Dundee 0 - 1 Aberdeen

RAZOR, on 12 Aug 2018 - 2:33 PM, said:

That's exactly what it's saying ffs.

Just one of many captious comments from you in your usual passive aggressive manner.

However I'll bite. My opinion is that Cosgrove (despite not scoring) has offered us more in his short period of time here than Stockley did. I don't particularly rate Cosgrove but nor did I rate Stockley. Cosgrove played his part in the remaining 5 matches and performed well against Burnley - more than I saw from Stockley during his time here. If you wish to base him purely on just goals - as I've already pointed out Cosgrove only needs to score 5 to equal Stockley. Again not an insurmountable target.

Isn't that the truth.

Even section Y is getting littered with fairies, benders and geeks taking their birds along.

Go sit somewhere else and let us shout our homophobic, racist filth in peice you wettest of Lettuce's.

Ok. My proposal is that once we move to the new stadium, with decent facilities etc, we leave Pittodrie as it is. You and your mates can bide there all the time, howling at the moon, spitting bile and running around on all fours. You'll love it, other than the occasional visit from university researchers and David Attenborough investigating primitive human behaviours.

• Downvote 1

Just one of many captious comments from you in your usual passive aggressive manner.

However I'll bite. My opinion is that Cosgrove (despite not scoring) has offered us more in his short period of time here than Stockley did. I don't particularly rate Cosgrove but nor did I rate Stockley.

How many goals and assists has he offered us?

Only seen the highlights on BBC, but we put in some decent crosses into the box, but there wasn't really anyone on the end of them. Is it the crosses that are shite, the strikers aren't getting on the end of them, or should we be looking at changing things up and going through the middle / on the ground? Something isn't working with this "get down the wings and whip it in for the striker" strategy that has served us well over the years.

Moussa looked really good for Dundee. They created far too many chances by just simple one twos in / around the box which is worrying. If they had a decent striker they'de have scored 2-3. Were we playing 3 at the back? We were getting torn apart. We'll get hammered by Hibs if we are as slack as that at the back.

GMS has really pushed on this season. He's been far more consistent than i've ever seen him, so that's great, but we need someone to stick the ball in the back of the net. May needs a couple of goals to really get going. There's a player there, but needs support from the midfield to create chances. He looked decent in the highlights i've seen and reports from folk.

McInnes saying that Anderson is best suited coming on as sub, so that's basically him being told he's not likely going to start anytime soon. I think that's a bit of a kick in the teeth, he's been excellent in the time he's had on the park.

The boy Moussa was absolute horse shit.

Luckily for us.

StandFree1982, on 13 Aug 2018 - 08:51 AM, said:

Only seen the highlights on BBC, but we put in some decent crosses into the box, but there wasn't really anyone on the end of them. Is it the crosses that are shite, the strikers aren't getting on the end of them, or should we be looking at changing things up and going through the middle / on the ground? Something isn't working with this "get down the wings and whip it in for the striker" strategy that has served us well over the years.

Moussa looked really good for Dundee. They created far too many chances by just simple one twos in / around the box which is worrying. If they had a decent striker they'de have scored 2-3. Were we playing 3 at the back? We were getting torn apart. We'll get hammered by Hibs if we are as slack as that at the back.

GMS has really pushed on this season. He's been far more consistent than i've ever seen him, so that's great, but we need someone to stick the ball in the back of the net. May needs a couple of goals to really get going. There's a player there, but needs support from the midfield to create chances. He looked decent in the highlights i've seen and reports from folk.

McInnes saying that Anderson is best suited coming on as sub, so that's basically him being told he's not likely going to start anytime soon. I think that's a bit of a kick in the teeth, he's been excellent in the time he's had on the park.

Paragraph 1. The decent crosses you see have each taken about 7.84 minutes of build up play to create. There's no-one in the middle because they've fucked off and gone home.

Paragraph 2. Thankfully for us he was absolutely horse. Best chance was in the first half which they don't show to spare his blushes. Agree re Hibs although yesterday showed them up as no great shakes.

Paragraph 3. GMS seemed to be in the huff for most of the game about the nasty songs about him. Nowhere near ruthless enough and (in fairness preserving his personal health in the process) not prepared to go after lost causes in the same way Hayes was. In fairness zero service when on the right with Ball behind him. A ball eventually getting to him with his back to goal with two men on him is not service. Agree re May. Number 10 to Wilson? Blowing out his arse on 80 minutes like.

Paragraph 4. See where McInnes is coming from as that's the second game he's totally changed with his waspishness. Pleasingly decent in the air but depending on how Wilson gets on I think impact sub is the role for now.

All depends how McInnes is going to play it of course. If its still centre halfs lumping it to lone forwards you can play whoever the fuck you like.

How many goals and assists has he offered us?

I'll bite once more. Already commented on in the previous two posts. Again 5 goals for Cosgrove is certainly not an insurmountable target in his next 18 matches. As for assists, Cosgrove currently possesses 1 (came against Burnley in the Europa league) compared to Stockley's 3 during his time with Aberdeen.

In his 9 appearances for Aberdeen, Cosgrove has also largely featured against top six opposition (including two against Celtic) and 2 matches against arguably the strongest opposition (Burnley) we've played to date under DM in the Europa League. I personally felt Cosgrove played an integral part in us finishing 2nd with his performances in the top six split fixtures. I'd also like to point out that with the inclusion of Hibs and a stronger The Rangers side the league overall was much more competitive last season than the previous season in which Stockley featured - i.e. Cosgrove came up against much better opposition in the few fixtures he's played than Stockley ever did.

As for Stockley, he scored his 4 domestic goals for Aberdeen against the following SPL teams: Dundee (certainly not as strong as the Dundee side Cosgrove faced on Saturday), Kilmarnock (Lee McCulloch was manager), Partick Thistle (x 2) and Ross County. In the Europa League, he scored 1 goal against Ventspils arguably one of the weakest opponents we've played against in the Europa league under DM.

On the basis of that, I'd like to see how Cosgrove gets on against SPFL lower league opposition and has featured in 27 matches for Aberdeen before comparing his stats with that of Stockley. One argument of debate I will maintain is my opinion that Cosgrove despite his lack of goals and assists, has still at the very least performed better and offered more against the top half of the SPL and against stronger opposition in Europe than Stockley ever did. Therefore my opinion that he has offered more than Maynard and Stockley still stands.

You could have just said 0 goals.

Clearly you didn't pick up on the fact that my previous posts highlighted he has yet to score. Therefore I've offered to elaborate on my previous comments.

Instead of making negative captious comments every time my brother or I post why don't you either simply block us or ignore us. Particularly as you seem to get so very upset on a football forum - evident by your negative posts towards us.

Clearly you didn't pick up on the fact that my previous posts highlighted he has yet to score. Therefore I've offered to elaborate on my previous comments.

Instead of making negative captious comments every time my brother or I post why don't you either simply block us or ignore us. Particularly as you seem to get so very upset on a football forum - evident by your negative posts towards us.

Blah blah therefore...

Blah blah elaborate...

Blah blah captious...

Blah blah evident...

Its a fitba forum. Blah blah fuck off.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I'll bite once more. Already commented on in the previous two posts. Again 5 goals for Cosgrove is certainly not an insurmountable target in his next 18 matches. As for assists, Cosgrove currently possesses 1 (came against Burnley in the Europa league) compared to Stockley's 3 during his time with Aberdeen.

In his 9 appearances for Aberdeen, Cosgrove has also largely featured against top six opposition (including two against Celtic) and 2 matches against arguably the strongest opposition (Burnley) we've played to date under DM in the Europa League. I personally felt Cosgrove played an integral part in us finishing 2nd with his performances in the top six split fixtures. I'd also like to point out that with the inclusion of Hibs and a stronger The Rangers side the league overall was much more competitive last season than the previous season in which Stockley featured - i.e. Cosgrove came up against much better opposition in the few fixtures he's played than Stockley ever did.

As for Stockley, he scored his 4 domestic goals for Aberdeen against the following SPL teams: Dundee (certainly not as strong as the Dundee side Cosgrove faced on Saturday), Kilmarnock (Lee McCulloch was manager), Partick Thistle (x 2) and Ross County. In the Europa League, he scored 1 goal against Ventspils arguably one of the weakest opponents we've played against in the Europa league under DM.

On the basis of that, I'd like to see how Cosgrove gets on against SPFL lower league opposition and has featured in 27 matches for Aberdeen before comparing his stats with that of Stockley. One argument of debate I will maintain is my opinion that Cosgrove despite his lack of goals and assists, has still at the very least performed better and offered more against the top half of the SPL and against stronger opposition in Europe than Stockley ever did. Therefore my opinion that he has offered more than Maynard and Stockley still stands.

Bit of a long winded way of putting it but aye you're right.

Still don't think he's quite good enough for us but he's better than Stockley and Maynard.

You make it so easy though. If I blocked you lot, what would I possibly do for entertainment.

Well if you were to leave your parents basement you'd realise theres more to life then games consoles and Afc Chat for entertainment.

In the meantime, I leave you here as you resume your incessant and continual daily fix of bashing and trolling.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Well if you were to leave your parents basement you'd realise theres more to life then games consoles and Afc Chat for entertainment.

In the meantime, I leave you here as you resume your incessant and continual daily fix of bashing and trolling.

My parents basement? I don't live in 1970s Alabama.

Bit of a long winded way of putting it but aye you're right.

Still don't think he's quite good enough for us but he's better than Stockley and Maynard.

Yeah, that's about the state of things I'd say. He's going to improve and he did do well at the tail end of last season, maybe he's like McLean the golden child and takes a few games/months to warm up?

You could have just said 0 goals.

:hysterical:

Ok. My proposal is that once we move to the new stadium, with decent facilities etc, we leave Pittodrie as it is. You and your mates can bide there all the time, howling at the moon, spitting bile and running around on all fours. You'll love it, other than the occasional visit from university researchers and David Attenborough investigating primitive human behaviours.

You sound a right hoot.