Kingsford Season Tickets Predictions

The 2019-20 season ticket target for Pittodrie is to sell at least 10,000 season tickets.

Would that number increase, decrease, or stay approx. the same for our first year in our new stadium?

The smart business model would say that it's imperative that we go to the new stadium with a strong team.

Loads of things could happen regarding many different factors, but if we were to win a trophy in our last year at Pittodrie, and given the upgrade in sight lines, the novelty, etc. I feel that it'd be possible to sell 15,000 season tickets for our first season at Kingsford.

• Downvote 1

Season Ticket wise, I doubt there will be much change, maybe get to 11k or 12k.

I reckon that there will be an increase on the initial games as people buy standard tickets to go along and see the new stadium.

Whether that then converts into season tickets we will need to wait and see, but certainly as said before, we need to have a decent team on the pitch.

I think this seasons transfer window has been positive, so looking forward to the new season. 

My only grumble would be whether we could get Gallagher permanently as opposed to a loan.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Doubt if there’ll be much difference..

If the club really wanted to increase season ticket sales , they should’ve taken the opportunity to reduce the capacity to about 17 or 18 thousand. Then the fans that just go occasionally might buy season tickets if they were worried that they might not get a ticket for a big match.

As it is , these fans know that they’re virtually guaranteed to get a ticket for any home game they want.

• Downvote 2

If the club really wanted to increase season ticket sales , they should’ve taken the opportunity to reduce the capacity to about 17 or 18 thousand. Then the fans that just go occasionally might buy season tickets if they were worried that they might not get a ticket for a big match.

As it is , these fans know that they’re virtually guaranteed to get a ticket for any home game they want.

Increase attendance by lowering capacity.

Jesus fucking Christmas time

• Upvote 1

Good point. Which is exactly why we didn't go for a larger stadium and are keeping it at 20,000. By keeping the stadium at actually less capacity than our current home the club will be anticipating a larger demand for season tickets given the shiny new stadium and facilities.