Allan Russell

12 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Aye, something about a car smash last year, he was passenger and allowed someone else to drive his motor uninsured, bloke got badly  hurt.

Making sense now, him coming here. This has obviously been on the cards.

Weird to openly announce he would continue with both roles when he joined if they knew this court case was coming up. Could have just said used joining Aberdeen as excuse to "leave" England before he ended up being pushed and it being made public.

• Upvote 1

Seems a wee bit harsh to throw the book at Russell for this.  His brother, if he was over the limit, should take what’s coming to him but don’t see why Russell should.

If you have fully comp insurance for your own car, aren’t you automatically 3rd party covered to drive any car?

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Seems a wee bit harsh to throw the book at Russell for this.  His brother, if he was over the limit, should take what’s coming to him but don’t see why Russell should.

If you have fully comp insurance for your own car, aren’t you automatically 3rd party covered to drive any car?

Used to be, unless you have a traders license then now when you go fully comp if you want to drive someone else’s car, you have to be a named driver for that car. Just another way of making money out you as a driver now.shite

1 hour ago, sooth_stander said:

Disagree, if they were both pished, he's as bad as his brother. 

He let him drive the car. 

He probably regrets the evening/event, and it shouldn't mean he can't work again. 

Shame on the victim who has life changing injuries. 

Aberdeen FC said: "The Club has now been made aware of all the circumstances surrounding a regrettable road traffic accident last year, in which Allan was a passenger in the vehicle. 

"He is deeply remorseful about the consequences of this incident for everyone involved. 

"Having taken everything into consideration, we feel Allan made a serious error of judgement but he took responsibility and has suffered the consequences. 

"We believe everyone deserves the opportunity to redeem themselves by learning from their mistakes and the Club will be supporting Allan in his role as an assistant coach at AFC where he is already making a positive impact.”

Must have known this was hanging over him, surprised the club have only been made aware of it now and not at the time of appointment. 

58 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Used to be, unless you have a traders license then now when you go fully comp if you want to drive someone else’s car, you have to be a named driver for that car. Just another way of making money out you as a driver now.shite

No it still is the case, I have a fully comp Policy that lets me drive any other car not owned by me third party. As has my wife. I think it depends on your age and or how long you have held a licence, as my son does not have that cover on his fully comp policy.

12 minutes ago, cruickc2 said:

No it still is the case, I have a fully comp Policy that lets me drive any other car not owned by me third party. As has my wife. I think it depends on your age and or how long you have held a licence, as my son does not have that cover on his fully comp policy.

Ahh I just checked, I am definitely old enough and so is my wife.and to get on her nhs cover I have to countersign her insurance to be eligible to drive her car. I have been driving for 20 years. It used to be all insurance company’s that if you were fully comp you get 3rd party fire and theft. But now it’s up to the individual insurance companies,some do some don’t 

mines doesn’t cheap ass insurance company,even being fully comp I can only drive mines and her car?,in the insurance it says I can be a named driver for a day,week,month,year for a fee?

43 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Ahh I just checked, I am definitely old enough and so is my wife.and to get on her nhs cover I have to countersign her insurance to be eligible to drive her car. I have been driving for 20 years. It used to be all insurance company’s that if you were fully comp you get 3rd party fire and theft. But now it’s up to the individual insurance companies,some do some don’t 

mines doesn’t cheap ass insurance company,even being fully comp I can only drive mines and her car?,in the insurance it says I can be a named driver for a day,week,month,year for a fee?

Thanks for letting us know

• Haha 3
  • Upvote 1

Everything makes more sense now...

I couldn't understand why, a really highly rated young coach, on an upward trajectory, working with some of the best players in world, would want to take on a part time role working in northern Scotland for an SPFL club.  It was a bit of a headscratcher.  This explains a lot though...

20 minutes ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Very strange that the FA apparently sacked him for something that  happened that relates only to his own personal life.

Was it legal to sack him for a driving offence when he was not driving?

If I was Allan I would tell  the English  FA to fuck off 

Would imagine the FA have contract clauses around disclosure of certain things that may impact on reputation of the organisation, of upholding certain standards etc in both work and private life.. what could be the bigger issue here is the FA (and Aberdeen) have only just been made aware of this when it occurred last year. Quite an error of judgement on his part to be involved in what happened but also not to disclose to his employers that prosecution proceedings were pending.

12 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

Would imagine the FA have contract clauses around disclosure of certain things that may impact on reputation of the organisation, of upholding certain standards etc in both work and private life.. what could be the bigger issue here is the FA (and Aberdeen) have only just been made aware of this when it occurred last year. Quite an error of judgement on his part to be involved in what happened but also not to disclose to his employers that prosecution proceedings were pending.

Glass must have been aware if this, and therefore Cormack?

Interesting statement from AFC - accepting the FA’s decision whilst standing by Russell. Double standards?

34 minutes ago, Yorston Vasey said:

It’s called the Sven clause, sub para Allardyce.

17 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Some seriously sad cunts in our support.

You think?

Maybe a few things but sad cunt I am not.

Would AR have still came to Dons if this situation wasn't hanging over him at FA?

1 hour ago, Yorston Vasey said:

Only if they are expendable though, I imagine if Harry Kane was the bloke in the passenger seat they would spin it in such a way to keep him in the squad however as it is England, I couldn't give a fuck and it lets a highly rated striker coach work on our strikers.