Dundee 0 - 1 Aberdeen

Whatever the origin McCann went up in my estimation. When I heard his interview. He made light of it. Made on that Doc hadn’t sent him an Xmas card yet and wanted a selection box from him now. It was good how he diffused it.

Just read that on the BBC report. In the BT Sport interview he said something along the lines of he hadn't seen Doc for ages, missed him and just wanted to give him a hug.

Trying to be a smart ass in a Strachan-esque way mibbees?

Rabid hun cunt him, I had no idea he was that staunch a wanker before

He's a Hibee, but I like you was taken aback by how passionate he was about the absurdity of turning down the hun.

Anyone know why frank Ross was subbed? Looked good to me

A tactical change from the manager. One of his better ones.

It was as he said becoming a bit of a basketball game.

Can only assume that during the two days of discussions between McInnes and Milne there was a commitment from the club to provide additional funds to bring in some players in January.

I sincerely hope he is able to bolster the midfield and defence or we will continue to struggle.

Also - any word on McGinn?

A guy I know spoke to him in Edinburgh yesterday,

Gave nothing away about future plans that I know of.

As for the game yesterday.

It's one of those job done games.

It's been a bit of a slog this season, more so the last 6 weeks where things have came to a head performance and result wise what with all the speculation.

But whilst it wasn't pretty, I feel that it's a very valuable 3 points in the fact that we get that wining feeling again and importantly we keep the first clean sheet in 7 games (as pointed out by McKenna post match).

We started brightly, but there was still a lack of cutting edge and decent supply to the isolated Rooney.

I felt McInnes did the right thing in subbing Ross. It wasn't really happening for him and the introduction of Arnason tightened things up and was the basis for keeping the clean sheet.

Speaking of the clean sheet, massive thumbs up to Joe 'Swan Neck' Lewis. What a save in the first half from the big guy. Outstanding.

I still feel we are massively lacking up front and out wide.

Stewart keeps wanting to cut inside and doesn't offer us natural width.

Rooney I felt increasingly sorry for. He's fighting a losing battle up top on his own.

His timing for jumping for balls lumped towards him leaves a lot to be desired, but he did show some good flashes of link up play but it's in the 6 yard box where we'll see the real him if only we'd get balls into him.

Special mention to McKenna. I really like this lad. He's fearless and just gets his head on everything. He's grabbed his first team chance and I'm delighted for him.

I think we need to get back to basics a bit and adopt our old mantra of one game at a time.

Dundee is done and now doesn't matter. It's all about St Johnstone on Wednesday now.

• Upvote 1

Just to go back to Stewart. Im trying to think of a comparable player. Bett? I personally think wed get more if Shay overlapped more. Not just running up to him and stopping as happens maddeningly often but actually overlapping. Stewart turns his man. The full back has to go with Logan, Stewart has the skill to play him in or advance himself into the space. But get the impression Shays been told not to go beyond him in case hes to get back PDQ. But is that because weve no confidence in the covering left back? Suspect it is.

Guest milne_afc

Anyone know why Dundee always seem to do the opposite of other teams and shoot towards the opposition second half? Would be like us shooting at the merkland second instead of first

I don't think it's normal for them. From memory they nearly always play towards their fans behind the goal and away from their vocal section in the Derry.

I don't think it's normal for them. From memory they nearly always play towards their fans behind the goal and away from their vocal section in the Derry.

Maybe it is that, just thought our game and the game they pumped the newco was strange of them, been to dens a few times when its been like that

Anyone know why Dundee always seem to do the opposite of other teams and shoot towards the opposition second half? Would be like us shooting at the merkland second instead of first

Heard one the BT boys speaking about it at half time. It's because the other end (home end) is up a hill and they prefer to attack down hill second half