Where Are They Now

The Dazzler seems to be struggling a bit at USL level.

A few starts now, but no goals, and he tends to find himself subbed off for the second half.

Maybe still carrying an injury, maybe (as I suspected) the heat is killing him, though Morrison seems to be handling it okay.

Anyway, no goals for Mackattack as yet.

Phoenix-Charlotte0522.jpg

Darren's actually at a Q&A session at some Library today.

Giving his expert opinion of readingisation and literaturising, no doubt.

Meet Darren Mackie today at 2:00 PM! The event will be at the North Valley Regional Library - Maricopa County Library District Darren will be answering questions from the audience and talking about what it's like to be a professional athlete. We hope to see you there!

1921725-nov-1997-ilian-kiriakov-of-aberd

If that doesn't look like a junkie chasing down the imaginary impala that stole his crack I dunno what does.

Ilian Kiriakov

Kiriakov would spend the following five years in Scotland, playing for Aberdeen, Airdrieonians (only five months[1]) and Raith Rovers.[2] He finished his career in June 2003 at nearly 36: after a brief spell with lowly Akademik Svishtov, he retired at Etar, his first club (now dead, the club al la Rangers).

In May 2013, the team was practically dissolved and Etar's remaining A PFG opponents were awarded 3:0 wins by default until the end of the season.

Some day I hope the SFA advance to this level.

• 4 weeks later...

Jerel Ifil - Staines Town (Conference South)

Tommy Wright (signed for £100,000) - Harrogate Town (Conference North)

Dan Smith - Darlington 1883 (Northern League - English 9th teir)

Josh Walker - Scunthorpe Utd

Stuart Duff - FC Kairat (the mighty footballing nation of Kazakhstan)

Darren Mackie & Scott Morrison - Pheonix FC, Arizona (average attendance 2,305)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23342477

Looks like Scunthorpe have released him and he's fallen further to sign with Non League side Giants Gateshead. Now in the prime of his career at 24 as a youth he played for England at 3 different levels and was being touted as the next big thing after scoring a belter against bayern munich. What the hell happened their? :nutter:

Looks like Scunthorpe have released him and he's fallen further to sign with Non League side Giants Gateshead. Now in the prime of his career at 24 as a youth he played for England at 3 different levels and was being touted as the next big thing after scoring a belter against bayern munich. What the hell happened their? :nutter:

Of all the names listed, that's the one which surprises me most. Round about the Bayern Munich game I didn't think there was much between Aluko and Walker. Both looked like great prospects. Surprised he's now in with the Dan Smiths of the footballing world...

A few months at AFC probably gave him a fags, booze, and greasy pies addiction.

• Upvote 1