Where Are They Now

Ally Begg done a blog with Alex Smith, pretty interesting read, some good comments from Smith about protecting Simmy in the aftermath of durrant diving and the way he was treated. Smith comes across great. I have to say on some days his team played some great football, lovely to watch.

"in Australia where he recently re-located to be closer to his adorable family"

Begg is such a patronizing cunt.

"in Australia where he recently re-located to be closer to his adorable family"

Begg is such a patronizing cunt.

I normally just read the comments from whoever he's interviewing to be honest. Not really interested in Begg life story.

Ally Begg done a blog with Alex Smith, pretty interesting read, some good comments from Smith about protecting Simmy in the aftermath of durrant diving and the way he was treated. Smith comes across great. I have to say on some days his team played some great football, lovely to watch.

Didn’t know that Paul Mason was a target for right back for Fergie at Man Utd, we got lucky with that one, he was fantastic.

Agreed with the Begg parts on his blogs, he loves to mention himself a bit too much lol

Didn’t know that Paul Mason was a target for right back for Fergie at Man Utd, we got lucky with that one, he was fantastic.

Agreed with the Begg parts on his blogs, he loves to mention himself a bit too much lol

I know, very interesting. Loved Paul Mason.

Part 2 will be interesting as Smith is going to deny he bottled it at Ibrox but I notice Scott Booth recently said we bottled it and he has never got over being dropped for the decider.

I know, very interesting. Loved Paul Mason.

Part 2 will be interesting as Smith is going to deny he bottled it at Ibrox but I notice Scott Booth recently said we bottled it and he has never got over being dropped for the decider.

Yeah the Scott Booth one he hinted at the change ruining the momentum, which we all knew really. Did think there was a hint of bitterness, although not too much, with Smith, where he wanted to point out that HE (MT™️) was the final decision maker and it was his decisions that won games, other than that a good read and he comes across quite well

Smith was crap once Scott left. It will be interesting to see if there was a tactical disagreement at the title decider.

Id say yes

Maybe covered in the first interview where he said if there was a dispute about tactics he would make the final decision.

Mind you I have read elsewhere before he refutes that we played 4-3-3 during the run in, says we regularly flipped between 4-4-2 and 4-3-3. Obviously Scott Booth doesn't agree but I am guessing that Smith will continue pursing the same line.

I am sure Begg said he has tried to get Jocky Scott for an interview so be interesting if he offers an insight.

• Upvote 1

Peter Van de Ven didn’t seem to agree either!

Damage was the previous week. Did Motherwell (?) not score in the last minute meaning a draw for us at the ghetto would suffice?

That and the vile cunt being given a free shot at Watt in the first 5 minutes.

Yeah, I could be wrong but thought Motherwell pumped rangers 3-0 with a late 3rd meaning as you say a draw was enough.

Think we would have won with Theo.

The real killer for us that season was losing 0-5 at St Johnstone fairly early on into the campaign. Famously it was the one where it was a disaster before the team bus left Aberdeen with Gillhaus turning up late (possibly with a "companion" in tow), McLeish supposedly telling Smith that if Gillhaus was picked to start then he wasn't playing himself and when Gillhaus was selected, conveniently "injuring" himself in the warm up. Robertson then picked up a very early booking and yet continued to fly into challenges and everyone could see a red card was inevitable yet Smith left him on and inevitably after 20 minutes IIRC he was on his way up the tunnel. Team went to pieces...I think at that point we were already 1-0 down and the rest of the match was just embarrassing. On the bus back up the road, Bett chinned Gillhaus if the stories are to be believed....

A 1-0 victory that day would have won us the league on goal difference

The real killer for us that season was losing 0-5 at St Johnstone fairly early on into the campaign. Famously it was the one where it was a disaster before the team bus left Aberdeen with Gillhaus turning up late (possibly with a "companion" in tow), McLeish supposedly telling Smith that if Gillhaus was picked to start then he wasn't playing himself and when Gillhaus was selected, conveniently "injuring" himself in the warm up. Robertson then picked up a very early booking and yet continued to fly into challenges and everyone could see a red card was inevitable yet Smith left him on and inevitably after 20 minutes IIRC he was on his way up the tunnel. Team went to pieces...I think at that point we were already 1-0 down and the rest of the match was just embarrassing. On the bus back up the road, Bett chinned Gillhaus if the stories are to be believed....

I see Hans denied it in an interview 5 years ago and actually said his best friend from that time was Alex McLeish.

Lots of strange results that season though, we also drew at home to St Johnstone, Motherwell and Dunfermline.

I mind that result coming through on the itv results programme and being stunned. Think it was the first result like that I had seen against us that was totally surprising. Positive it was fucking Elton Welsby that was reading the scores coming through - remember him!?

I see Hans denied it in an interview 5 years ago and actually said his best friend from that time was Alex McLeish.

Lots of strange results that season though, we also drew at home to St Johnstone, Motherwell and Dunfermline.

I remember reading that too. He also said had high praise for Bettt (admittedly from a footballing perspective), which would infer that there was little or no bad blood between them either.

There was definitely something happened that day, apparently Gilhaus is bi and married now to a woman? He definitely used to hang around town with some nice chaps. Think Willie Miller was the one who didn’t like him, he smashed him in a training session when he took over as manager “allegedly” and told him he was no use to Aberdeen if he couldn’t take a challenge. Aberdeen Journals reporters saw it and that was when they were almost decent papers........sort of believable

The Huns tried to sign Mason upob expiry of his initial contract with us i think.

Yes that 5-0 hiding at Perth was what cost us that season.

Funny that everyone seems to have heard the same rumour thats exactly what i heard.

In the book stand by your reds. Jocky Scott denies there was a dispute over team selection for the Ibrox decider.

Would love to finally get the truth behind THAT afternoon in Perth

The Huns tried to sign Mason upob expiry of his initial contract with us i think.

Yes that 5-0 hiding at Perth was what cost us that season.

Funny that everyone seems to have heard the same rumour thats exactly what i heard.

In the book stand by your reds. Jocky Scott denies there was a dispute over team selection for the Ibrox decider.

Would love to finally get the truth behind THAT afternoon in Perth

sounds-like-a-job-for-superman-.jpg

Smith interview with Begg was good. He said Scott left because he wanted to be head coach and Smith wasn't ready to hand over. A lot about injuries depriving us but still think the tactical reasons behind changing to 4-4-2 made little sense when you consider he had identified rangers were weak with pace...so we drop scotty booth?

There was talk of a succession plan but it all fell to bits when results when a bit wayward and everyone wanted Miller in when he wasn't ready. Always said it but Miller was great those first 2 years, just when he wanted to rip the team up to get 1st instead of 2nd that it all went to fuck. No wonder signing players like Woodthorpe.

Smith interview with Begg was good. He said Scott left because he wanted to be head coach and Smith wasn't ready to hand over. A lot about injuries depriving us but still think the tactical reasons behind changing to 4-4-2 made little sense when you consider he had identified rangers were weak with pace...so we drop scotty booth?

There was talk of a succession plan but it all fell to bits when results when a bit wayward and everyone wanted Miller in when he wasn't ready. Always said it but Miller was great those first 2 years, just when he wanted to rip the team up to get 1st instead of 2nd that it all went to fuck. No wonder signing players like Woodthorpe.

Yeah, the big reveal wasn’t really much of a reveal. Probably would’ve made sense to have Miller in as boss with Smith still around to consult. Miller did well with the players there that he obviously knew, but when it came to getting in new blood it fell apart for him.