Shinnie To.......

The door, when it’s clear there’s no desire to remain here. No money, talks, just the exit.

I don't know. Shinnie signed a pre contract with us in January 2015 whilst still an ICT player but went onto to captain them to a Scottish Cup win 4 months after after he signed that contract.

If history repeats itself this year I'll be happy with that.

Aberdeen aren't trying to win the league.

Exactly. @@Shinniesta you're extremely level headed dude, but you keep going on about winning the league and the Scottish cup. I cant see a way we win a Scottish cup unless Celtic or rangers are knocked out by someone other than us. As for the league- we aren't even attempting it. McInnes and Milne said as much this past week. If we were serious about winning the league we'd be investing a decent bit into getting a proper goalscorer at this level and a proper, permanent decent left back. Ain't happening tho. We're looking to finish 3rd and maybe reach another trip to Hampden so we can point to Dereks win percentage and say 'unlucky, next time.'

Exactly. @@Shinniesta you're extremely level headed dude, but you keep going on about winning the league and the Scottish cup. I cant see a way we win a Scottish cup unless Celtic or rangers are knocked out by someone other than us. As for the league- we aren't even attempting it. McInnes and Milne said as much this past week. If we were serious about winning the league we'd be investing a decent bit into getting a proper goalscorer at this level and a proper, permanent decent left back. Ain't happening tho. We're looking to finish 3rd and maybe reach another trip to Hampden so we can point to Dereks win percentage and say 'unlucky, next time.'

Weve knocked Rangers out a cup this season already! Fucking hell.

• Upvote 1

Weve knocked Rangers out a cup this season already! Fucking hell.

Yep. A one off game. They are improving and expect them to be firing all cylinders 2nd half of season.

Consi

No-one is saying Aberdeen are going to win the league. No-one truly expects it either. It doesn't mean we shouldn't try to keep Shinnie and the majority of current squad together for the rest of the season (even if it means rejecting potential low bids for GMS and Shinnie this window) to try and win every game we can. I was answering to a poster who was basically saying "just let Shinnie go for virtually any bid we receive this month no matter how low".

McInnes will believe his team (if he can keep everyone fit and get one or two extra in this month to improve us) is capable of winning the vast majority of our remaining league fixtures. That's not to say we will win them but we are certainly capable of it as our recent results kind of show (12 wins from our last 16 games).

On the SC what if the ugly sisters draw each other and Sevco win then meet us in the final? You saying we are incapable of beating them in Glasgow? Despite doing it twice already this season?

Consi

No-one is saying Aberdeen are going to win the league. No-one truly expects it either. It doesn't mean we shouldn't try to keep Shinnie and the majority of current squad together for the rest of the season (even if it means rejecting potential low bids for GMS and Shinnie this window) to try and win every game we can. I was answering to a poster who was basically saying "just let Shinnie go for virtually any bid we receive this month no matter how low".

McInnes will believe his team (if he can keep everyone fit and get one or two extra in this month to improve us) is capable of winning the vast majority of our remaining league fixtures. That's not to say we will win them but we are certainly capable of it as our recent results kind of show (12 wins from our last 16 games).

On the SC what if the ugly sisters draw each other and Sevco win then meet us in the final? You saying we are incapable of beating them in Glasgow? Despite doing it twice already this season?

I like to keep my expectations low with regards to results.

Hurts less that way

Yep. A one off game. They are improving and expect them to be firing all cylinders 2nd half of season.

In what would you say are they improving? They beat Celtic in December yes but so did Hibs only more decisively. In December the huns lost at home to us, drew away at 10 man Dundee and failed to beat Hibs despite playing them home and away in the space of 7 days. They only beat Hamilton 1-0 at Ibrox despite beating the same team 4-1 away two months earlier. They also lost in Vienna. They had a couple of good narrow away wins at Hearts and St Johnstone but they definitely rode their luck in both games especially on the refereeing decisions front at Tynecastle (surprise surprise). They also rode their luck with Morelos not being sent off against Celtic.

I don't see a massive improvement in them to be honest. They dropped more points in December than we did.

• Upvote 4

In what would you say are they improving? They beat Celtic in December yes but so did Hibs only more decisively. In December the huns lost at home to us, drew away at 10 man Dundee and failed to beat Hibs despite playing them home and away in the space of 7 days. They only beat Hamilton 1-0 at Ibrox despite beating the same team 4-1 away two months earlier. They also lost in Vienna. They had a couple of good narrow away wins at Hearts and St Johnstone but they definitely rode their luck in both games especially on the refereeing decisions front at Tynecastle (surprise surprise). They also rode their luck with Morelos not being sent off against Celtic.

I don't see a massive improvement in them to be honest. They dropped more points in December than we did.

Top posting matey  +1

I'm also not seriously expecting to win the league, but we haven't lost to them yet this season and reckon an improving Hun will be more focused on the opposing Tim than Aberdeen.

A chance to sneak up on the inside lane while they are taking points off each other.  get a win and a draw against each of them in the remaining games; beat the rest, and see what happens.

• Upvote 1

No way should Shinnie be sold in January. Realistically no club will offer anything like a decent enough amount of cash that would make it worth while to let him go.

There are some ridiculous comments in this thread. Shinnie will be extremely hard to replace. Sure he has limitations as a footballer, all our players do, but he brings an enormous amount to our team.

• Upvote 1

Scared of the huns because theyve signed an ancient Defoe?

Some folk seem to love talking about Mcinnes being a loser when it comes to games against the old firm.. but see no irony in then personally suggesting they expect us to lose to them every time!

• Upvote 1

Scared of the huns because theyve signed an ancient Defoe?

Some folk seem to love talking about Mcinnes being a loser when it comes to games against the old firm.. but see no irony in then personally suggesting they expect us to lose to them every time!

I think it puts some context on the Defoe signing that he is only 2 years younger than Gerrard I think.  Be better off getting him to lace his boots back up for a season.  I reckon he'd be better than Forrester.

Nothing wrong wee Hull,the superb "Everything But The Girl" come from there...Step aff the train walkin doon your street again...Tracey Thorn brilliant voice.

You've charmed me.

Amplified Heart is in my top 3 best albums ever. Listen once/ twice a week at least.

Met Ben a few years ago. After his solo album came out. A very shy and modest man.

• Downvote 2

You've charmed me.

Amplified Heart is in my top 3 best albums ever. Listen once/ twice a week at least.

Met Ben a few years ago. After his solo album came out. A very shy and modest man.

They both were,when Tracey formed the Marine Girls before she met Ben,she sung an audition in a wardrobe apparently... lol

Most underrated female voice.

Love the remix of Drivin.

No way should Shinnie be sold in January. Realistically no club will offer anything like a decent enough amount of cash that would make it worth while to let him go.

There are some ridiculous comments in this thread. Shinnie will be extremely hard to replace. Sure he has limitations as a footballer, all our players do, but he brings an enormous amount to our team.

I agree with this. Shinnie is a fucking colossus at breaking up play and gives his absolute all for us.

• Upvote 1

I agree with this. Shinnie is a fucking colossus at breaking up play and gives his absolute all for us.

Anyone who thinks flogging Shinnie now is a good idea, needs their head examined.

Just look at the options we've got.

Dom Ball, Forrester, Tansey and Gleeson.

Yeah Gleeson has looked OK (but just OK), but nobody knows if he can last 90 minutes and in any case DM doesn't seem to fancy him.

And given that DM signed the 4 players mentioned, I'd be seriously worried about him lining up a Shinnie replacement at such short notice.

Anyone who thinks flogging Shinnie now is a good idea, needs their head examined.

Yeah Gleeson has looked OK (but just OK), but nobody knows if he can last 90 minutes and in any case DM doesn't seem to fancy him.

And given that DM signed the 4 players mentioned, I'd be seriously worried about him lining up a Shinnie replacement at such short notice.

Absolutely. We have struggled to replace Rat, be much harder to replace Shinnie, would certainly fuck our season up.

Whoah there cowboy. I for one am buzzing waiting for the announcement that Dom Ball has signed a pre contract agreement with the famous.

Shinnie is captain and how long has the deal been on the table? At least Kenny McLean came out in October and stated he was leaving.

Shinnie should do the same, will get a lot more respect from the fans than on the day after the last game the season he announces he’s off

Yeah but .... he’s one of our own, did you not realise? The abuse McLean used to get as well. He couldn’t have conducted himself in a better manner. Open and honest about leaving allowing a deal to be brokered to suit all parties involved. Makes me think shinnie hasn’t got the offer he wanted and is stalling for somebody else to come in.

Shinnie is captain and how long has the deal been on the table? At least Kenny McLean came out in October and stated he was leaving.

Shinnie should do the same, will get a lot more respect from the fans than on the day after the last game the season he announces he’s off

Why announce anything if you haven’t got something else finalised? No point burning bridges if it turns out the other offers aren’t attractive as anticipated and you would prefer to stay.

Yeah but .... he’s one of our own, did you not realise? The abuse McLean used to get as well. He couldn’t have conducted himself in a better manner. Open and honest about leaving allowing a deal to be brokered to suit all parties involved. Makes me think shinnie hasn’t got the offer he wanted and is stalling for somebody else to come in.

Aye but McLean was signing for the Huns don’t you know...oh.