Aberdeen V Dumbarton (1-0)

Injured: Robertson & Storie

Suspension News: Pawlett & Hayes a booking away from a 1 match ban in the Scottish Cup (Semi Final or 4th Round 2014/15 Tournament). Any player sent off for violent conduct will miss their clubs next match i.e. League Cup Final for Aberdeen players.

Think we should make a couple of changes from the team that played St Johnstone. I think we bring Anderson back in but may be tempted to rest some others ideally Pawlett and McGinn but not sure if we have enough quality cover to leave them both out. Other candidates for a rest would be Considine, Flood, Hayes and Rooney but may just rely on substitutions for that.

Langfield

Logan Anderson Reynolds Considine

Jack Flood

Smith Robson Hayes

Rooney

subs: Weaver, Shaughnessey, Tate, Low, McGinn, Pawlett, Vernon

others: Zola, McManus & Murray

Prediction: 3-1 Rooney & Smith x 2 + Nish for them

Crowd: 9250

Langfield

Considine

Reynolds

Tate

Shaugnessy

Low

Jack

Hayes

Smith

Logan

Rooney

Subs:

Weaver

Anderson

Robson

Flood

McGinn

DMcI will have them fully motivated and we'll win with a couple to spare. If things start to go how they've gone in the past, at least the firepower is there on the bench.

I'd mix it up a bit.

We've a strong enough squad to beat Dumbarton without being disrespectful.

Opportunity to give players a rest and keep them fresh for the final.

Weaver

Logan, Shaughnessy, Tate, Considine

Jack, Low

McGinn, Smith, Hayes

Vernon

It's a bold move and risky and will never happen, so.......

Langfield

Logan, Anderson, Reynolds, Considine

Jack, Robson

McGinn, Smith, Hayes

Rooney

Play the team that's going to start the final (minus Pawlett if he's injured or doughtful) and get them playing together.

Give Flood a break for a week and give Jack some more game time. Otherwise barring injuries picked up the team for the final gets a run out and a chance to bang a few goals in.

I can see Pawlett being out after coming off injured.

Anderson needs the game time.

Hayes doesn't need a rest, he was out for a while injured not that long ago.

McGinn was shite on Saturday, i'd stick him on the bench.

Maybe go with something like this:

Langfield

Logan Anderson Reynolds Considine

Flood Robson Low

Smith Hayes

Rooooooney

I'd mix it up a bit.

We've a strong enough squad to beat Dumbarton without being disrespectful.

Opportunity to give players a rest and keep them fresh for the final.

Weaver

Logan, Shaughnessy, Tate, Considine

Jack, Low

McGinn, Smith, Hayes

Vernon

I'd go with that,

Mcginn needs to get his confidence up so makes sense keeping him in the team, However - I'd not be playing Hayes.

Fuck resting anyone. We've had far too many fuck-ups against exactly this type of opposition - 1st Div also-rans.

Langfield

Logan Anderson Considine Reynolds

Flood Robson

McGinn Pawlett Hayes

Rooney

Exactly!

One game at a time & worry about "maybe" missing players for the next round once we're actually IN the next round.

They've been saying all season that we're taking it one game at a time & this is certainly no different.

I could maybe agree with resting the odd player in earlier rounds of the league cup but NEVER in the Scottish cup.

They got humped by queen of the south at the weekend

They will not be tough or tricky, they will be shitty and fucked for fitness by the second half.

Maybe they rested a few players because they had more important games to think about?

Treat them as equals & go into the game like ANY other.

No room for thinking this will be a walk over.

Fair enough if we're three up at HT & cruising but until then, they are fkn Barca

Last time we played Dumbarton - http://www.afcheritage.org/matches/fixtures/mreport.cfm?fixture_id=478&season=2003-04&squad=Senior

I remember being at the game. Zdrilic double :omg: I also remember that being the night where Michael Bird confirmed that he would NOT become a Dons legend as he was put clean through in front of Beach End and hit the most feeble finish you've ever seen into the keeper's hands. Another "new Don" quickly extinguished.

Going to be a very hard game to win. We thankfully have the advantage of playing at home. Ian Murray has built a very strong Championship side who are performing way above the expectations considering they are only part time. Part time really doesn't mean anything in my opinion and when it comes to a cup match, anything can happen. Hopefully we'll field as strong a side as possible. We will have to be cautious and be clinical in front of goal despite probably having the majority of possession. Rest McGinn and Pawlett and give smith and Robson/low a run out.

I'm actually hoping for 14k as it is a cup quarter final at home on a Saturday. Any scoreline which means we go through, I'll be very happy with.

I think we need to treat the sons with respect they were sitting in a play off spot in the championship,but I also think we could do with changing things.

Weaver

Logan. Shaugnessy. Anderson. Consedine.

Low. Jack. Flood. McGinn.

Smith. Vernon.

Subs. Langfield, Tate, Robson, Pawlett. Reynolds. Rooney.

A strong bench there should we need it I would give Anderson the first half and replace with Tate. Also if Pawlett needs a wee run to test injury hopefully we will be ahead to allow time for that.