#1 OFFLINE   GDON21

GDON21

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Joined 27-September 16

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:50 AM

Getting this started early this year. After a lot of criticism towards Derek and the team from the media, supporters etc then this window is massive for the club. A lot will depend on how we can finish the season but to go in to next season with real intent we need to bring in a number of players who will improve our 11 from the start.

Out- Nicky Maynard, Kenny McLean, Kari Arnason, Greg Stewart, Ryan Christie, Freddie Woodman, Chidi Nwakali, Danny Rogers, Dom Ball & Anthony O'Connor.

Potential to leave - Mark Reynolds,  Greg Tansey

Mikey Devlin would be seen as one of the centre back replacements so we would be in the market for probably one more centre back.

Will we finally sign a left back that the manager wants to play at left back or will we sign a few central midfielders to allow our best left back to actually play that position.

We also need another out and out right back to challenge Logan.

We need further reinforcement on the wing and a potential play making midfielder with another striker also a priority although I still hold out hope that with a better team behind them May and Rooney are more than capable at this level.

I will throw a few names out there that would hopefully show a bit of intent.

Dylan McGeouch - Constantly linked with us and some rumours would suggest he has actually all but agreed to sign with us in the summer. One of the best midfielders in the league this season consistently. I'd imagine he has interest from down south.

Ryan Christie - To get him permanently would be great business. He still has his off days but overall he has been great this season for us and will only improve. To get him on a 3/4 year deal would be great business.

Youssof Mulumbu - Probably unrealistic as he could easily go back down to the championship. Apparently he is being paid very well by Kilmarnock and is only there because of Clarke but the man would be a great signing for us.

Johnny Hayes - Recovering from a leg break and Celtic will look to strengthen. Not sure it will work out for him at Celtic now and a return to us maybe on loan initially could be great for both parties although he couldn't play against the tims. I know this will have mixed reactions.

Chris Cadden - A good young Scottish player who may see Aberdeen as a natural progression. Similar to when McLean signed for us.

Ben Heneghan - Signed for Sheff Utd in summer and has only made one appearance. Was very highly rated up here and suited the game. Only 24 and surely a better option than O'Connor.

#2 OFFLINE   Roberto

Roberto

S.F

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Joined 16-October 06

Posted 27 February 2018 - 11:56 AM

Joe Lewis

Logan (needs a boot up the arse)

McKenna (if we keep him)

Devlin

Shinnie

New DM (Mulumbu)

New DM 

Niall McGinn

Paul Coutts/Ryan Christie

New left winer (Scott Wright back up)

May (or a new striker)

Major overhaul.

We've no chance of getting the 3 players I've put in.

We need 3 million to overhaul the squad, and rid of the absolute fucking dead wood like O Connor etc.

Edited by Roberto, 27 February 2018 - 12:07 PM.

"Maybe I will never be all the things that I want to be

But now is not the time to cry now's the time to find out why
I think you're the same as me, we see things they'll never see you and I, WE'RE GONNA LIVE FOREVER"

#3 OFFLINE   Roberto

Roberto

S.F

• Members
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Joined 16-October 06

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:06 PM

Joe Lewis

McKenna (if we keep him)

Devlin (Anthony Vanden Borre)

Shinnie

Mulumbu

Alex Song

Niall McGinn

Samir Nasri

Sebastien Leto

May or Nilmar

There you go, football manager style.

Edited by Roberto, 27 February 2018 - 12:08 PM.

I think you're the same as me, we see things they'll never see you and I, WE'RE GONNA LIVE FOREVER"

#4 OFFLINE   DD1903

DD1903

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,043 posts
  • Joined 13-January 11

Posted 27 February 2018 - 12:19 PM

Mulumbo was close to signing for Bordeaux during the January window. It fell through at the last minute for some reason.

As for Jonny Hayes. He's the wrong side of 30 now. He's made his bed etc. No thanks

We need some players with pace in the team. Been crying out for it for years. We look like we're running in treacle at times
Just an average guy with exceptional hair

#5 OFFLINE   The Boofon

The Boofon

Chairman

• Members
  • 25,374 posts
  • Joined 15-July 07

Posted 27 February 2018 - 04:24 PM

Joe Lewis
McKenna (if we keep him)
Devlin
Shinnie

New DM (Mulumbu)
New DM 

Niall McGinn
Paul Coutts/Ryan Christie
New left winer (Scott Wright back up)

May (or a new striker)

Major overhaul.

We've no chance of getting the 3 players I've put in.

We need 3 million to overhaul the squad, and rid of the absolute fucking dead wood like O Connor etc.

😂😂

Thats hun war chest fantasy min. Give yourself a -1.

#6 OFFLINE   Roberto

Roberto

S.F

• Members
  • 8,388,607 posts
  • Joined 16-October 06

Posted 27 February 2018 - 05:29 PM

😂😂

Thats hun war chest fantasy min. Give yourself a -1.

It absolutely is but we need to punt about 7 players and free transfers are clearly not working for us given the shit McInnes is signing.

Fantasy land or not it's a figure that's required unfortunately otherwise it'll be players of Maynard ability again next year due to the shit freebies on offer nowadays.

#7 OFFLINE   Byrne Baby Byrne

Byrne Baby Byrne

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,578 posts
  • Joined 02-October 05

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:06 AM

Huge window this summer. If we have another 6 out of 10 season like this next year then the bubble will truly be burst, the feel good factor completely gone and we will just plod along.... a few Jimmy Calderwood seasons followed by a few Mark McGhee's probably.

I'm not convinced McInnes has the passion and drive to fix it. He seems a broken man compared the last few years. Its like he now accepts what the media tells him and that Aberdeen will never be able to compete. 

Edit.... he certainly deserves the chance to fix it though. I wouldn't go binning the man yet. He's earned the time and respect to push us on.

Edited by Byrne Baby Byrne, 28 February 2018 - 08:07 AM.

#8 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 30,610 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:09 AM

Huge window this summer. If we have another 6 out of 10 season like this next year then the bubble will truly be burst, the feel good factor completely gone and we will just plod along.... a few Jimmy Calderwood seasons followed by a few Mark McGhee's probably.

I'm not convinced McInnes has the passion and drive to fix it. He seems a broken man compared the last few years. Its like he now accepts what the media tells him and that Aberdeen will never be able to compete. 

Edit.... he certainly deserves the chance to fix it though. I wouldn't go binning the man yet. He's earned the time and respect to push us on.

I don't know where people are getting that from

I watched his pre match press conf for tonight and he looks well fired up?

#9 OFFLINE   Byrne Baby Byrne

Byrne Baby Byrne

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,578 posts
  • Joined 02-October 05

Posted 28 February 2018 - 08:14 AM

I don't know where people are getting that from

I watched his pre match press conf for tonight and he looks well fired up?

The interview of him basically saying we almost got a result and his plan nearly worked against Celtic is pretty much where my thoughts have come from. We were horrific on Sunday. Approached it like Banks o Dee would prep for a trip against Man City away. 

#10 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 30,610 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:07 AM

The interview of him basically saying we almost got a result and his plan nearly worked against Celtic is pretty much where my thoughts have come from. We were horrific on Sunday. Approached it like Banks o Dee would prep for a trip against Man City away. 

Take Saturday in isolation

We had more shots , more on target and 4 gilt edged chances

He is right

#11 OFFLINE   Dad

Dad

Old cunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,751 posts
  • Joined 31-January 16

Posted 28 February 2018 - 09:44 AM

Current squad plus McGeogh & Watt will conquer Europe.

Posted by Dad on 02 August 2017 - 08:19 PM

The world outside Scotland makes me love the scottish game more and more. Good solid 10's of thousands transfer fees; no frills - good honest solid realism, with a squeeze of hate and a smidge of daring to dream.

The Dons are a joy to support.

#12 OFFLINE   DD1903

DD1903

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,043 posts
  • Joined 13-January 11

Posted 28 February 2018 - 10:03 AM

Ha! Half out first team is here on loan though...!
Just an average guy with exceptional hair

#13 OFFLINE   Dad

Dad

Old cunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,751 posts
  • Joined 31-January 16

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:00 AM

Dinnae you worry son; Del will get Christie and G-Stew perm style, then up up and awayyyyyy

The world outside Scotland makes me love the scottish game more and more. Good solid 10's of thousands transfer fees; no frills - good honest solid realism, with a squeeze of hate and a smidge of daring to dream.

#14 OFFLINE   NEM

NEM

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts
  • Joined 07-September 16

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:41 AM

Take Saturday in isolation

We had more shots , more on target and 4 gilt edged chances

He is right

*Sunday

Thought you'd have known that given the Dons were playing your real team?  :whistling:

#15 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 30,610 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:45 AM

*Sunday

Thought you'd have known that given the Dons were playing your real team?  :whistling:

The fact that's the bit you chose to answer, says it all :)

#16 OFFLINE   BWG

BWG

#TopDon

• Members
  • 10,144 posts
  • Joined 01-June 15

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:30 PM

Hayes can get straight to fuck after his "I knew I wanted to sign within 2 seconds" pish.

GTF: O'Connor, Rogers, Tansey, Stewart, Reynolds, Arnason and Ball. Nae seen enough of Chidi yet.

Mulumbu, McGeogh and a fucking left back would be a good window for us. Christie permanently pretty much goes without saying.

#17 OFFLINE   rossafc92

rossafc92

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,976 posts
  • Joined 27-May 08

Posted 28 February 2018 - 12:56 PM

Never heard it myself, but apparently Richard Gordon said on BBC Scotland on Sunday that work is going on behind the scenes to secure Christie permanently.

McGeough would surely be McLean's replacement. Fact he's not signed a new deal at Hibs suggests he's considering us?

Really would like to see us make a real significant signing this summer - feel we need it. Wonder what the chances are of us being able to persuade someone like Craig Bryson up the road? Mysteriously loaned out from Derby to promotion rivals Cardiff. He's had a bit of a lay-off with an injury past month or so but now back in the squad. At 31, and with the possibility of Cardiff getting promoted, you wonder if he'd be tempted to get a move up here. Hearts have managed big names with the likes of Naismith and Lafferty, as have the Huns with a few loans in January too. Someone like Bryson is the type of player we really need.

coyr!

#18 ONLINE   craegDAMH

craegDAMH

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,268 posts
  • Joined 02-February 16

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:23 PM

Hayes can get straight to fuck after his "I knew I wanted to sign within 2 seconds" pish.

GTF: O'Connor, Rogers, Tansey, Stewart, Reynolds, Arnason and Ball. Nae seen enough of Chidi yet.

Mulumbu, McGeogh and a fucking left back would be a good window for us. Christie permanently pretty much goes without saying.

Good to see you've changed your mind on Maynard...

If there's a chance we can get Chidi permanent, I think he'd be a great signing. Still looks a bit lost at times but he's never had a settled run in the same team with the same teammates. Couple of years with us and a couple of call ups and we'll make money off him. He looks like he's got great energy, technique and a bit of aggression. And he's probably not a hun

#19 OFFLINE   The Buzzard

The Buzzard

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • Joined 19-November 16

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:37 PM

As well as considering who we buy or sign on a free then surely there has to be a look at the U20s to see who can make a genuine impact on the squad or challenge the first trainers?

I hear plenty on here talking about Campbell and the Ross's but what about the young boy that cane from Everton, Harrington? Is he not shaping up to challenge Logan?

#20 OFFLINE   Sonoftherock

Sonoftherock

Director of Football

• Moderators
  • 11,680 posts
  • Joined 07-October 05

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:38 PM

As well as considering who we buy or sign on a free then surely there has to be a look at the U20s to see who can make a genuine impact on the squad or challenge the first trainers?

I hear plenty on here talking about Campbell and the Ross's but what about the young boy that cane from Everton, Harrington? Is he not shaping up to challenge Logan?

Was it not Miko Virtanen that signed from Everton?

"Whenever I'm in Edinburgh I roll with the T.Y.T (Tollcross Young Team)" - Romeo, So Solid Crew

#21 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 30,610 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:38 PM

Both were

#22 OFFLINE   The Buzzard

The Buzzard

Fan's Favourite

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts
  • Joined 19-November 16

Posted 28 February 2018 - 02:40 PM

Possibly both did.

#23 OFFLINE   BWG

BWG

#TopDon

• Members
  • 10,144 posts
  • Joined 01-June 15

Posted 28 February 2018 - 05:57 PM

Good to see you've changed your mind on Maynard...

If there's a chance we can get Chidi permanent, I think he'd be a great signing. Still looks a bit lost at times but he's never had a settled run in the same team with the same teammates. Couple of years with us and a couple of call ups and we'll make money off him. He looks like he's got great energy, technique and a bit of aggression. And he's probably not a hun

Fuck me he's that anonymous that I forgot he even exists.  He's like the footballing equivalent of a dissipating fart.

#24 OFFLINE   mcdougall(4)

mcdougall(4)

Dons Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,113 posts
  • Joined 07-February 17

Posted 28 February 2018 - 06:59 PM

Dinnae you worry son; Del will get Christie and G-Stew perm style, then up up and awayyyyyy

No 

and 

Hell no

#25 OFFLINE   shut up meg

shut up meg

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,079 posts
  • Joined 14-August 16

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:13 PM

@Dad, please stop talking up players, whenever you get a hardon for one of them they instantly become shit.

#26 OFFLINE   dave_min

dave_min

Director of Football

• Members
  • 13,923 posts
  • Joined 01-October 05

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:24 PM

Mulumbo was close to signing for Bordeaux during the January window. It fell through at the last minute for some reason.

It's cause he'd rather play for the Dons.

------
2013 Best Newcomer

2014 Best Newcomer

small_gold_star.pngsmall_gold_star.png

Awww Dave, you're super. :-)

#27 OFFLINE   Dad

Dad

Old cunt

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,751 posts
  • Joined 31-January 16

Posted 28 February 2018 - 07:57 PM

@Dad, please stop talking up players, whenever you get a hardon for one of them they instantly become shit.

Granted - I single handedly damaged Miles and Miles Storey irreparably, but G-Stew is a future big time star. I will never waiver from this belief. 

#28 OFFLINE   Wester Hailes Skins

Wester Hailes Skins

First Team Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Joined 15-May 17

Posted 28 February 2018 - 11:13 PM

Don't blame yous for admiring Cadden and McGeough. But whenever I think like that about decent Scottish league players, I mind we were in for Boyce at £3,000 a week. Burton's opener was £8,000. Burton. Albion.

Cadden and McGeough will go south.
So I'll start a revolution from my bed 🎤🎶

#29 OFFLINE   Millertime

Millertime

Chairman

• Members
  • 30,610 posts
  • Joined 14-January 06

Posted 01 March 2018 - 09:03 AM

Don't blame yous for admiring Cadden and McGeough. But whenever I think like that about decent Scottish league players, I mind we were in for Boyce at £3,000 a week. Burton's opener was £8,000. Burton. Albion.

Cadden and McGeough will go south.

You're confusing the pull of hearts with the pull of a big club mate

#30 OFFLINE   BWG

BWG

#TopDon

• Members
  • 10,144 posts
  • Joined 01-June 15

Posted 01 March 2018 - 12:05 PM

You're confusing the pull of hearts with the pull of a big club mate

I was going to respond with something similar but couldn't quite think of a succinct enough way of wording it.  Have a +1 Millerman.

1 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users