Ronald Hernández

1 minute ago, StandFree1982 said:

It could just be a case that he believes his own hype and is frozen out because he's shite in training, McInnes has previous for freezing players out if they aren't showing it on the training ground.  He played alright in the two games he started this season, certainly didn't do anything wrong to warrant being taken out of the squad completely. 

if that's the case, it'll be killing McInnes...

He has squandered a massive amount of money in Scottish football terms, for very little return, in the past.  Another 800k, for another dud, is another massive blot on his transfer record.

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

The truth will out on this sooner rather than later.  While there have been a few strange happenings in recent times, like the Myles Anderson thing, which was swept under the carpet... there is too much money involved here.  The questions won't go away this time.

If the press aren't going to call McInnes out, might have to wait for a shareholder to ask the question at the AGM.  I'd personally like to know:

Who paid for Hernandez?

Was he really a McInnes signing?  McInnes has previously tried to claimed 'he knew all about Hernandez and had him watched many times...'.  However, as I've mentioned before a few things don't add up...

If McInnes is still trying to claim it, why isn't he playing a player he spent a record transfer fee on?

Definitely a question mark over McInnes' authority here.  I don't believe McInnes would have had much of a say in Gallagher coming here either... he was also a total dud too!

If he is a McInnes signing, he's looking like another massive waste of money at this point!

We never found out if Arnason return was via Mcinnes or board/fan pressure either.

14 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

He has squandered a massive amount of money in Scottish football terms, for very little return, in the past.  Another 800k, for another dud, is another massive blot on his transfer record.

Especially when you consider we could have had Greg Leigh back for less money.

So taking this into account, if Hernandez fee was 100% on Aberdeen then we really have picked a dud over a fairly decent player & paid more for the dud.

Atlanta better buy the cunt if it was their doing ?

8 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Especially when you consider we could have had Greg Leigh back for less money.

So taking this into account, if Hernandez fee was 100% on Aberdeen then we really have picked a dud over a fairly decent player & paid more for the dud.

Atlanta better buy the cunt if it was their doing ?

It is still early days.  He's been a mixed bag so far... did look okay against the Huns. Looked far better this year, than in his brief cameos last season!

Hopefully it is just a case of struggling to settle, or maybe not doing enough in training, and he'll eventually come good.

25 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

You'd think that if  he was a 100% McInnes signing, he'd at least be on the bench for the last few games.   There will definitely be elements of Atlanta pushing him at Aberdeen.

12 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

It is still early days.  He's been a mixed bag so far... did look okay against the Huns. Looked far better this year, than in his brief cameos last season!

Hopefully it is just a case of struggling to settle, or maybe not doing enough in training, and he'll eventually come good.

He might also be struggling with understanding what he's being told in training etc. From what i've seen of him, his English didn't seem great. 

7 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Are we not fairly sure it wasn't mcinnes that wanted to sign him though?

Nothing is really clear....

McInnes claiming here that he and his team had identified Hernandez as signing.  Then they spoke to Atlanta and they were also aware of him - and their information helped them to make a decision on the player!  Coincidence!?  I wonder if McInnes still wants to claim this!?

https://www.heraldscotland.com/sport/18203205.derek-mcinnes-praises-aberdeen-atlanta-link-hernandez-signing/

McInnes and his recruitment team had been monitoring the player and were helped by their MLS partner club in making inroads with his representatives.

"He first came to our attention about six months ago and we have just kept tabs on him," McInnes told his club's website.

"One of the leagues that the recruitment team have been concentrating on is the Norwegian league and we thought it was going to be a challenge to get him out of there.

"It shows you where we are with our collaboration with Atlanta at the minute. Once we were speaking with their recruitment team it was a player who they were aware of and had flagged up on their system.

"Jointly we got to know him a bit better. Atlanta have several Venezuelan players and contacts and that allowed us to make inroads into the possibility of bringing him to Aberdeen.

32 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

It is still early days & I will reserve judgment until we either get our moneys worth on pitch or from Atlanta ?

BUT so far & in my humble opinion, I would much prefer we had spent the couple of hundred k, or whatever it was, to retain Leigh. As that would have been instant value for money comparatively (barring injury obviously) but yes, time will tell.

1 hour ago, The Boofon said:

DOn't know why he didn't play last night. He speaks the lingo. Would have been important knowing what they were up to.

Hernandez speaks Spanish. 

Portuguese is a Romance language as Spanish is...but they really aren't particularly similar....Spanish is closer to French

• Like 1
55 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Hernandez speaks Spanish. 

Portuguese is a Romance language as Spanish is...but they really aren't particularly similar....Spanish is closer to French

Is it, Never thought of French and Spanish being similar before.

Spanish and Italian is quite similar I thought

[Edit] Seems that : -

Spanish / French as a Lexicology similarity of 75%

Spanish / Italian as a Lexicology similarity of 82%

Spanish / Portuguese as a Lexicology similarity of 90%

[/Edit]

1 minute ago, afc1903mad said:

Is it, Never thought of French and Spanish being similar before.

Spanish and Italian is quite similar I thought

Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Romanian are all Romance languages ie derived directly from Latin. Portuguese and Romanian are the ones who have diversified the most from it, Spanish, French and Italian being very similar in style  (Italian and French are the 2 closest of all)

6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese and Romanian are all Romance languages ie derived directly from Latin. Portuguese and Romanian are the ones who have diversified the most from it, Spanish, French and Italian being very similar in style  (Italian and French are the 2 closest of all)

I'm certinly not a linguist, albeit can be rather cunning, and I do see similarities, but they also sound so different (to me)

Uno, Dos, Tres, Cautro, Cinco - Spanish

Un, Deux, Trois, Quatre, Cinq - French

Uno, Due, Tre, Quattro, Cinque - Italian

Interesting thought this morning, cheers min

• Upvote 1

It's said that the native Spanish/French/Italian speakers can converse amongst themselves in their own native language and the others will be able to understand and reply in their own language and be understood comfortably.

However with Portuguese/Spanish.....apparently the Portuguese can follow a Spanish conversation and pretty much understand what's going on (although they would never admit it)  But a Spaniard listening to a Portuguese conversation would pick up the odd word here and there...but generally wouldn't have a clue as to the whole gist of the convo.