Our next game is now 18 days away.

The idea is that younger-ish fans aged roughly 15 to 45 will go the the Merkland stand for this one to try and create an atmosphere.

As someone outside this age bracket, I'll take it that I can leave my singing voice at home for this one. That aside, I'm not sure this idea has been properly thought through. Surely it would have been better to trial it in a game where there would be a good crowd, decent away support and even better some history of rivalry with the opposition. Aberdeen fans are notoriously quiet and reserved at home games and I'm not convinced standing at a tie against Dumbarton is going to change that.

As someone outside this age bracket, I'll take it that I can leave my singing voice at home for this one. That aside, I'm not sure this idea has been properly thought through. Surely it would have been better to trial it in a game where there would be a good crowd, decent away support and even better some history of rivalry with the opposition. Aberdeen fans are notoriously quiet and reserved at home games and I'm not convinced standing at a tie against Dumbarton is going to change that.

What a heap of nonsense.

It's about trying to improve the atmosphere every week, not saying "well actually it's only Dumbarton, what's the point?"

It's attitudes likes yours which is why the atmosphere is so shite.

Anyway, 3-0. Anderson, McGinn and McGeouch

• Upvote 1

What a heap of nonsense.

It's about trying to improve the atmosphere every week, not saying "well actually it's only Dumbarton, what's the point?"

It's attitudes likes yours which is why the atmosphere is so shite.

Anyway, 3-0. Anderson, McGinn and McGeouch

I'm not knocking the idea, just suggesting they could have picked a better game to help get it off the ground. Anyway, wishing you and your loved ones a happy New Year!

I like the idea and everything but I'm kind of surprised this has been allowed to happen. Like Celtic spent a load of money converting a section of their stadium to standing but turns out you don't need to. You just just leave the seats and tell everyone to stand anyway. Or did we get some kind of special dispensation to do this as a one off from...someone. The police or the SFA or something?

I like the idea and everything but I'm kind of surprised this has been allowed to happen. Like Celtic spent a load of money converting a section of their stadium to standing but turns out you don't need to. You just just leave the seats and tell everyone to stand anyway. Or did we get some kind of special dispensation to do this as a one off from...someone. The police or the SFA or something?

Do Standing Sections not need additional room though? legally that is. 

Isn’t it just that the stewards have been told not to tell people to sit down?

Dumbarton youngsters were documented as creating an atmosphere at their home games.

The Aberdeen fans wanted the singing section to be in the Merkland Stand.

This is just a trial and it makes absolute sense to trial in this game and potentially boost sales for the game.

Dumbarton youngsters were documented as creating an atmosphere at their home games.

The Aberdeen fans wanted the singing section to be in the Merkland Stand.

This is just a trial and it makes absolute sense to trial in this game and potentially boost sales for the game.

Had a singing section in the Merkland a couple of seasons ago didn't they? Right beside the families. Don't recall it being a roaring success.

Had a singing section in the Merkland a couple of seasons ago didn't they? Right beside the families. Don't recall it being a roaring success.

They did aye, but wasn't there a load of limitation put on them what they could sing, because it was in the family stand.

Aren't the limitations lifted and the offer to allow family stand members who want to move to any other stand for this game

Totally different. They were pushed into a corner section, surrounded by overbearing stewards, and it was total shite.

This time they're selling the centre sections first and promising the stewarding will be far more relaxed.

Davie boy decided after a few sweet sherries it was happening. He doesn’t give a fuck about the SFA or the old bill

The whole Paddock Singing Section thing for this one is a feeble attempt to put an extra 500 on the crowd.

Season tickets not valid, playing terrible football, majority of regulars against the manager, its Dumbarton = nae cunt interested = think up a gimmick.

Anyhoo....IN.

Main Stand.

2-0.

Att: 8546.

You knocking anything the club does is a very tiresome act.

I am a bit wary of this. All for singing, atmosphere firing abuse at the opposition but if it’s an “official section” will the club not be nailed as soon as the first offensive song gets fired.

Do Celtic not get fined all the time for the Green Bridade or whatever pish it is?

Yeh, we don't none of that atmosphere type thing at games because it may run the risk of us getting fined  :hypno:

I’m all for trying to improve the game experience but (flak incoming) me and my kids have season tickets in the middle sections of the Merkland, so I can’t buy my seats for the game as it stands. Having young kids and knowing where we will sit week in, week out is important, and it’s not like I can go and buy like for like tickets elsewhere as there aren’t many blocks of seats available at the moment as they are all reserved for season ticket holders to buy, then I’m in the same boat as everyone else scrambling around for tickets. Now, I thought that families were important to the club, the support of the future and all that, but I’m seriously pissed off with this being pushed into the Merkland Family Stand, I likely won’t bother going now and I wonder how many others in our position may do likewise, what will that do to the crowd and atmosphere, simply move some fans while alienating others.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 4