The Mckenna Dilemma

It's just our luck though that the first time in years we secure a large fee for a player it has to go on filling the Covid-shaped hole in the finances, rather than maybe signing other good Scottish prospects and selling on too. 

In saying that, this money might also have gone towards the new stadium rather than the playing budget if all had been normal. 

• Upvote 1

Fraser has since proven himself to be a mercenary wee prick but in fairness to him during his short time in the 1st team for us, if he didnt leave, someone was going to end his career. Ive never seen a player fouled so many times at Pittodrie (since Jess probably) Constantly booted cos no cunt could get near him. Credit to him he would just get up and was brave with the ball at his feet, always skinning folk and not pussying out of taking folk on incase he got a sore one. I mind him also saying that Howe had almost promised him he'd be playing EPL within a couple of years and so it proved. And he got a massive pay rise. It was a sore one seeing him leave so soon but i never held it against him. His behaviour since then has been abysmal. 

Mckenna - he'll improve playing alongside decent defenders. Im sure we can replace him. Im sure he'll be back up playing for the tims soon enough and we can give him pelters.

4 hours ago, The Buzzard said:

It's just our luck though that the first time in years we secure a large fee for a player it has to go on filling the Covid-shaped hole in the finances, rather than maybe signing other good Scottish prospects and selling on too. 

In saying that, this money might also have gone towards the new stadium rather than the playing budget if all had been normal. 

It’s all relative though. Everyone’s in the same boat. So we’ll be in a much better position that others. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1
4 hours ago, The Buzzard said:

It's absolutely a good thing. This money will save the club, fuck worrying about not being able to spend it all on a few additions.

Imagine if it happened the other way, say we sold McKenna last year and the spunked the money on more expensive shite like Bryson or worse Gleeson.

Then covid hit and we didn't have anyone to sell.

THAT would have been bad "luck"

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, V for Vendetta said:

It's absolutely a good thing. This money will save the club, fuck worrying about not being able to spend it all on a few additions.

Imagine if it happened the other way, say we sold McKenna last year and the spunked the money on more expensive shite like Bryson or worse Gleeson.

Then covid hit and we didn't have anyone to sell.

THAT would have been bad "luck"

"Always look on the bright side of life..."

?

1 hour ago, maryhilldon said:

Anyone been to Nottingham?  Is it shit? 

I lived there for 5 years.  It's an old mining town and isn't without it's problems, but I enjoyed my time there... quite cheap and great night out!  Would have been an amazing place to live 30 years ago...

The City Ground is class - one of my favourite places to watch football.  Stones throw from the city centre, heaps of bars and pubs dotted around the stadium - a great atmosphere on match day! 

5 hours ago, Poodler said:

They promotion contenders this year? I know nothing about them other than Stuart Pearce took over them a few years ago and was rubbish 

just had a look at their squad

https://www.nottinghamforest.co.uk/teams/first-team/

quite heavy on the brothers.

They were comfortably in the play offs and chucked it last 4 games and slipped out by a point. I wouldn't say they are promotion contenders. Play offs if they are lucky.

4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

The second part of that doesn't make sense with the first 

How? If they missed out on the play offs on goal difference after being comfortably in them, if they improve their squad surely they can now make the play offs? Not like they will be going up automatically when Watford/Norwich/Bournemouth came down & Brentford are still in the league.

9 minutes ago, Millertime said:

You should have finished after the first sentence 

The fans are pretty similar to Aberdeen's to be fair!  I used to go regularly and the parallels were uncanny sometimes.  They do tend to get on players backs very quickly, like ourselves...  and the groans and moans are never far away!  Think they suffer from the same frustrations as ourselves, in that a section of the support can still remember the days when they were battling for the league and were conquerors of Europe.  They are definitely a tough audience - expectations are high!

1 hour ago, Fridge said:

Nottingham is a shit, I was down with work ages ago and my colleague got his jaw broken from some athletics on the way to back to the hotel.

Could have happened anywhere I suppose but it has nae endeared me to the place.

I ken a boy who ended up in hospital after a trip to his local spar in abz (pesky kids)

• Upvote 1