Sir Andy Murray

Guest SS RED

If Edmund continues to improve and progress the way he is doing Murray will be back to being Scotlands Andy Murray if he returns to action and isnt as good as he was...

I was in the stadium, sweating my bollocks off, for his matches against Istomin and then Basilashvili. I was also at his match the previous year, when he was knocked out in the second round against Carreno Busta. He was well beaten that day - but he is a good player, who is improving - but has his limitations. Don't think he has enough in his locker to ever become a grand slam contender.

I don't think he'll trouble Dimitrov tomorrow.

Hey, I'm as sceptical as you don't get me wrong.

I have no doubt there's probably some form of 'doping' happening.

Infact, now I've discussed this - I probably understand why I don't watch sport in the same manner nowadays. I watched Icarus on Netflix recently and it showed how easy doping was etc - so this is probably part of the reason I've given up watching tennis in the same manner I used to.

Its rife sadly. For some reason though, big Rog and his miracle comeback, doesnt seem to be questioned...

Icarus and the special that bbc Scotland did a while back show how easy it is to improve fitness etc and get away with it

I think federer may have the same gluten free diet that djokovic did a few years ago, and the one that nadal has been using for years...

I dont think for one minute that hes come back quicker and stronger at his age without something aiding him...

It's embarrassing watching and listening to them gushing over him with the clear red flag there.

I was in the stadium, sweating my bollocks off, for his matches against Istomin and then Basilashvili. I was also at his match the previous year, when he was knocked out in the second round against Carreno Busta. He was well beaten that day - but he is a good player, who is improving - but has his limitations. Don't think he has enough in his locker to ever become a grand slam contender.

I don't think he'll trouble Dimitrov tomorrow.

Just bet the mortgage on Edmund.

• Upvote 3

Just bet the mortgage on Edmund.

Was waiting to see who'd be first!

Hyeon Chung - what a talent! Djokovic clearly struggling, but this lad is absolute class. Superb in the previous round against Zverev too!

Quite unorthodox and loads of moving parts - so expect him to have some ups and down over the next few years - but very exciting!

I stuck the mortgage on Edmund after yesterday's chat.

I hope you did tup, as you’d now be a very wealthy man!

great win for Edmund - not a great match, very impressive to hold his nerve first time on Rod Laver.. Dimitrov was extremely poor there - I must have cursed him, as he looked very strong this far. Probably demonstrating why he’s yet to win a slam. Can’t string together enough matches without throwing in a stinker. He was absolutely terrible today.

... I’m going to log off for a few days

I hope you did tup, as you’d now be a very wealthy man!

great win for Edmund - not a great match, very impressive to hold his nerve first time on Rod Laver.. Dimitrov was extremely poor there - I must have cursed him, as he looked very strong this far. Probably demonstrating why he’s yet to win a slam. Can’t string together enough matches without throwing in a stinker. He was absolutely terrible today.

... I’m going to log off for a few days

:)

• 4 months later...
Guest milne_afc

Andy Murray is unlucky to have peaked at a time when PEDs were rife and very difficult to detect in the top performers. Could have held out for a couple more slams if his asthma never eased off.