Sevco Thread

Much as I’d like the new club to follow the old again I have to ask the question. On the basis that it is Ashley’s court case that will have undoubtedly given rise to your text what is it that is in Ashley’s best interests to do? Kill them off or keep them dangling on false hope? Essentially doing a Newcastle. Answer has to be the latter.

Europe is now Huge for them.

Guest the shepherd

Much as I’d like the new club to follow the old again I have to ask the question. On the basis that it is Ashley’s court case that will have undoubtedly given rise to your text what is it that is in Ashley’s best interests to do? Kill them off or keep them dangling on false hope? Essentially doing a Newcastle. Answer has to be the latter.

It is huge for Progres Niederkorn as well

Depends on whether Ashley feels that he has been slighted /humiliated enough to just use his wealth and power to put them in administration if they can't afford to pay up whatever the judge decides SDIR have lost out on.

Is a few million quid going to make a difference to Ashley's life?

Anyone else heard the rumours they are completely fucked again? I won’t share it on here but it did seem credible.

I wouldn't buy it. They were technically insolvent for years before 2012 and there was always enough thick huns to put their money in their pocket and keep them afloat.

The issue arose previously only when the Big Tax Case came around. The sums were so vast and the total commitment required was thought to be so great that no one was prepared to underwrite it.

With run of the mill overspending, like they have done for the past 7 years, there'll always be enough mugs on the go to throw their money away.

Depends on whether Ashley feels that he has been slighted /humiliated enough to just use his wealth and power to put them in administration if they can't afford to pay up whatever the judge decides SDIR have lost out on.

Is a few million quid going to make a difference to Ashley's life?

Ashley didn't get to where he is today, by letting folk off with a few quid here and there.  He is an utterly ruthless businessman.

• Upvote 1

Sounds like everyone has pretty much received it now anyway so be aswell firing it on.....

Douglas Parks business has been in effective administration & has been run by the bank for the last 18 months. The bank have now instructed that Park sell the car sales part of his business immediately, all of this because he believed King, and King has rode him bareback. His loans to Sevco have been converted into worthless shares and he possibly has lost anything up to €12.5m propping up Kings ego/mouth. And King had the balls to ask him to put in another €2m last week so that they could pay the 1st instalment of the Swedish guy & their legal teams bills. Who by the way are working strictly on a cash basis only. Celtic are planning around them going bang again. Top it off, Dorrans, Murphy have been told to leave & if they don't think they will be training with the youths. Barasic has been told that he has no future and should be looking for a new club. The problem is that no one in Croatia will be or are paying anyone over €20k per week to any player there. They've left 5 people behind the scenes go just so they can make payroll for the players. Hummel have withheld the €1.4m start of the season bonus coz of the Commercial deal fiasco. Jimmy Bell has been busy buying kit without badges from the Hummel UK guy and then getting the badges etc put on. They're fucked

• Upvote 1

Candeias leaving is far bigger than people think, he was one of their best players. Great news.

I thought that was a strange one. He contributed very well over his two seasons; goals, assists and effort. Not convinced Ojo, Stewart, Jones or Hastie will be better

Re Kent

Given the obvious Liverpool link and on the basis that, decent player though he is, CL level nb10 he isn’t, that he would come back to the hun. Cue big announcements right at the start of the season about new CL level nb10 signing (obviously) to much “55” froth and furore with the horde not spotting the obvious that it’s zero cost outside wages for a loan player that they already had and they still only came 2nd.

But they’d be a worse side without him for sure. Plus without him it appears that popcorn dentures thinks the legs of the Lego muncher will last for another season. So it has to be win win for us also. But still reckon the cunt will be back.

• Downvote 1

Saving £3k/month x 5 = Enough to pay players earning £40k/month+?

The numbers just don't stack up.

Their numbers don't stack up anyway which is why they will go down the shitter eventually. Their squad is massive and I can quite believe that some big (ish) names have been told to find new clubs. Whether they do so is completely out of sevco's hands though. These guys are perfectly entitled to sit out their contracts if they so desire....and why wouldn't they unless they find clubs elsewhere willing to pay them at least as much as they get now. 

Their European run last season plus any cash left over from selling Morelos, as they surely will, should just about see them through this season and next. And they've got a relatively kind draw in Europe again this season. Sevco's problems will only really start to bite once Celtic achieve 10IAR. That should sicken a good few of their more fickle knuckledraggers into abandoning their season tickets. Their stadium is also now 40 years old and needing maintenance of a level commensurate with buildings of that "build 'em quickly and cheaply" era.

I've no doubt the Park story is true. However the PUL community is vast and King will find an equally gullible rich replacement willing to bung a few million into the pot but their costs will continue to rise and they won't find a Morelos every season to help balance to the books. As I've said....I'm certain sevco will go the same way as oldco. But it'll be 5-10 years down the line. Hopefully this time they are consigned to history for good

Their numbers don't stack up anyway which is why they will go down the shitter eventually. Their squad is massive and I can quite believe that some big (ish) names have been told to find new clubs. Whether they do so is completely out of sevco's hands though. These guys are perfectly entitled to sit out their contracts if they so desire....and why wouldn't they unless they find clubs elsewhere willing to pay them at least as much as they get now. 

Their European run last season plus any cash left over from selling Morelos, as they surely will, should just about see them through this season and next. And they've got a relatively kind draw in Europe again this season. Sevco's problems will only really start to bite once Celtic achieve 10IAR. That should sicken a good few of their more fickle knuckledraggers into abandoning their season tickets. Their stadium is also now 40 years old and needing maintenance of a level commensurate with buildings of that "build 'em quickly and cheaply" era.

I've no doubt the Park story is true. However the PUL community is vast and King will find an equally gullible rich replacement willing to bung a few million into the pot but their costs will continue to rise and they won't find a Morelos every season to help balance to the books. As I've said....I'm certain sevco will go the same way as oldco. But it'll be 5-10 years down the line. Hopefully this time they are consigned to history for good

I expect them to shoot their load trying to stop ten in a row next year.

Not convinced they'll manage to shift many of their unwanted players;

Morelos - money please

Barisic - money back please

Players not registered for their european squad:

Jak Alnwick

Jon Flanagan

Glenn Middleton

Jake Hastie

Eros Grezda

Jamie Murphy

Graham Dorrans

Jason Holt