Out Of Contract

It does look like the club have taken heid of the fans frustrations at letting our players run down their contracts (McGinn, Jack, GMS, Shinnie) given Cosgrove, Ferguson, McKenna and Lewis are now all on long deals. You'd probably say they are our only marketable players

Ross will possibly get a year if he is prepared to sign as a youth player. Otherwise no room for sentiment.

Hard to see how McInnes would renew Halford or Roscoe having never really used them to date.

Personally I'd like to see us renew Cerny and move Rogers on but the most obvious guess would be that he'll do the opposite.

:itch-chin:  :cool:

It does look like the club have taken heid of the fans frustrations at letting our players run down their contracts (McGinn, Jack, GMS, Shinnie) given Cosgrove, Ferguson, McKenna and Lewis are now all on long deals. You'd probably say they are our only marketable players

Devlin also has potential if he can get back in side & stay injury free.

McLennan is def one for improving/future also.

Just need a few more long termers in that earn their wage/contract after signing them & we're in a really good solid place.

Some decent young players in the mix to learn from some good experienced players.

Devlin also has potential if he can get back in side & stay injury free.

McLennan is def one for improving/future also.

Just need a few more long termers in that earn their wage/contract after signing them & we're in a really good solid place.

Some decent young players in the mix to learn from some good experienced players.

Devlin of July- November 2018 was imo (in my opinion) a better prospect than McKenna. If we can get him back to that level over the summer and keep McKenna (as I predict we will) thats a solid keeper/centre back combo that it wont even matter who the full backs are

It does look like the club have taken heid of the fans frustrations at letting our players run down their contracts (McGinn, Jack, GMS, Shinnie) given Cosgrove, Ferguson, McKenna and Lewis are now all on long deals. You'd probably say they are our only marketable players[/quote

Not sure the club can be blamed for letting players run down their contracts. The players chose not to sign new ones. Credit where credit is due. Getting Lewis on a 5 year deal is a fantastic piece of business. Wonder if we will see a couple of pre contract announcements before the season is up.

It does look like the club have taken heid of the fans frustrations at letting our players run down their contracts (McGinn, Jack, GMS, Shinnie) given Cosgrove, Ferguson, McKenna and Lewis are now all on long deals. You'd probably say they are our only marketable players[/quote

Not sure the club can be blamed for letting players run down their contracts. The players chose not to sign new ones. Credit where credit is due. Getting Lewis on a 5 year deal is a fantastic piece of business. Wonder if we will see a couple of pre contract announcements before the season is up.

If you ask McInnes he will say there has been some if not all of these incidents where he has chosen to hold on to the players rather than trying to actively flog them

Aye, that's it exactly

The club have decided to get our best players on long contracts to stop people on here moaning

I don't know why I come on here anymore, place is full of utter reprobates

Ok to put it another way we are laying the foundations to actually get a decent fee or two for a player.

Sam Cosgrove to 2022 was an extremely hasty piece of business that looks worse and worse by the week.

duno like I'd reckon we can get him off to England for £750k upwards. Nae bad from a £20k punt

Young tall, English striker who's scored 20 in the top league in Scotland. Just hope they don't scout him in the games he doesn't score in. Although tbf he's just given long balls to work with anyone would struggle with.

He's extremely unaesthetically pleasing, however I do feel that with his size and physical presence, he's always offered something to the team... even in his darkest moments.

In addition, it's not as though he's missing heaps of chances right now either?  We don't create many chances as a team.  If McInnes changes things over summer and we become a bit more creative, or forward thinking, Cosgrove might well fill his boots...

This summer will be interesting anyway... he's a young English striker, who's scored a lot of goals in our top flight.  We will be offered money from England, at some point this summer.  

June 2020

Danny Rogers

Shay Logan

Stephen Gleeson

Derek McInnes

Tony Docherty

June 2021

Andrew Considine

Michael Devlin

Scott Wright

Dean Campbell

Connor McLennan

Bruce Anderson

Niall McGinn

Stevie May

June 2022

Sam Cosgrove

June 2023

Scott McKenna

June 2024

Joe Lewis

Lewis Ferguson

Even if everyone on this summers list leaves, we are carrying much less dead weight than previously.  

I know some folk have issues with the contributions from Considine, Logan, McGinn and to a lesser extend Wright, who won't be earning much... but from the above list, there is only really Stevie May and Gleeson, who IMO offer absolutely nothing and need moved on as soon as possible.  They are both top earners, so it'd be huge if we could somehow get shot of them...

The money that's coming off our wage budget this summer (and over the last year) gives us tremendous scope to move forward.

...if spent wisely

See the classic Jimmy + 4/5 signings photae!!

Aye, that photo gets me every time!  Must be one of the most shameful, infamous picture in the history of our club (Thank god that cameras phones, or suchlike, were not around at the time of the Cappielow incident!)?

Even Mulgrew, who went on to have a decent career, was largely poor during his spell with us...

Whenever I feel depressed about last summers debacle, I just need to remind myself, that things could have been worse... much worse! 

caldosign.png

Aye, that photo gets me every time!  Must be one of the most shameful, infamous picture in the history of our club (Thank god that cameras phones, or suchlike, were not around at the time of the Cappielow incident!)?

Even Mulgrew, who went on to have a decent career, was largely poor during his spell with us...

Whenever I feel depressed about last summers debacle, I just need to remind myself, that things could have been worse... much worse! 

caldosign.png

Mulgrew probably comes out with very low pass marks. The rest can be erased from memory. Or just erased from life. 

caldosign.png

Even the shitey yellow seats in the background... you couldn't find a better picture to exemplify mediocrity.