Ryan Christie

It will help us in our quest to be the first loser this season.

Bear in mind that this might be the last time we can realistically be the first loser.

Once rangers get their shit together well have to be content competing to be the second loser.

That will be sevco you are talking about....but sadly true.

Crumbs from the old scum table..

As i said, fuck that.

Diamond with our existing middle 3 with Hayes and Rooney up front?

Then at two up we take off Considine, stick on McGinn and blow the division (apart from Celtic) away!

Disagree re Maddison. He was 19, supremely gifted and raw as fuck. Christie at 21 plus with a lot of first team starts on his cv is the more complete player just now. But not better in terms of overall potential, no.

_49250940_diamond_celebrates.jpg

Looks like a direct replacement for Maddison to me- good to see McInnes not hanging round until the last minute to fund out if Norwich would let him go or not.

Disappointing to see us helping Celtic develop their players unless there's an option to sign him permanently- in which case wages would probably be an issue anyway

I am overall pleased with this signing. Definitely a good player, no doubt about that but its the long term I'm more concerned with.

Say he does well with us, he goes back to Celtic with more experience, if he has a shocker with us, he'll end up back at caley or Killmarnock or the likes.

IMO (In my opinion) he will be a step up from Maddison. To start with he was a breath of fresh air, seemed quite a team player with skill. Scored that freekick but towards the end, I thought he was becomming selfish. Maybe the goal against huns got to his head, maybe the rest of the players weren't up to his standard I don't know but he seemed to lose the ball more often than not.

I find his tweet quite funny, just shows things you do as a boy can catch up with you!

• Upvote 3

If he's going to be a first pick for every game from February 4th then which position is his?

Interesting times especially if we get May and hold on to Hayes.

How would you organise McGinn, Hayes, Rooney, McLean, May and Christie if we had all of them once the window shuts?

Certainly no space for Storey and Stockley

I'm not the dude on Ab mad, but I'm considering not renewing.

We've got the best squad and manager I can recall yet we don't stand a fucking chance.

The league needs to ripped up and reconstructed completely. Wage caps, redistribution of funds. Otherwise what is the fucking point.

On your first two points, what's changed in over 20 years? Nothing is the answer. Weve not stood a chance in the league for over two decades but you've still gone year in year out, it's cause you support your team not cause you think we'll win the league. Anyone who thought we have a chance of the league any season since the dead Huns started spending money they don't have and prompted celtic to become the behemoth they are today is either mad or deluded.

The first and most important thing that needs to happen in Scotland is the notion that two clubs are on a massive pedestal way above the rest has to be forgotten about. That needs to start with our national press which isn't national it's just fucking Glasgow. Followed by other media, sky, the BBC to a lesser extent BT they all need to market our game as a whole when you see things like 'transfer news for rangers and Celtic and the rest of Scottish football' being printed that's just fucking wrong. Give airtime on radio and tv to people who aren't just Hun/Tim mouthpieces. The bodies that run the game need to be totally gutted, there's far too many of them that only seem interested in what goes on in Glasgow. If they can't market the game as a whole then get the fuck out of the way and let someone else try!

• Upvote 2

I like this signing.

You can look at the merits of where the Scottish game is that sees 1st place feel comfortable enough to loan a player to 2nd place, but that's just how it is for now. Somebody mentioned the OF going away to an Atlantic league but that's not gonna happen this weekend!

He'll improve our team and if we get another bit of quality in before end of month then we've got to expect 2nd place is ours. Hopefully the Scottish Cup too. Also good to see us getting a Scottish boy in.

Guest milne_afc

talk is there maybe another Tic coming on loan...

Anyone heard any news?

could be GMS or Commons so wouldn't complain about either if true!

Scott Alan according to something I read.

talk is there maybe another Tic coming on loan...

Anyone heard any news?

could be GMS or Commons so wouldn't complain about either if true!

Can't have more than one player on loan from a club in the same division so unless it's a permanent signing then the talk is pish.