Max Lowe

Harsh to drop Considine as he seems on decent form at moment but Lowe looks tremendous going forward.

May be worth utilising him in more advanced role in front of Considine. He reminds me of a young Valencia at Man Utd. Not because of his skin tone before the @@Police start.

Valencia got his start in Ecuador as a youth which ties into why scouting there has perks (from another thread). Valencia seems like a much better athlete. Really more of a do it all mid fielder for that national team. I'd be shocked if lowe got that good. I don't see it. But for this level he is nice.

Edit- glad considine didn't get that penalty. The way things have been called I kinda expected it.

Valencia got his start in Ecuador as a youth which ties into why scouting there has perks (from another thread). Valencia seems like a much better athlete. Really more of a do it all mid fielder for that national team. I'd be shocked if lowe got that good. I don't see it. But for this level he is nice.

Edit- glad considine didn't get that penalty. The way things have been called I kinda expected it.

Still young & has yet to reach the physical levels of Valencia type player but he looks similar to a young Valencia & a tough player to deal with, especially going forward.

Considine even at the very top of his game holds the team back.

If this guy is a proper left back he should play every week.

There is only one proper LB in the squad and he is deployed in midfield.

Lowe is good going forward but has flaws defensively.  He was caught out on a few occassions by St Johnstone balls played behind.

Considine is probably more solid defensively, despite lacking pace, but isn't really a pacey full back.

I think Lowe has potential, but isn't the finished article.  If Shinnie is going to remain in midfield, then we still need to source a proper LB.

• 1 month later...

Or the correct side

Do some research. Valencia has played both sides & in fact played a lot on the left when he was younger under Fergie.

But irrelevant anyway as I am only likening the two players as full backs & not to any particular side.

Both similar in that look great going forward, fast & powerful but questionable in defending. If anything I would say Lowes passing, quick short passes are better than Valencia was at his age

• 4 weeks later...

Derby fan here. Nothing has been said publicly but wondered whether Max Lowe will be staying with you for the whole season ?

He's one of our 4 left backs and 2 are now out with cruciate knee injuries so there has to be a strong chance that he's needed back home.

He said he loves it here and doesn’t want to go back and wants to extend his loan deal.

Sorry.

Derby fan here. Nothing has been said publicly but wondered whether Max Lowe will be staying with you for the whole season ?

He's one of our 4 left backs and 2 are now out with cruciate knee injuries so there has to be a strong chance that he's needed back home.

Hope you are on the wind up? It was decided he was staying until January but it was felt it would be extended until end of season. Would be bitterly disappointing if he left.