New Stadium Approved

With a question, and then said it was old fashioned. Neither of which explains why it isn't fit to hold European games.

What was right with it? As stated earlier it was like the old Chris Anderson stadium, but more dated

The second part of that is the answer. So UEFA want rid of dated stadiums and force clubs to improve and modernise their stadiums, but it’s okay for smaller clubs to play in dated stadiums? Not sure what you don’t understand here? It’s okay if you’re taking the piss or want to pretend that’s what you were doing all along, don’t really care

The second part of that is the answer. So UEFA want rid of dated stadiums and force clubs to improve and modernise their stadiums, but it’s okay for smaller clubs to play in dated stadiums? Not sure what you don’t understand here? It’s okay if you’re taking the piss or want to pretend that’s what you were doing all along, don’t really care

Find me where Uefa sat they want rid of dated stadiums?

They have tightened up regulations. New rebuilds have to adhere to them. Old stadiums can still host games.

You haven't come up with ONE reason why Rops stadium shouldn't have been allowed to host European games.

Find me where Uefa sat they want rid of dated stadiums?

They have tightened up regulations. New rebuilds have to adhere to them. Old stadiums can still host games.

You haven't come up with ONE reason why Rops stadium shouldn't have been allowed to host European games.

Yes I have, it’s dated more than the old Chris Anderson Stadium. Pretty simple. Now if you’d like to keep arguing your nothing point, carry on, I can do this all week. Do you really want me to list more reasons why a shitey stadium with a terrible pitch, with fences a couple of yards from the touchline and a tiny amateur stand shouldn’t really be used? No wait, you’d rather try to be pedantic over tiny point scoring. Yayyyy go you

Teams can host games in the preliminary rounds in shitey stadiums, but if they get to the groups they must have a category 4 stadium or they will be forced to play elsewhere.

Nothing complicated about it.

For what reason though? How the Georgian team able to host games in their league but can't host Aberdeen with 66 fans in a European game?

For what reason though? How the Georgian team able to host games in their league but can't host Aberdeen with 66 fans in a European game?

I'm not saying it's sensible or justifiable, I'm just responding to the folk who seem to think Stewartie is on the wind up about us potentially having to play elsewhere due to UEFA regulations.

I'm not saying it's sensible or justifiable, I'm just responding to the folk who seem to think Stewartie is on the wind up about us potentially having to play elsewhere due to UEFA regulations.

Yup, it makes sense for UEFA to make sure there’s no chance of repeats of disasters like Heysel in crumbling old stadiums, but it’s just weird that the criteria jumps around a bit. As long as they don’t change anything after we build our new stadium, doesn’t really bother me too much.

Sorry, after we don’t build the new stadium because we obviously can’t finance it...........

Teams can host games in the preliminary rounds in shitey stadiums, but if they get to the groups they must have a category 4 stadium or they will be forced to play elsewhere.

Nothing complicated about it.

Chelsea and Liverpool don't have category 4 stadiums.

Famously forced to move European games those teams.

"Nothing complicated about it."

• Downvote 1
Guest Singaporesteve

Not seen any recent photos of the site.  I guess there must be some grass on the pitches now ?   Any idea of how the exterior of the building will look , big fuck off dons badge or anything ?  Anyone got a drone to take some snaps ? 

Not seen any recent photos of the site.  I guess there must be some grass on the pitches now ?   Any idea of how the exterior of the building will look , big fuck off dons badge or anything ?  Anyone got a drone to take some snaps ? 

Grass on the pitch, ready to play.  @@Dad

Sprinklers were on the other night, grass fair getting a hud now.

Floodlights up for the 2 x astro pitches, and now for the 3 grass and hybrid pitches.

All coming together

Yes I have, it’s dated more than the old Chris Anderson Stadium. Pretty simple. Now if you’d like to keep arguing your nothing point, carry on, I can do this all week. Do you really want me to list more reasons why a shitey stadium with a terrible pitch, with fences a couple of yards from the touchline and a tiny amateur stand shouldn’t really be used? No wait, you’d rather try to be pedantic over tiny point scoring. Yayyyy go you

But being dated and "a tiny amateur stand" don't exclude it from hosting European games. Has the stadium ever had issues with getting a safety certificate?

And I've been registered on this forum for 2/3 years.

Chelsea and Liverpool don't have category 4 stadiums.

Famously forced to move European games those teams.

"Nothing complicated about it."

From the Europa League regulations 2019/20 season.

27.01 Unless stipulated otherwise in these regulations, matches in the competition must be played in a stadium which meets the structural criteria of the following categories as defined in the UEFA Stadium Infrastructure Regulations:

a. category 2 for the preliminary round, first and second qualifying rounds;

b. category 3 for the third qualifying round and play-offs;

c. category 4 from the group stage to the semi-finals.

27.02 The final must be played in a stadium which meets the structural criteria as defined in the staging agreement.

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Regulations/uefaorg/Regulations/02/60/88/40/2608840_DOWNLOAD.pdf

If you look at the Uefa stadium categories here, you'll see Liverpool comfortably adhere to the criteria since they've rebuilt the main stand.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_stadium_categories

Things like pitch sizes and run off areas are only strictly imposed if the stadium/stands were built after the regulations came in, which is why Hearts & Tynecastle will get away with it, why Pittodrie currently gets away with it, but Kingsford wouldn't.

Guest milne_afc

If you click the link I posted, there's at least seven things Pittodrie falls short of for category four.

But they don't apply, for the reason you gave. Sound.

If you click the link I posted, there's at least seven things Pittodrie falls short of for category four.

List them. From what I can see there's nothing that can be solved by blocking off a few hundred seats (camera platforms) and repurposing one of the hospitality lounges (media space).

Fuck all about pitch run offs which is the usual shite spouted.

List them. From what I can see there's nothing that can be solved by blocking off a few hundred seats (camera platforms) and repurposing one of the hospitality lounges (media space).

How much would that cost the club for three group games? A fuckload I would imagine.

Anyway, I'm not the one saying Pittodrie wouldn't be allowed to host group games if they make it through this season. But Uefa moving games isn't a myth when they have been moving games.

• Downvote 1

The run off area needs to be 4m along the side of the pitch and between 3m and 5m behind the goals. I would imagine we don't meet the 4m along the side of the pitch. The other one we would not be able to fix is the dimensions of the pitch as it should be 105mx68m and our pitch is 100mx66m

• Upvote 1

The run off area needs to be 4m along the side of the pitch and between 3m and 5m behind the goals. I would imagine we don't meet the 4m along the side of the pitch. The other one we would not be able to fix is the dimensions of the pitch as it should be 105mx68m and our pitch is 100mx66m

And those are the ones many teams don’t meet.

How much would that cost the club for three group games? A fuckload I would imagine.

Anyway, I'm not the one saying Pittodrie wouldn't be allowed to host group games if they make it through this season. But Uefa moving games isn't a myth when they have been moving games.

Milne and especially Cormack’s claims about Pittodrie are the definition of a myth.

Teams do have to move. Teams with no seats, or hospitality, or broadcasting capabilities. Nothing wrong with Rovaniemi’s stadium or others we’ve played at.

But being dated and "a tiny amateur stand" don't exclude it from hosting European games. Has the stadium ever had issues with getting a safety certificate?

And I've been registered on this forum for 2/3 years.

Who knows, my original point still stands that it’s weird to allow games at these smaller dated stadiums.

Hmmmm, so you’re NOT MT (MT™️)? ;)