Sam Cosgrove

Indeed. Whoever is working with him in training needs praise. Developing more of a football brain it appears.

I thought he looked a decent player after the split last season but I never thought he'd be a goalscorer. Thought he was struggling start of this season and was about ready to right him off but it was clearly just the system we were playing that didn't suit him.

I thought he looked a decent player after the split last season but I never thought he'd be a goalscorer. Thought he was struggling start of this season and was about ready to right him off but it was clearly just the system we were playing that didn't suit him.

I'm delighted with how it's working out at the moment as i was one of those fans who had written him off and was quite vocal about it.

Great that he is shoving my criticism straight back down my throat and long may it continue.

I'm delighted with how it's working out at the moment as i was one of those fans who had written him off and was quite vocal about it.

Great that he is shoving my criticism straight back down my throat and long may it continue.

I didn't think he was a lost cause... he had something, the ability to unsettle defenders and cause a bit of chaos in the penalty box.  I was happy to keep him, but using sparingly, because he could be useful in certain circumstances.  However, I certainly didn't predict this transformation.

As i said in another thready, if he continues at this rate, and ends up with 20-odd goals by the end of May, he won't be at Aberdeen next season.  Young English strikers, who can score goals, are like goal dust in the English leagues.  See Jayden Stockley for example.

You should have listened to me pal  :thumbup1:

I think that's the real reason @@Roberto has taken a sabbatical. He'd have to admit I was right about Cosgrove.

I didn't think he was a lost cause... he had something, the ability to unsettle defenders and cause a bit of chaos in the penalty box.  I was happy to keep him, but using sparingly, because he could be useful in certain circumstances.  However, I certainly didn't predict this transformation.

As i said in another thready, if he continues at this rate, and ends up with 20-odd goals by the end of May, he won't be at Aberdeen next season.  Young English strikers, who can score goals, are like goal dust in the English leagues.  See Jayden Stockley for example.

Could not agree more..... If W Grigg who was prolific at League One, but a non-scorer in Championship gets 4m transfer including add-ons and Doncaster (our target Marquis) turned down 2m from the same Sunderland side; what does that mean for Cosgrove? It should be noted that Cosgrove is a few years younger than the aforementioned, however they have consistently scored in the lower leagues.  Heck, J Maja a 20 year old with one good season at League One had a 3.5+m transfer to Bordeaux. Maybe Bordeaux overpaying has created this domino effect as well as Sunderland is not your normal League 1 side but that is the current market.

every corner we get, we should be looking to the big man. the height advantage we have against some teams is there for all to see.

no excuse for those corners that don't even beat the first man.

Our set piece takers are pretty shite and have been for a while.  We'd do well to invest in someone who can hit a good dead ball.

Anyone who can’t put a ball between the pen spot and the 6 yard box from a corner, has no right calling themselves a professional. Fucking pathetic. I couldn’t imagine how infuriating it must be for a centre half running 70 yards to see the ball scraped in at knee height to no-one.

• Upvote 4

BHH?

It's amazing the height and strength we have in our side, and yet we threaten so little at corners.

How do teams manage to win most of their headers and clearances when DEFENDING a cross, yet are absolutely shite when ATTACKING a cross? 

Most of our crosses are shite and don't get past the first man

Do his penalties count? I remember some on here trying to claim they didn’t for Rooney.

I had also written him off before, glad to be proved wrong on this occasion. A good find who looks like he’s getting better with every game.

The first part is made up. The argument was that he was doing fuck all for the game apart from scoring a penalty which is fair enough.

• Downvote 3

I didn't think he was a lost cause... he had something, the ability to unsettle defenders and cause a bit of chaos in the penalty box. I was happy to keep him, but using sparingly, because he could be useful in certain circumstances. However, I certainly didn't predict this transformation.

As i said in another thready, if he continues at this rate, and ends up with 20-odd goals by the end of May, he won't be at Aberdeen next season. Young English strikers, who can score goals, are like goal dust in the English leagues. See Jayden Stockley for example.

@@boboisared and I called it long before anyone else. Boy was always a player.