Restaurants In Aberdeen

Ke1t

• 2 weeks later...

Phoned Saigon for an order but they only did collection. Couldn't be arsed going for it.

phoned AJ's pizza on Dod street. That everyone raves about.

my word. Absolute dogshit. If that's the gold standard in Aberdeen then good news the industry is fucked.

please avoid eating there. 

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Poodler said:

Phoned Saigon for an order but they only did collection. Couldn't be arsed going for it.

phoned AJ's pizza on Dod street. That everyone raves about.

my word. Absolute dogshit. If that's the gold standard in Aberdeen then good news the industry is fucked.

please avoid eating there. 

Seen a photo of my mates takeaway fae there last night, looked greasy as fuck. 

5 minutes ago, cheesepipes said:

Seems to be the cunts restaurant of choice. 

No offence to you good Tord. 

Just has that horrible Aberdonian mystique that everyone has to flaunt the fact they're going there. 

And thats all it takes for me to scratch it off my list, im a petty cunt like that. 

I hear an arsehole over exaggerate a place i know its not for me, theres a Bucksburn female living high on her husbands O&G paypacket who has said in my company she'll never eat a Steak from anywhere but Miller & Carter in some culinary stance. 

Yet i know for an absolute fact she has fish fingers, turkey dinosaurs and waffles for supper with her kids thru the week. 

Eaten there once cos i got a gift card when i left my work. Was fine but dont feel the need to rush back. It is expensive so not the best value for money tbh. 

6 minutes ago, Redforever86 said:

Nae chance I’m ever going to miller and Carter, I’ll cook yi a fucking better steak.

I went to the one in Edinburgh and it was frozen fucking chinky chips. At the price they charge you'd expect the cunts to peel a tattie. They had those nippy fucking salt grinder things as well. My pint was louping as well, smelt like old socks. Shite. 

I assume restaurants are the same as bars re boozing inside? So if you’re wanting a beer your only choices are the Dutch Mill, Chester, Malmaison, Soul, Cafe Amorone and assume some of those places in the Galleria have tables outside. Probably more but off the top of my head. Would assume the Galleria would be the cheapest. If you look online you sometimes get 2 for 1 codes and stuff.

6 minutes ago, Fridge said:

I assume restaurants are the same as bars re boozing inside? So if you’re wanting a beer your only choices are the Dutch Mill, Chester, Malmaison, Soul, Cafe Amorone and assume some of those places in the Galleria have tables outside. Probably more but off the top of my head. Would assume the Galleria would be the cheapest. If you look online you sometimes get 2 for 1 codes and stuff.

Number 10 have an outside area set up. 

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, cheesepipes said:

Seems to be the cunts restaurant of choice. 

No offence to you good Tord. 

Just has that horrible Aberdonian mystique that everyone has to flaunt the fact they're going there. 

And thats all it takes for me to scratch it off my list, im a petty cunt like that. 

I hear an arsehole over exaggerate a place i know its not for me, theres a Bucksburn female living high on her husbands O&G paypacket who has said in my company she'll never eat a Steak from anywhere but Miller & Carter in some culinary stance. 

Yet i know for an absolute fact she has fish fingers, turkey dinosaurs and waffles for supper with her kids thru the week. 

We've been once to Miller and Carter on the lunch deal. I don't think once in however many years will be enough for cunt status on that criteria alone.

Still no good suggestions so far? Lots of places offering 25% or 50% off on other days of the week but not Friday.

3 minutes ago, rocket_scientist said:

The chain at the Cocket Hat is very good. Been 3 or 4 times. Good quality food and cheap as chips.

I rarely order steak out so can't recommend anywhere for that. 

Yeah I was going to suggest some of these places, Shepherd’s Rest on Westhill, Wellington and Cove Bay Hotel, Ghillie’s Lair (if it’s still there or. Called that beside goals.

They’re nae exactly Michelin star, but if you’re just wanting  a burger and chips or a steak pie they’ll do the job.

Fuck are you looking for like? I was telling you the places you can eat outside so you can get a pint?

Then  you were wanting cheap places so I gave you cheap options, what is your criteria?

And if you are an expert in all these places what are you needing fucking recommendations for anyway!

• Upvote 1

Yeah japan have not had any "lockdown" as such. 

Workers have been told to work from home where possible, face masks worn, importance of social distancing highlighted and borders have been strictly closed. Clusters of cases rapidly identified and work done to trace contacts and break the chain of transmission. 

They've suffered economically, as almost everywhere has, but not as badly as western countries and their death count (despite having the oldest population in the world) has been very low (less than 1700). They're a lesson in how we should've approached this. A belief in Western exceptionalism made this impossible though.