Spent 90 mins thinking we look very good ... yet end up no happy.

Gallachers, Hedges n Logan in that order three top performers for me. Ano Logan could cleared the ball for goal but for a change we were playing actual football as we did most the game. Some the best flowing football I’ve seen from us in ages.

Nervous for next week now but surely based on that should skelp them again over there if nothing silly happens.

A very rusty performance.

Dominated, but failed to kill off a really pish team and paid the price for a moment of sloppiness.

I've no doubt we'll win over there, but we've made it slightly harder for ourselves than it should be.

Should be heading over there and feasting on reindeer meat and smoking cuban cigars safe in the knowledge we've a 4 or 5 goal cushion. Instead, because Cosgrove couldn't score in a brothel, we're probably going over to be more cautious than intended. It's actually a dangerous tie now, as i doubt Bryson will be available and i thought we were very light in midfield tonight.

Ferguson didn't have his best game imo. And i actually thought we became a bit more negative when Campbell came on.

Hedges and Gallagher looked decent, whilst McGinn looked like the McGinn of old.

Wright was the worst of the lot today. No progression from him at all.

Anyway, we won despite not being match fit or sharp. Hopefully we'll be better next week and make it more comfortable than it is now.

criminal loss of that late goal.

match should have been long over by then, confident we'll get through in the second leg fairly comfortably.

Gallacher obviously the pick of the new lads. but over all there was decent signs of good movement up front and we certainly created plenty chances.

That last gasp stupidity is a perfect example of why we won't qualify for the group stages. Our defence is nowhere near good enough for European level. Also Cosgrove up top isn't the answer if we want to progress in Europe,  a half decent striker would have had a hat-trick tonight.

Thought Gallagher, McGinn and Hedges were the pick of our players.  Could do with Leigh and Bryson being fit for next week.

I just hope it doesn't turn into another Limassol where people were thinking 2-1 would be enough after the home leg.

We will definitely have to score in Finland to progress as i just dont trust us to keep a clean sheet.

That last gasp stupidity is a perfect example of why we won't qualify for the group stages. Our defence is nowhere near good enough for European level. Also Cosgrove up top isn't the answer if we want to progress in Europe, a half decent striker would have had a hat-trick tonight.

Thought Gallagher, McGinn and Hedges were the pick of our players. Could do with Leigh and Bryson being fit for next week.

I just hope it doesn't turn into another Limassol where people were thinking 2-1 would be enough after the home leg.

We will definitely have to score in Finland to progress as i just dont trust us to keep a clean sheet.

Them lot are no where near as good as Limassol. They are near enough the worst team we've played in the qualifiers. Absolutely hopeless yet we somehow conceded.

That last gasp stupidity is a perfect example of why we won't qualify for the group stages. Our defence is nowhere near good enough for European level. Also Cosgrove up top isn't the answer if we want to progress in Europe, a half decent striker would have had a hat-trick tonight.

Thought Gallagher, McGinn and Hedges were the pick of our players. Could do with Leigh and Bryson being fit for next week.

Agree with your first couple of paragraphs. I said as much on my way to the car at full time.

Interested in the thinking not replacing Cosgrove for Main. Others run out of legs first I suppose.

Probably because he was nowhere near as bad as is being made out. He won every duel, even ones his opponent was favourite for, barely gave the ball away and constantly brought others into play. A couple of misses and needs to sharpen up his finishing yes but no disgrace 1st game of the season. It was almost the complete CF performance, he absolutely rag-dolled them; folk criticising are only looking at the finishing; understandable but he created a lot himself.

Devlin not good enough for the goal conceded and I’m certain defensively we’re poorer with him in the team. Conceded too many last season and there’s another sloppy one. Can’t blame sharpness or fitness, it was poor decision making. Logan didn’t cover himself in glory there either.

On decision making; Scott Wright gave the ball away time after time. I don’t think he has it in him to handle the pressure of playing for us.

Gallagher deservedly MoM but a few naive moments he won’t get away with in the league. A great outlet though.

Hedges is class. Nuff said.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1

Three at the back , to allow Logan and Leigh to supplement the shortage of midfielders. Gallagher in the number 10 role and I’m predicting now that he’ll make an immediate positive impact. Toss up between Wilson and McGinn to start wide right , but I think McInnes’ll fancy the option of bringing McGinn off the bench.

Lewis

Taylor McKenna Considine

Logan Ferguson. Leigh

Wilson Gallagher Hedges

Main

Well,at least my prediction about Gallagher was right.

He’s the new Jonny Hayes.

Hedges was more like GMS.. Fast , skilful , quick feet ..........and lots of fancy flicks and tricks when a simple pass or even a shot on goal would have been the better option.

Gallagher... ace...possibly better than Hayes....rapid as fuck. Hope we can keep him beyond November.

Hedges...decent butvI am nonplussed.

Wilson, the little we saw of him, he looked decent.

Rest of team get pass Mark's and little more with the exception of Deanonwhl looked very composed when he came on. Certainly composure well beyond his years.

Also though Mclennen terrified them and would have liked to see him o a bit sooner.

McGinn did brilliantly for the 1st goal, but thought that he drifted in and out of the game.

The goal at the end was a sickener, but they were outclassed. Their keeper had 3 word class saves, 2 top drawer saves and even the save feo Cosgrove's shot around the last 10 minutes was decent, butvwas fired at him in fairness.

No real worry about going through, butvwe need to get sharper.

Wright wants to take too much players on, not so much as a team player, wants play too muchwhen its easier and better toay another player in or linking the play.

Only problem with this is he's a lose cannon and attacks play will fail of his selfish play.

Seen this last year unless the Mnger wants him to play this way.

Players blatantly not match sharp yet and we outplayed them. Logan was obviously fucked when he tried to clear that, he’d have ran it out of defence earlier in the game. That goal was a harsh reminder for the team to concentrate the full match. Thought everyone played pretty well considering we get such a short preseason now. My only moan about Cosgrove is we should’ve subbed him maybe at half time after he was booked, he played well and actually had some decent touches but he couldn’t get stuck in as much,,pretty sure Main would’ve battered that defence to fuck

Wright wants to take too much players on, not so much as a team player, wants play too muchwhen its easier and better toay another player in or linking the play.

Only problem with this is he's a lose cannon and attacks play will fail of his selfish play.

Seen this last year unless the Mnger wants him to play this way.

and again in English?

Players blatantly not match sharp yet and we outplayed them. Logan was obviously fucked when he tried to clear that, he’d have ran it out of defence earlier in the game. That goal was a harsh reminder for the team to concentrate the full match. Thought everyone played pretty well considering we get such a short preseason now. My only moan about Cosgrove is we should’ve subbed him maybe at half time after he was booked, he played well and actually had some decent touches but he couldn’t get stuck in as much,,pretty sure Main would’ve battered that defence to fuck

Logan just tried to clear the ball , wasnt his fault it led to a goal

• Upvote 1

Can’t agree with that. It was a misplaced pass. And to be fair to them there was still a lot to do for them to score. But the simple fact is that if Shay had cleared it they wouldn’t have scored.

Can’t agree with that. It was a misplaced pass. And to be fair to them there was still a lot to do for them to score. But the simple fact is that if Shay had cleared it they wouldn’t have scored.

Yeah, I wasn’t playing the blame game as everyone switched off, but if Logan and the rest of the defence too was back to full fitness and match sharp after a decent preseason the goal wouldn’t have happened,