Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

I bought a heap of socks recently - chucked out loads of old ones.  Kind of like Fridgo's idea.  Didn't work.  My socks drawer is in a worse state than ever.  When I say recently it may have been up to a year ago.  It has occurred to me while typing this that sock clearouts maybe need to happen every six months or so.

I have about a dozen pairs of black socks, about half a dozen pairs of patterned ones, about half a dozen pairs of gym socks and about two pairs of white socks.  I think that's a normal sock stock.

Dearest pair must have been in a packet that was three pairs for a tenner or something.

Wouldn’t wear white socks in everyday situations (unless I was going as Mike Jackson to a fancy dress party) apart from Nike ankle socks for running which I have in white, grey and black

I’ve a nice few pair of Paul Smith ones I like to wear when wearing a jean or a trouser

Got a pair of expensive wooly ones from Kafka for free because I took my jacket back a few times to get buttons fixed - but they made my feet stink

#sockchat

PS - never buy primark socks - a terrible amount of fluff comes off them. My old carpet was a right bloody mess with them

No way will you be paying 40 quid for a pair of socks, when you eventually have a mortgage or rent to pay for!

How so?  I rarely drink and don't go to the football anymore which means I'm 'saving' around £6k a year, if I was in a position to own a home and make sure I'd still have funds for jackets, socks, trainers, hats or whatever it is I want.

I have a theory about socks, bin every pair I’ve got and buy 10 identical pairs of black and 10 pairs of white.

Means I would never have to fuck about pairing them up after washing.

Had this theory for a few years and done completely fuck all about it.

Socks with a splash of colour around the toe or heel help identify pairs quite easily...

How so? I rarely drink and don't go to the football anymore which means I'm 'saving' around £6k a year, if I was in a position to own a home and make sure I'd still have funds for jackets, socks, trainers, hats or whatever it is I want.

You could use that £50 for ten weeks of DWT.

Maybe not. I suppose at the end of ten weeks you would have at least a nice pair of socks to show for your money .

aw this chat aboot socks jist minded meh aboot kid creole gittin circumsized lest year..ez foreskin grew tight ower ez bulbus helmet n e cidna peel it back so goat a wee operation..sez tae the cunt it the time ez helmet wid be sensitiv is fuck no even bein exposed tae air fir 30 odd year..telt the cunt ehd git him a wee knitted sock tae pit ower it liket a golf clubs heedcover but nivir seen the cunt efter that

• Upvote 1

Wouldn’t wear white socks in everyday situations (unless I was going as Mike Jackson to a fancy dress party) apart from Nike ankle socks for running which I have in white, grey and black

I’ve a nice few pair of Paul Smith ones I like to wear when wearing a jean or a trouser

Got a pair of expensive wooly ones from Kafka for free because I took my jacket back a few times to get buttons fixed - but they made my feet stink

#sockchat

PS - never buy primark socks - a terrible amount of fluff comes off them. My old carpet was a right bloody mess with them

agreed.

white socks are awful, only suitable in a gym.