Craig Storie....

Maddison, Ward, Hector and Burns have provided the basis of the level required from a youth player in order to get a start in our first team. Smith and Storie are light years behind. If they were good enough then McInnes would play them.

Why did you reply to that?

You must be touchy, I'd say that's an admission that you don't have a clue what you are on about.

As you were

Completely agree , I have never once seen Cammy smith play for he first team and thought aye he deserves a chance. Over rated from a young age

horsepish. How he's progressed since turning pro is irrelevant but the fact is he was highly rated at a young age because he was a tremendous prospect and stood out like a blin' cobblers thumb.

That's a couple of the folk that don't go to games getting it wrong.

I'm shocked

Wrong on Storie?

He has never looked good enough on the ball and has never 'bossed' any game he has played.

Folk went overboard on a young player getting stuck in vs Celtic which Aberdeen lacked a bit but in that game he looked average at best on the ball and ran about like a headless chicken for first half hour leaving midfield exposed.

People seem to have a very strange memory of that Celtic game. Storie was all over the place in the first half, not in a good way. Armstrong was coming in off the left and finding the space where Storie was supposed to be all of the first half.

Then we go in two up at half time and the incompetent Norwegian took Armstrong off for Kazim-Richards and the game opened up a bit and the whole team played better.

The best thing Storie did in his time in the team was an absolutely class run and assist for Rooney (I think) up at ICT in 'that' game. So he has ability, but he's never bossed anything.

He's basically like Willo Flood but he can tackle. Hopefully he'll improve and end up better than him.

I don't think any of us have seen enough of the lad on the pitch to make any sort of reasoned judgment on his strengths and weaknesses other than what we've seen in a handful of appearances which are;

Showing promise against Celtic and up at County last season but both were very good team performances. Did he stand out as an individual ? Not for me. Think a few got carried away about the Celtic game in where we are grasping at having "one of our own" young lads stand up to one of our most hated figures in Scott Brown and with the team coming away with a great win a lot of focus was on a great performance by the lad, which was wrong. He played played well, decent and contributed to the result, nothing more.

If he was doing the business in training and 20S games I'm sure he would be pushing for a starting place, he's obviously not.

Would love to see him come in, dominate and be a fixture in the first team for years, I just cant see it at the moment.

I have. Watched him plenty of times in the development league and would firmly agree with Dynamo and KSL. There's a reason he doesn't regularly feature.

I would prefer to see our young players get game time in the championship / lower level SPFL team before really attempting to make the step up from U20's. It's pretty rare that a player is instantly ready to make such a big leap.

Every year we hear that we have good prospects at the club, usually that's followed by a raft of departures to lower division teams a year down the line.

We need to get better at getting our younger players meaningful game time to help their development, as it's pretty obvious that they won't be getting it in the first team here.

I'm another that does not get the love in for Storie. He got a small run of games last season and most of the time looked like a frightened rabbit. He looked well off the pace to me. I'd rather have Kenny in even if his is slightly below top form.

As for Smith. I doubt he will be back.

Scott Wright has though.

He has undoubtedly shown flashes of brilliance for the 20's. Very inconsistent though.

I would prefer to see our young players get game time in the championship / lower level SPFL team before really attempting to make the step up from U20's. It's pretty rare that a player is instantly ready to make such a big leap.

Every year we hear that we have good prospects at the club, usually that's followed by a raft of departures to lower division teams a year down the line.

We need to get better at getting our younger players meaningful game time to help their development, as it's pretty obvious that they won't be getting it in the first team here.

I'm hearing proper reserve team football is back on the agenda, hopefully as soon as next season.

horsepish. How he's progressed since turning pro is irrelevant but the fact is he was highly rated at a young age because he was a tremendous prospect and stood out like a blin' cobblers thumb.

How he has progressed is irrelevant ? Not really . What has he done since coming though ? So many players dominate at youth level then become nothing . So it is relevant .

Why did you reply to that?

You must be touchy, I'd say that's an admission that you don't have a clue what you are on about.

As you were

I genuinely wasn't offended by your remark. I had just hoped to create a discussion as to why you hold a strong accord for Storie? Kind of surprised you took my comment in that manner - wasn't intended.

• 2 months later...
  • Site Sponsor

Shes got the look of someone who dreams of a bit of daily record exposure. The years have rumbled on though and chances are increasingly rare - so theres lucky upstart craig storie who becomes the pawn in her game of fame hunting. Cue thrusting her sagging arse in his face before accusing him of assault and suggesting hes got a tiny member.

That's about the size of it (pun intended)