Pet Hates

StandFree1982

Just now, Sooper-hanz said:

If you have a car but no running water then you won't be able to wash it nor top up the fluids that require water.

They wash their cars with dust in that places.

Oil, power steer fluid, clutch fluid, brake fluid is all you need for a succesful car.Glycol for windscreen wash if you must.

Water is optional.

1 minute ago, Reed or deed said:

They wash their cars with dust in that places.

Oil, power steer fluid, clutch fluid, brake fluid is all you need for a succesful car.Glycol for windscreen wash if you must.

Water is optional.

Im not sure ,matey. If you're living in a place where you have to walk 50 miles for water then the nearest Halfords is going to be a right fair trek.

• Haha 2

Climate change is a fact, it’s what to do next is what the debate should be about.

However, idiots like Greta and the Greens that call for an immediate end to fossil fuels and oil companies etc are as deluded as the climate change deniers - just at the the opposite end of the spectrum.

They have no answers for a solution, but are quite happy to have all the benefits that having a carbon based modern lifestyle brings.

If you told these types that they’d not be able to enjoy the middle-class lifestyle they have been accustomed to, no gap years or foreign travel, no electronics or plastics in their home, no coffee shipped thousands of miles across the globe and paying much much more for everything while earning less than they do today, they’d fucking shit themselves.

Whilst I’m no eco-warrior, I’m like Boof where I’d like to do my bit where I can but there also needs to be something in it for me I.e financially.

I’m considering an electric car as our next family car, but only because it would be cheaper to lease it from pre-tax salary sacrifice. I offset my carbon emissions, but only because it doesn’t cost that much as my employer pays half. I’d be up for getting solar panels, but waiting for the Government to introduce some better incentives as they payback time is just too long at the moment.

1 hour ago, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

Climate change is a fact, it’s what to do next is what the debate should be about.

However, idiots like Greta and the Greens that call for an immediate end to fossil fuels and oil companies etc are as deluded as the climate change deniers - just at the the opposite end of the spectrum.

They have no answers for a solution, but are quite happy to have all the benefits that having a carbon based modern lifestyle brings.

If you told these types that they’d not be able to enjoy the middle-class lifestyle they have been accustomed to, no gap years or foreign travel, no electronics or plastics in their home, no coffee shipped thousands of miles across the globe and paying much much more for everything while earning less than they do today, they’d fucking shit themselves.

Whilst I’m no eco-warrior, I’m like Boof where I’d like to do my bit where I can but there also needs to be something in it for me I.e financially.

I’m considering an electric car as our next family car, but only because it would be cheaper to lease it from pre-tax salary sacrifice. I offset my carbon emissions, but only because it doesn’t cost that much as my employer pays half. I’d be up for getting solar panels, but waiting for the Government to introduce some better incentives as they payback time is just too long at the moment.

#meandehboof

3 hours ago, Ohjimmyjimmy said:

100% this. Reasonable, we have to keep our environment as clean as possible and protect certain areas ( got it good here in Oregon ), but it would be insane and probably lead to mass deaths to cut off carbon  in this modern society. Literally almost everything is made from it or transported using it.

I am a working class bloke , I do not want to go back to virtual serfdom, which would happen should most carbon based things be abolished. The rich will always be OK. The rest of us would be in a very bad way.

As for electric vehicles. Think i will get one next year. Cheaper Tesla probably, unless the Ford F-150 electric  truck is good. Petrol is getting a bit dear. $3.70 a gallon here

Women explaining shit gets on my fucking wick. 

There's a thing lezzas like to say, 'Mansplaining', which is when a guy explains something that a chick may or may not already know. 

"Oh, hey, thanks for mansplaining how to use an angle-grinder', they'll say sarcastically.. as if they already fucking knew what an angle grinder is, never mind how to use one properly. They didn't know... none of them fucking know...which is why they'll always  let you explain how it works before saying, "I already knew that"... aye, did you fuck. 

At least when a guy explains something he gets to the point.

'Here's how it works, Any questions?' Done. Explained. 

You look on Youtube for any kind of recipe, though, and you have these wittering fucking cunts banging on about how, "My family LOVES this beef stew, especially when the cold weather starts to..." 

...just fucking tell me how many carrots I need, you fucking inane cunt! I don't care if your family DOES love to get out in the Winter and walk down snowy paths with Jacky-Boy your Golden Retriever... who you found as a puppy abandoned by the side of the road... and your Labradoodle mix who you just HAVE to tell us a funny story about... when I'm standing here waiting for you to get around to FINALLY fucking telling me what to set the gas to, you bitch... you fucking bitch... 

You fucking bitch. 

• Haha 3

I’ve got a bird fae South America  volunteering here, academically clever but I presume back home she had servants, cause after watching her try to use a potato peeler and put glasses in the dish washer the wrong way round I’ve decided she has the domestic skills of a pissed Harvey Price. 

Yet she laughs at me when I repeat things to her like she’s a five year old.