Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Out Of Contract

2 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Id expect him to get there or thereabouts with us so as you say no point financially moving to league 1 down south. Stay with us for more or less the same cash, play some europa qualifiers, and Clarke has shown, hed have more chance getting a Scotland cap impressing for us. 

Yeah I'd think he has rejected our offer to try get a few more quid from us, I expect him to stay though. 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

I cant see anyone in Scotland being either willing or able to cough up the  full training fee we would be due if he left under freedom of contract. Cormack is a decent guy though...maybe he would negotiate a bit on it. 

As regards England......he isn't EPL standard. Maybe lower end Championship level but I honestly think he'd at best end up in EFL1. Would they pay any more than what he's been offered with us though? Sure Sunderland, Portsmouth, Peterborough, Ipswich and Doncaster could certainly do so......but would they?

As MT said...Wright is nearly 23. His only real run in the side has come this season. And he's had reconstructive knee surgery. So he's not a massively attractive proposition. I suspect on balance he will get a gig somewhere. But I've always said that by the time he's 25/26 I fully expect him to be plying his trade somewhere like St Johnstone. We will be the pinnacle of his career.

For all his injury problems, Frank Ross has picked up a contract and is playing for Go Ahead Eagles in the Dutch league.

there will be options for Wright if he doesn't extend with us

2 hours ago, Durrant Dived said:

League 1 has a cap of 2.5k per week. Surely we would be offering him around that, so I can't see him gaining financially unless he goes to Championship, which he is not good enough for IMO.

We better not be offering him £2.5k a week just because he's played well in 10-15 games the entire time he's been here

1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Anyone that thinks a lower league English club wouldn’t sign Wirght for relative pennies when you consider some of the shite that has gone south (some even for fees) is a dipshit ?

There will be clubs worldwide that fold due to the financial effects of the covid crisis. So there will be a surfeit of players on the market looking for new clubs. I think he will get himself fixed up somewhere but I don't think he's going to have a great choice in where he eventually ends up. And not for what he and his agent likely think he's worth. 

If I was McInnes I'd give him until January 16th to sign the deal we offered otherwise we take it off the table and we look to sign up his replacement on a pre-contract for next season

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Thats better

So you apologising for the Billy gilmour comparison?

Why would I? If you are unable to understand the concept of ‘relative speaking’ then that’s your dumb fuckary.

i didn’t say anything about 16- 22 year olds, just young Scottish talent & lesser clubs easily ‘risking’ small change on likes of Wright 

On 12/18/2020 at 1:13 PM, Ten Caat said:

There will be clubs worldwide that fold due to the financial effects of the covid crisis. So there will be a surfeit of players on the market looking for new clubs. I think he will get himself fixed up somewhere but I don't think he's going to have a great choice in where he eventually ends up. And not for what he and his agent likely think he's worth. 

If I was McInnes I'd give him until January 16th to sign the deal we offered otherwise we take it off the table and we look to sign up his replacement on a pre-contract for next season

Fuck January the 16th. If its not signed by midnight on hogmany we pull the plug. 16 days our potential replacement could have signed for someone else by then. 

On 12/18/2020 at 6:36 PM, Millertime said:

Lol

Shut it, we are done 

If Billy Gilmor can become such a star/prospect for the likes of Chelsea it’s not going to be seen as a massive financial risk for a lower league club to take a gamble on Wright (relatively speaking of course) 

What exactly is your point? I never compared them as same age. 
I compared them as young players going to England & potentially being worth the relatively small outlays that it would take.

you are such a mongtard 

2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

I'm not helping you any more

You're cut off

That’s cos you’re a fkn mongtard & cannot grasp that you read shite into shit that isn’t  there. 

You really are a delusional fuckwit that lives in the dream world your mammy always had you believe you lived in.

Run MT run

January 2021

Greg Leigh

Ryan Edmondson - on loan from Leeds United

Marley Watkins - on loan from Bristol City

Gary Woods - on loan from Oldham Athletic

May 2021

Tomas Cerny

Shay Logan*

Michael Devlin

Ash Taylor

Tommie Hoban

Connor McLennan

Ethan Ross - on loan at Raith

Scott Wright

Miko Virtanen - on loan to Arbroath

Curtis Main

Niall McGinn

Bruce Anderson - on loan at Ayr

May 2022

Andrew Considine

Funso Ojo

Ryan Hedges

Dylan McGeouch

Jonny Hayes

Sam Cosgrove

May 2023

Dean Campbell

Matty Kennedy

May 2024

Joe Lewis

Ronald Hernandez

Ross McCrorie***

Lewis Ferguson

* Club hold one year option

*** On loan until May 2021

2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

May 2021

Tomas Cerny

Shay Logan*

Michael Devlin

Ash Taylor

Tommie Hoban

Connor McLennan

Ethan Ross - on loan at Raith

Scott Wright

Miko Virtanen - on loan to Arbroath

Curtis Main

Niall McGinn

Bruce Anderson - on loan at Ayr

Keep Hoban, McLennan and Wright, I don't know enough about Virtanen or Ross to know if they are worth keeping however the rest can leave with a thanks and good luck in the future.

44 minutes ago, Tyzo_1903 said:

I see we are opening talks with extending Greg Leigh's contract until the end of the season.

Hes a bit meh for me tbh, hes nae quite shite but he doesn't seem to be that great either. Doubt he'll ever be in the first eleven barring injuries/suspensions.

He was before he got injured last season

I concede that we have changed our preferred formation from 4-4-2 to 3-5-1-1 which you would think means that his chances of starting are limited. BUT...he's a genuine left back and if he were let go we wouldn't  have one (yet again). And he can fill in at CH and left midfield/wing back. And won't be busting any budgets. If there's one going in the summer that's demonstrably better and falls within our budget then of course I'd be happy to see him released then

Finally....when recently have we not had any injuries/suspensions? (of course I include Leigh in this)

Totally agree KSL 

surely will be the best way forward to get in some serious cash by buying up all the young Scottish talent and selling them on in 2-3 years.can be sold to all the youngsters as they know they won’t get games if they were to sign for Celtic or the rangers!,they couldn’t buy up the youngsters as to there fans it would be seen as regressing. Should have been doing this for years getting a reputation on a club that gives youngsters a chance.

regarding the young boy Ngwenya, was quite impressed by him, the snippet we seen of him anyway,looks confident, good mover ,good tackler and daily mobile 

wonder if he can play on the right side as we have to much on the left for him to get a chance 

19 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I wouldn't renew Greg Leigh if we are tight for money. I've not been impressed with him much and certainly not since he broke his leg

As King Street Loon said, give the young lad Ngwenya a chance. 
We’ll never know if he has “it” until he gets the opportunity. 

Leigh is another injury prone player we need to offload. 
Devlin the other obvious one. 

In the 14 months Leigh has been at Aberdeen he's been injured more often than fit. 

Out for a lengthy spell last time he was here. 

Out again this time. 

As well as arriving injured for his second spell. 

It's a waste of a wage.  I'm with KSL as well.  If the young loon has talent we're better off having him on the bench with a path to the first team rather than being blocked by the likes of Leigh 

If the young loon is better then I want him in the team or on the bench ahead of Leigh. 

If he isn't...then I don't. 

If we aren't keeping Leigh on long term after the summer (and despite the experts on here saying he's shite...I think there's a good chance we will) then I'd hope we are keeping a watch on the St Mirren left back Erhahon

19 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

If the young loon is better then I want him in the team or on the bench ahead of Leigh. 

If he isn't...then I don't. 

If we aren't keeping Leigh on long term after the summer (and despite the experts on here saying he's shite...I think there's a good chance we will) then I'd hope we are keeping a watch on the St Mirren left back Erhahon

He’s not a left back (Erahon)

Hes a central midfielder who only fills in there when needed. He’s been centre mid this season & that’s his best & preferred position. 

• 3 weeks later...