AFC-Chat - Recommended by 9/10 Westhill housewives.

Photo
- - - - -

Maguire

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#31 OFFLINE   dazzy_deff

dazzy_deff

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,921 posts
  • Joined 04-April 07

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:54 PM

Quite happy to go 50 / 50 on this one :thumbup1:

I'll take that :thumbup1:
COYR

#32 OFFLINE   Dynamo

Dynamo

Chairman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 27,799 posts
  • Joined 10-October 05

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:57 PM

yeah, the last game under calderwood which secured europe for us?

ah ive got mixed up i think...

No it was under Brown I think, Maguire's last game, We finished 9th that season.

#33 OFFLINE   dazzy_deff

dazzy_deff

All Time Great

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,921 posts
  • Joined 04-April 07

Posted 31 October 2012 - 12:58 PM

No it was under Brown I think, Maguire's last game, We finished 9th that season.

We certainly did. Millertime is getting confused.
COYR

#34 OFFLINE   K-9

K-9

Chairman

• Members
  • 23,788 posts
  • Joined 19-January 06

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

Portsmouth.

In the statement from Portsmouth: They were more than happy for him to come.

Anyway medial ligament not that serious - back in training in a month.

#35 OFFLINE   J4MRU

J4MRU

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts
  • Joined 26-May 09

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:35 PM

yep apologies, wrong hibs game

did maguire not score in jimmys last game too, also against hibs?

Lee Miller did !!!!!

:hysterical:

Ma-Kalamity Versus Lee Miller

Edited by J4MRU, 31 October 2012 - 06:54 PM.

#36 OFFLINE   El Terrible

El Terrible

S-Form

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Joined 02-April 09

Posted 31 October 2012 - 04:59 PM

Edited by El Terrible, 31 October 2012 - 05:02 PM.

#37 OFFLINE   minijc

minijc

I own the atmosphere

• Members
  • 25,956 posts
  • Joined 31-August 06

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:03 PM

you think thats funny?

laughing about a youth product of ours with a serious career-threatening injury?

honestly, SCUM

Didin't you want to take a baseball bat to Fosters knees when he was STILL an ABERDEEN PLAYER (Also a youth product)

Edited by minijc, 31 October 2012 - 05:26 PM.

A sad sad post-teen

#38 OFFLINE   Pudgie

Pudgie

100% seasons - 0/17

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,539 posts
  • Joined 05-October 05

Posted 31 October 2012 - 05:04 PM

Didin't you want to take a baeball bat to Fosters knees when he was STILL an ABERDEEN PLAYER (Also a youth product)

BOOM!!!
Shay Shay
He's the Dons number two
What the fuck will you do
When he's running past you?

#39 OFFLINE   RUL

RUL

Director of Football

• Members
  • 13,033 posts
  • Joined 14-October 07

Posted 31 October 2012 - 09:44 PM

Didin't you want to take a baseball bat to Fosters knees when he was STILL an ABERDEEN PLAYER (Also a youth product)

I would have dropped all critique of Millertime if he had carried this out.

#40 OFFLINE   DandyDon KD

DandyDon KD

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  • Joined 13-July 12

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

Who does he play for now anyway
Stand Free!!!!

#41 OFFLINE   DandyDon KD

DandyDon KD

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  • Joined 13-July 12

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:40 PM

^maguire
Stand Free!!!!

#42 OFFLINE   Geoff_Tipps

Geoff_Tipps

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,279 posts
  • Joined 13-January 11

Posted 01 November 2012 - 09:42 PM

pardon?

Have a +1 for response.
Geoff Tipps: Well, things finally started going my way ladies and gentlemen. In 84 both our mothers got badly sick, mine, thank God, she got better. But yours DIED didn't she Mike? Didn't she?[Mike, in great pain and sorrow nods]Geoff Tipps: Yeah, I won that. At least I won the mums!

#43 OFFLINE   ollie1903

ollie1903

Director of Football

• Members
  • 11,717 posts
  • Joined 24-May 09

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:15 PM

Who does he play for now anyway

He's a bit part squad player/occasional league cup participant for the Sheffield Owls.
Magic eh.

#44 OFFLINE   DandyDon KD

DandyDon KD

Senior Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 761 posts
  • Joined 13-July 12

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:20 PM

He's a bit part squad player/occasional league cup participant for the Sheffield Owls.
Magic eh.

Wasn't sure but knew that it would be some crap team
Stand Free!!!!

#45 OFFLINE   The ghost of pele

The ghost of pele

S-Form

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Joined 28-January 12

Posted 01 November 2012 - 11:08 PM

I agree.
I'd go as far as to say that if Chris Maguire did have a better head on his shoulders and a better attitude, he'd fit quite well into the team and style we play.
But he doesn't have a good head and has a stinking attitude.
He's had 3 clubs down South already for a reason, as Pa Broon alluded to in his recent interview.

What did Pa Broon say about him? Apart from the obvious.

#46 OFFLINE   tup

tup

A man of violence

• Banned
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
  • Joined 20-January 11

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:35 PM

Scored the winner for Sheffield Wednesday last night.

I thought he'd packed football in and was working in Lidl.

AFC Chat's Best Poster

#47 OFFLINE   Huntlysheep

Huntlysheep

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Joined 22-January 13

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:37 PM

I wish we kept him was a good creative player Hayes on one side Bebo on the other.

The Rangers Scotlands shame since 2012

#48 OFFLINE   Karl Fletcher

Karl Fletcher

Teetotaler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Joined 06-July 09

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:46 PM

Owl bastard.

Up the Blades!

They’ll slip into liquidation within the next couple of weeks with a new company emerging but 140 years of history, triumph and tears, will have ended.

No matter how Charles Green attempts to dress it up, a newco equals a new club. When the CVA was thrown out Rangers as we know them died. They were closed and a newco must start from scratch.

Never let the bastards forget it

http://www.afc.co.uk...2212158_2821864

#49 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 17,424 posts
  • Joined 16-January 06

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:49 PM

Sheffield Wednesday striker Chris Maguire hopes his first goal for the club can help to re-energise his Hillsborough career.

The 24-year-old, who has not started a league game this season, scored the winner against Millwall on Tuesday.

"It was a great feeling to get the goal and I think everyone could see what it meant," he told BBC Radio Sheffield.

"I've got my head down in training and worked hard so hopefully it is starting to pay off now."

Maguire continued: "Obviously it's been a long season for myself, and difficult at times, but that's football and you just have to keep going.

"That goal will give my confidence a major lift and I'm looking to kick-on from here."

The former Aberdeen man joined Wednesday from Derby in the summer but injuries and loss of form mean he has featured just nine times.

His last-minute goal, having come on as a substitute, moved Dave Jones's side six points clear of the bottom three with five games to go, but the Scot is not taking safety for granted.

"You'd like to think we're safe but it's such a tough league," he added.

"Anyone can beat anyone on their day but we showed great character today and I'm sure we'll be fine."

The Owls travel to Yorkshire rivals Leeds, who are now one point and three places below them, on Saturday.

Sounds like he is tearing the Championship up. 

#50 OFFLINE   WillemVan

WillemVan

The Next Big Thing

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts
  • Joined 24-September 07

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:53 PM

I wish we kept him was a good creative player Hayes on one side Bebo on the other.

Wise up, he was fucking dire. Unbelievable how short some people's memories are.

#51 OFFLINE   dave_min

dave_min

Director of Football

• Members
  • 14,732 posts
  • Joined 01-October 05

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:54 PM

Scored the winner for Sheffield Wednesday last night.

Care Factor = 0.

------
2013 Best Newcomer

2014 Best Newcomer

small_gold_star.pngsmall_gold_star.png

Awww Dave, you're super. :-)

#52 OFFLINE   Huntlysheep

Huntlysheep

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Joined 22-January 13

Posted 10 April 2013 - 12:56 PM

Wise up, he was fucking dire. Unbelievable how short some people's memories are.

As a striker but could hae utilised him doon the wing better option than Vernon or Pawlett doon the left.

#53 OFFLINE   dave_min

dave_min

Director of Football

• Members
  • 14,732 posts
  • Joined 01-October 05

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:00 PM

yeah, dire...true enough

That's our Chris!

Chris-Maguire-Aberdeen-007.jpg

------
2013 Best Newcomer

2014 Best Newcomer

small_gold_star.pngsmall_gold_star.png

Awww Dave, you're super. :-)

#54 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 17,424 posts
  • Joined 16-January 06

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:01 PM

hes doing more than you

Sheffield Wednesday striker Chris Maguire hopes his first goal for the club can help to re-energise his Hillsborough career.

The 24-year-old, who has not started a league game this season, scored the winner against Millwall on Tuesday.

"It was a great feeling to get the goal and I think everyone could see what it meant," he told BBC Radio Sheffield.

"I've got my head down in training and worked hard so hopefully it is starting to pay off now."

Maguire continued: "Obviously it's been a long season for myself, and difficult at times, but that's football and you just have to keep going.

"That goal will give my confidence a major lift and I'm looking to kick-on from here."

The former Aberdeen man joined Wednesday from Derby in the summer but injuries and loss of form mean he has featured just nine times.

His last-minute goal, having come on as a substitute, moved Dave Jones's side six points clear of the bottom three with five games to go, but the Scot is not taking safety for granted.

"Anyone can beat anyone on their day but we showed great character today and I'm sure we'll be fine."

The Owls travel to Yorkshire rivals Leeds, who are now one point and three places below them, on Saturday.

Very true. He can look back at the end of the season with some satisfaction in that case. I'm sure Maguire will think to himself "I may only have scored once this season, and not started a single game but at least I did more than that Harcus cunt on AFChat."

#55 OFFLINE   Karl Fletcher

Karl Fletcher

Teetotaler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Joined 06-July 09

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:02 PM

He was only good for us for about 6 months, formed a great partnership with Vernon.

Prior to his good spell, he showed flashes of what he was capable of but didn't really hit form until his last season with us.

From what I've heard he lacks the mental toughness and correct attitude to carve a really good career out of Football.

As it stands, he'll make a decent living out of it though, flitting between Championship and League one for the next few years.

They’ll slip into liquidation within the next couple of weeks with a new company emerging but 140 years of history, triumph and tears, will have ended.

No matter how Charles Green attempts to dress it up, a newco equals a new club. When the CVA was thrown out Rangers as we know them died. They were closed and a newco must start from scratch.

#56 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 17,424 posts
  • Joined 16-January 06

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

Is that you admitting Maguire is a cock who won't fulfil what little potential he has/had MT?

#57 OFFLINE   Karl Fletcher

Karl Fletcher

Teetotaler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Joined 06-July 09

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:05 PM

Yes, that is what I heard you weegie crackpot.

Problem?

#58 OFFLINE   Henry

Henry

Chief Executive

• Members
  • 17,424 posts
  • Joined 16-January 06

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

he wont mate, because insignificants like you arent on his radar

you spend your time talking about him

think about that for a minute

hes doing more than you

Very true. He can look back at the end of the season with some satisfaction in that case. I'm sure Maguire will think to himself "I may only have scored once this season, and not started a single game but at least I did more than that Harcus cunt on AFChat."

So why did you bring me into it?

Of course Maguire is doing more in the Championship than I am you fucking moron, he's a professional footballer who plays there, I'm not.

Fucking hell. 

#59 OFFLINE   Huntlysheep

Huntlysheep

Cult Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,748 posts
  • Joined 22-January 13

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:06 PM

Yes, that is what I heard you weegie crackpot.

Problem?

He'll hae heard Karl But that he was Langfield & Jc's mate but so was arite but cause he's fae weegieville but.

#60 OFFLINE   boboisared

boboisared

Part-timer

• Members
  • 16,066 posts
  • Joined 28-August 06

Posted 10 April 2013 - 01:09 PM

Owl bastard.

Up the Blades!

Fuck off, united prick.

Family down the road are Wednesday season ticket holders and they all seem to rate Maguire and can't believe he's not given a chance. Have regular arguments with them on Facebook about him.

:roids: The Official AFC-Chat 'Lay Off The Roids' Club - In conjunction with Tup's Corner   :roids:

• Peterheid Loon - Review never
  • Sheepish Kev - Review once he has his dream of Rangers being back in the top flight of Scottish football.
  • Tyrant - Review once he superglues a dildo to someone's car bonnet.
  • Tup - Once he apologises to Brian from Bergen for his reaction to him offering genuine advice ahead of his big date.

Folk Dayts is intolerant of

• ​Polish accordionists
  • Pro Independence folk
  • Folk trying to make other folk aware of cancer
  • Those God damn Arabs
  • Joggers who don't wear jeans
  • Shoplifters
  • Lads

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users