Sevco Thread

Can't really agree with that unfortunately.

Seems Brighton have the money to take Celtics best striker rumoured Dembele might be going there this window. They were massively unlucky to lose 1-0 at Old Trafford a few weeks ago. They are currently sitting 12th in the Premier League Hughton seems to have them pretty well drilled for a newly promoted team. Im not sure Id fancy the current Celtic squad to be in the top 12 in the Premier League by January.

Id expect most of the English Premier League teams to turn the current Celtic side over including Brighton.

Aberdeen would easily beat Brighton.

English football is pish. Overhyped to fuck.

This Murphy will be pish. Also amazed he gets away with supporting the huns with a name like that.

Brighton would beat us, unfortunately.

Seems Brighton have the money to take Celtics best striker rumoured Dembele might be going there this window. They were massively unlucky to lose 1-0 at Old Trafford a few weeks ago. They are currently sitting 12th in the Premier League Hughton seems to have them pretty well drilled for a newly promoted team. Im not sure Id fancy the current Celtic squad to be in the top 12 in the Premier League by January.

Id expect most of the English Premier League teams to turn the current Celtic side over including Brighton.

Dembele is not their best striker imo. He's their current saleable asset and that's why he's been tarted all around England. It doesn't really impress me how they lost at a rank rotten manure, a full strength celtic would beat a full strength Brighton last season, this season or next. Again, my opinion.

In the hypothetical senario of them playing in the epl, well who fucking knows (or cares) where they'd end up at the end of the season. If they hypocritically met in the Europa league this season, there's no way I'd be putting any money on Brighton, that's a fact.

On what basis?

We have never played them competitively and are highly unlikely to.

Aberdeen are better than Brighton for sure.

Calibre of player. Whilst I agree English football is overhyped, top 6 championship and all EPL are a considerably higher standard than us.

But youre right, all hypothetical, so no point in splitting hairs.

Dembele is not their best striker imo. He's their current saleable asset and that's why he's been tarted all around England. It doesn't really impress me how they lost at a rank rotten manure, a full strength celtic would beat a full strength Brighton last season, this season or next. Again, my opinion.

In the hypothetical senario of them playing in the epl, well who fucking knows (or cares) where they'd end up at the end of the season. If they hypocritically met in the Europa league this season, there's no way I'd be putting any money on Brighton, that's a fact.

It's all about opinions. I agree with the comments others have made about English top flight football being way over hyped. But the teams in their top league are far better than the ones in our top league that's just down to the absolute massive gulf in finance.

You can call Manure rank rotten all you want but in the last two full seasons they have won the Europa League, League Cup & FA Cup. They are poor compared to what they probably should be considering the money they have spent but labelling them rank rotten is a tad OTT. They (and the likes of Chelsea, Liverpool and Spurs) have just been blown away by the sheer consistent brilliance of Man City.

It's certainly not far fetched to imagine Celtic beating Brighton were they hypothetically to meet in a two leg Europa tie. But as an example in my opinion the vast majority of say Crystal Palace's strongest first team would get into Celtic's starting 11 yet they are currently below Brighton in the table. With their current squad I'd imagine Celtic would be one of the top favourites to be relegated from the EPL. Just my opinion though.

• Downvote 1

There's definitely balance needed in that sort of assessment shinniesta.

I agree that it's both the case the EPL is over hyped but also that mid table teams are good sides.

On the down side. Some of the games are crap. Some of the players are actually very average. Some of the managers are crap.

But overall, the sheer mass of money spent ensures a lot of very good players and therefore good teams in that league, there's no point denying that really.

There's definitely balance needed in that sort of assessment shinniesta.

I agree that it's both the case the EPL is over hyped but also that mid table teams are good sides.

On the down side. Some of the games are crap. Some of the players are actually very average. Some of the managers are crap.

But overall, the sheer mass of money spent ensures a lot of very good players and therefore good teams in that league, there's no point denying that really.

Aye the money turns everybody's heads it's true.

It's still just a fucking soap opera, never forget. The epl should never be taken seriously.

It's still just a fucking soap opera, never forget. The epl should never be taken seriously.

I don't watch or read about any of it really so not a problem for me.

I get why tup says teams like Brighton are shite, in many ways he's bang on they are pretty shite, especially given the crazy amounts of money they have. But they'd likely still beat most SPL teams sadly.

Langfields testimonial game attracted only 3500 supporters to Pittodrie the lowest since Matt Armstrongs in 1948

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-match-reports/aberdeen-1-brighton-0-jamie-6146419

No fucking danger there was 3500 there. Not that I was anywhere near the vicinity of Pittodrie that evening, but by all accounts there was 2k, tops, a lot of which were freebies.

The EPL is probably the biggest example of everything that is wrong with football these days. In many cases bang average players becoming multi millionaires for sitting on the bench most of the season. You are 100% correct it is a soap opera that I have no interest in whatsoever. But unfortunately it seems most of the world does have interest in it hence the massive tv money involved.

What can't be denied though is the quality of some of the players and their athleticism which (certainly at the top teams down there) shits all over the SPFL. Can you imagine Salah, Mane, Coutinho and Firmino going at our defence that struggles to handle Louis Moult, James Forrest, Tom Rogic, Kenny Miller and Josh Windass? Kind of puts things in perspective a bit. A Premier League club like Brighton would shit all over us were we to play them. They'd do the same to the huns who unfortunately regularly shit all over us too.

Brighton's average annual salary for their playing squad for this season is around £1.3m which is ten times what ours is and is nearly double that of Celtic's average player salary. That normally means they will have better players in most positions and a stronger squad. They are still an average team in EPL terms. But they'd have a field day playing up here every week with the squad and finances they currently have.

• Downvote 1