Cycling

2 hours ago, johnstrac said:

In Spain I've done a few climbs in Murcia but for "big" climbs only the Col du Portillion and you're back in France when you get to the top. I've done lots in the Pyrenees though.

Nice - only ever cycled once in the Pyrenees, albeit a good day - up and over Col Du Tourmalet and then on to Hautacam, back in 2014.

Need to get out to Murcia, but would need to get fit again for that, one of these years 

19 minutes ago, sigh said:

Nice - only ever cycled once in the Pyrenees, albeit a good day - up and over Col Du Tourmalet and then on to Hautacam, back in 2014.

Need to get out to Murcia, but would need to get fit again for that, one of these years 

Was that the Etape that year ? If so, I did that as well, wet day on the Tourmalet and upper reaches of the Hautacam.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, johnstrac said:

Was that the Etape that year ? If so, I did that as well, wet day on the Tourmalet and upper reaches of the Hautacam.

Aye, it was a tad wet and cold - only time ive ever had a touch of hypothermia was coming down Tourmalet, survived though.

Did the Etape the following year as well, only times Ive done it - good but expensive weekends

• 1 month later...