Sevco Thread

What absolute fucking drivel from Traynor.

As someone else has mentioned, seems like the deal is being held up for some reason... :itch-chin:

Seems to be a common theme with Rangers transfer dealings these days... This long game where they attempt to drag their heels for as long as possible, to try and strangle the life/enthusiasm out of the club they're with, probably in hope that they'll drop the price.

As someone else has mentioned, seems like the deal is being held up for some reason... :itch-chin:

Seems to be a common theme with Rangers transfer dealings these days... This long game where they attempt to drag their heels for as long as possible, to try and strangle the life/enthusiasm out of the club they're with, probably in hope that they'll drop the price.

If I were an agent I'd use their ineptitude to take them to the cleaners. Getting their media cohorts to lineup outside the airport and ask the boy if it's his dream to play for Rangers* whilst constantly spinning the £1M story.

"Yeah so he'll sign for £50K a week and if you don't like that, well good luck appeasing your scumbag fans now after the circus you've created around this signing".

The huns seem to be the only team in the world who, when in serious financial peril, can guarantee no adverse reporting of the situation.

It's all bed of roses pish we get fed.

This is a club which is run by a criminal, one of the same criminals who helped commit a massive fraud which killed the previous huns. The club is run in a manner akin to how you might run a terrorist organisation, or the BNP.

They are at present selling and loaning out as many players as they possibly can. Yet their gullible public get told they are spending millions.

This lack of basic honesty will be the death of them again.

If Murphy is such a top player, why are his only options the skint Huns and Struggling Reading on loan.

The teams in the lower reaches of the overhyped EPL all park the bus and employ Hearts type tactics so I wouldn't even start comparing Brighton to Celtic. He was a decent player at Motherwell no more no less and he is so good he has never played for our National team. Obviously finances are the issue as usual with Sevco no doubt Murphy and his agent will have been shocked when they were told he would have to take a massive pay cut for his dream move so they have scurried back to England to think again

The huns seem to be the only team in the world who, when in serious financial peril, can guarantee no adverse reporting of the situation.

It's all bed of roses pish we get fed.

This is a club which is run by a criminal, one of the same criminals who helped commit a massive fraud which killed the previous huns. The club is run in a manner akin to how you might run a terrorist organisation, or the BNP.

They are at present selling and loaning out as many players as they possibly can. Yet their gullible public get told they are spending millions.

This lack of basic honesty will be the death of them again.

It's in their DNA to act like a big club..."the most successful club in the world" as their brain dead fans like to harp on about as if there is any shred of truth in that laughable claim. For their board to act otherwise (especially in the current climate where Celtic are so superior) just would not be accepted by their fans who demand they compete with Celtic no matter what. "Not long until we are back where we belong" is another myth they like to peddle.

Their sense of entitlement and basic refusal to accept they are no longer anywhere near the biggest fish in a small pond and re-adjust so that their club is ran accordingly to its actual circumstances will as you say very likely be the death of them again.

I just want honesty in life, from everyone.

Then everything would work just fine.

This club is not honest, indeed it is criminal in both intent and practice. The unpaid debt of dead Rangers was £71 million pounds. This is before anything was pursued for the EBTs.

What we are therefore seeing is not a 'big club' as their supporters would have anyone believe, but a large scale criminal enterprise which sets out from the word go to do over everyone and everything it encounters.

This will come back on them again. Nothing surer. This version of Rangers is heading for the same death as the last one.

• Upvote 1

If Murphy is such a top player, why are his only options the skint Huns and Struggling Reading on loan.

The teams in the lower reaches of the overhyped EPL all park the bus and employ Hearts type tactics so I wouldn't even start comparing Brighton to Celtic. He was a decent player at Motherwell no more no less and he is so good he has never played for our National team. Obviously finances are the issue as usual with Sevco no doubt Murphy and his agent will have been shocked when they were told he would have to take a massive pay cut for his dream move so they have scurried back to England to think again

Hasn't played for the national team yet, but that will be remedied when he's in the first squad selected after he signs for the Huns

You're putting a bit too much thought into this.

I agree with you Tup but you'll be waiting a long time to get honesty from everyone in life especially in Scottish football. Our own club pander to the huns and their ugly sister and are happy to play second fiddle to them so it's no wonder they act like they do they know they can walk all over all the other Scottish clubs and the likes of Regan and Doncaster will assist them and turn a blind eye when necessary.

Scottish football is basically fucked. Fans of non old firm clubs know they are watching a crooked "competition" but still go along anyway to support their team anywhere out of love and loyalty. As long as that remains the case the ugly sisters will continue to get everything their own way.

I wouldn't want the hun team to be wiped out in a plane crash.

They'd screw the insurance company and get a better team with the proceeds.

Who's that sinking in the ocean?

Who's that freezing in the cold?

Looks like eh Sevco team to me

And they're drowning in the sea

So they won't be playing in Florida anymore

• Upvote 3

James (I know) saying 240k up front (which they later stipulate as May) and another 600k on him meeting certain targets including UEFA group stages. Assume the reality is somewhere in the middle!

I got told it was the same when they got the keeper from Port Vale. Instalments and when they hit targets they were never going to meet. Port vale are a basket case club which explains why they accepted

Who's that sinking in the ocean?

Who's that freezing in the cold?

Looks like eh Sevco team to me

And they're drowning in the sea

So they won't be playing in Florida anymore

Me liked. +1

Which bit are you laughing at? The bit where it says he pulled out of signing or the fact that the deal is now worth 2 million. Funny.

Apparently he's now signed on loan until the end of the season with a view to a permanent deal.

Source, The Sun, see below.

RANGERS have confirmed the signing of Jamie Murphy on loan until the end of the season ahead of a permanent summer move.

The Light Blues were willing to sign the former Motherwell star on a long-term deal but the Seagulls want to wait until the end of the campaign.

However, only Gers will have the option to sign him at that time.

SunSport exclusively revealed earlier in the week how Gers were close to agreeing a deal for the Brighton star.

But the former Well man was in danger of not being able to sign for his boyhood heroes after negotiations with Brighton stalled.

He was due to fly out to the USA with the Rangers side but was dramatically left off the flight.

Both sides remained on standby as they thrashed out a deal however.

Apparently he's now signed on loan until the end of the season with a view to a permanent deal.

Source, The Sun, see below.

RANGERS have confirmed the signing of Jamie Murphy on loan until the end of the season ahead of a permanent summer move.

The Light Blues were willing to sign the former Motherwell star on a long-term deal but the Seagulls want to wait until the end of the campaign.

However, only Gers will have the option to sign him at that time.

SunSport exclusively revealed earlier in the week how Gers were close to agreeing a deal for the Brighton star.

But the former Well man was in danger of not being able to sign for his boyhood heroes after negotiations with Brighton stalled.

He was due to fly out to the USA with the Rangers side but was dramatically left off the flight.

Both sides remained on standby as they thrashed out a deal however.

... Or the version without the spin.... We cannae afford him and they won't accept a £1 per week so we had to take him on loan.