Sam Cosgrove

We will struggle to finish top 4 this season.

Not enough goals in the team, particularly if we are relying on Cosgrove and May.

If GMS can perform week in week out and we can keep Wilson fit we have a chance of winning.

But it's unlikely we will see GMS playing consistently well and Wilson playing every week unfortunately.

Not enough goals in the squad...that will be the downfall this season.

I think if we played Considine up front and Cosgrove at LB or CB we'd be no worse off.

Both are horrific.

Considine for a left back has a not too shabby strike rate - he is without a shadow of a doubt a better centre forward and perhaps would even rise to a level of competence there - he's not fast but at least knows where the goals are. We currently have two strikers who can reliably hit the target from outside the box - one is hopefully regaining fitness and one is U21 - just watch them others in warm up - it's embarrassing. Cosgrove would be an awful left back - and whilst Considine is not the best left back in the squad he is at times alright.

For the avoidance of doubt I am not advocating Considine as CF unless the alternative is Cosgrove

I think if we played Considine up front and Cosgrove at LB or CB we'd be no worse off.

Both are horrific.

You're comparing two different things.  Consi was a centre-back for about a decade who was made makeshift LB, but has done enough good to stay there, or at least give us options.  Cosgrove was bought and is deployed up front and has had zero success, let alone versatility.  We don't count friendlies, they're jumped up training sessions.  The lad is big, would you play him as a centre half?  Remember Magennis at RB?  I'd be awake at night.

I would argue having Consi at LB means we have his heading ability to add to set pieces and he can tuck into a third CB role.  His loyalty to the club and his performance at Dundee last March, or Celtic at the end of last season (amongst other games) are worthy of him being included in whatever we have as a hall of fame, so I will defend him to the fucking last.

As a defender, we notice more when he gets caught out because that leads to chances for the opposition.  Cosgrove is the reverse, he's supposed to create them for us.  If he loses he ball, there are 9 or 10 lads behind him to get it back, defenders don't have that luxury and we need to be less critical of them.  They can't tackle anymore, the offside rule is against them and they are the target of the other teams attacking tactics.  That's not their fault.

Sorry if I applied too much common sense there, I know this is wrong forum for it and promise to return to verbal drooling and shitfighting soon.

You're comparing two different things.  Consi was a centre-back for about a decade who was made makeshift LB, but has done enough good to stay there, or at least give us options.  Cosgrove was bought and is deployed up front and has had zero success, let alone versatility.  We don't count friendlies, they're jumped up training sessions.  The lad is big, would you play him as a centre half?  Remember Magennis at RB?  I'd be awake at night.

I would argue having Consi at LB means we have his heading ability to add to set pieces and he can tuck into a third CB role.  His loyalty to the club and his performance at Dundee last March, or Celtic at the end of last season (amongst other games) are worthy of him being included in whatever we have as a hall of fame, so I will defend him to the fucking last.

As a defender, we notice more when he gets caught out because that leads to chances for the opposition.  Cosgrove is the reverse, he's supposed to create them for us.  If he loses he ball, there are 9 or 10 lads behind him to get it back, defenders don't have that luxury and we need to be less critical of them.  They can't tackle anymore, the offside rule is against them and they are the target of the other teams attacking tactics.  That's not their fault.

Sorry if I applied too much common sense there, I know this is wrong forum for it and promise to return to verbal drooling and shitfighting soon.

I dare say you're over thinking it a bit chief.