see the point that Derek does tend to favour filling out the squad with loans at the expense of our own youth. Whether that's down to players not making the grade or individuals not having the right characteristics he looks for i'm not sure.
Hard to point to too many recent examples of youngsters being released and going on to bigger things though.

I don't think McInnes has Anderson as a significant player and it's hard to see that changing.

If we extend his deal its more likely an investment decision that we are worried he could end up being worth a few hundred thousand.

14 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I don't think McInnes has Anderson as a significant player and it's hard to see that changing.

If we extend his deal its more likely an investment decision that we are worried he could end up being worth a few hundred thousand.

Tend to agree. He looked decent in pre-season but hasn't had much of a look-in since and we'll soon have Watkins, Cosgrove, Edmondson and Main completing for the forward role ahead of him so makes sense for him to seek out first team football elsewhere. Ayr will be a good test for him and with the aforementioned being eitther on short term deals, Main unlikely to stay beyond the summer and Cosgrove attracting offers he could force his way into the managers thoughts and earn a new contract. There's potential there but its whether he's reached it or can push on further now i don't know.

1 hour ago, Betty Swallicks said:

I guess he is Deeks 5th choice so a loan makes sense.

I can't see him ever being good enough (unfortunately) for us and will likely end up at a dundee/utd/st johnstone type club. 

Pretty much this. He’s played his last game for us, that’s clear. Looks like Cormack has raised the bar, too high for Bruce.

Hell be another like Shankland I reckon, probably better for his career to leave us in order to play week in week out (starting to fear the same with Campbell)

It's a shame on the lad as I think hes a dons fan too.

You can tell McInnes has never really fancied him and hasn't given him too much of a run to prove himself in the last two seasons.

Certainly rate him better than Main.

30 minutes ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

Hell be another like Shankland I reckon, probably better for his career to leave us in order to play week in week out (starting to fear the same with Campbell)

It's a shame on the lad as I think hes a dons fan too.

You can tell McInnes has never really fancied him and hasn't given him too much of a run to prove himself in the last two seasons.

Certainly rate him better than Main.

It's probably the "Scottish fitba" skills that Main has that Anderson lacks. The "being strong", "running around" and "putting yourself about". Quite depressing really. He's not going to win you the ball back or hold it up and bring others into the attack, but if you give him a chance in the box he'll probably bury it. 

4 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

It's probably the "Scottish fitba" skills that Main has that Anderson lacks. The "being strong", "running around" and "putting yourself about". Quite depressing really. He's not going to win you the ball back or hold it up and bring others into the attack, but if you give him a chance in the box he'll probably bury it. 

I think someone like Anderson can play up front on their own but not if he's used as a target and expected to play with his back to goal against a big centre half. 

A team who plays through the middle and down the wings can easily accommodate a smaller, fox in the box type striker. 

17 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I think someone like Anderson can play up front on their own but not if he's used as a target and expected to play with his back to goal against a big centre half. 

A team who plays through the middle and down the wings can easily accommodate a smaller, fox in the box type striker. 

But he's not going to receive the ball in a tight area and maybe pass it on to a winger or attacking midfielder before making a run.... he's just going to jog around and wait for an opportunity. Rooney was a poacher but he had a bit of strength and running in him too. Anderson has shown very little apart from scoring goals at lesser levels so far.

1 hour ago, V for Vendetta said:

With Watkins and Edmundson loanees and Main being somewhat agricultural, does Anderson still have a chance at it if he shows up well when on his loan?

I think he might just have a chance but he needs to round out his game to be able to play the lone striker role.

"No"

4 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

But he's not going to receive the ball in a tight area and maybe pass it on to a winger or attacking midfielder before making a run.... he's just going to jog around and wait for an opportunity. Rooney was a poacher but he had a bit of strength and running in him too. Anderson has shown very little apart from scoring goals at lesser levels so far.

Totally agree.  He needed to show more when he got his opportunities, brief as they were. 

On 10/8/2020 at 4:23 PM, aberdeen1970 said:

Totally agree.  He needed to show more when he got his opportunities, brief as they were. 

What a load oh bollocks that is, how many games did Cosgrove get without scoring. Sent off against the Tims for his first game.

If Anderson got half the chances that guffy cunts go he would be a 20 a season player.

• Upvote 2