Shares

fine-n-dandy

• Admin

I missed the boat with ripple after issues with the exchanges I tried to join and verification so now looking elsewhere as there's a few negatives about ripple now with a lot of wallets at high risk of being hacked due to a major security flaw in ripple.

Psst. Mini. You maybe missed your second chance.

Looks like the xRapid is going live over the next few months with cross-border payments with banks.

YOMkEQk.png

• 8 months later...

Was a lad on here, probably about 10 years ago, had the forum whipped up in a frenzy about several O&G companies exploring the Falklands.

Think he'd invested his life savings in various companies.... as I recall, all the trial wells were dusters!  There were quite a few folk on here, who'd bought into it... some lost thousands.

Lesson:  Don't take stock market advice from AFC hat.

Was a lad on here, probably about 10 years ago, had the forum whipped up in a frenzy about several O&G companies exploring the Falklands.

Think he'd invested his life savings in various companies.... as I recall, all the trial wells were dusters!  There were quite a few folk on here, who'd bought into it... some lost thousands.

@@Donslegend

Rockhopper and desire I think were the companies, think the poor cunt was on about remortgaging to pile it all in on those two companies.

• Admin

You guys still into the shares market? I'm looking to invest a few bob, in it for the long term though, no notions of a quick in and out.

Looks like OhJimmyjimmy was heavily into that scene 5 years ago, he still around?

Instead of trying to pick an individual stock, just get yourself a S&S ISA and pick a low-fee passive fund which tracks the market and only look at it a few times a year, rather than trying to find a unicorn.

Something like Vanguard's LifeStrategy funds, 100% equity if you're going 20-30 years long term or maybe their 60/40 fund which is a mix of equity and bonds to minimise short term risk, but over longer periods won't grow as much as a full equity fund.

I'm not a fan of the UK focus of the LifeStrategy funds due to brexit, so i contribute to their FTSE Global All Cap Index accumulation fund

But as SOTR says, don't take stock market advice from AFC-Chat. Just max out your pension contributions.

I'm fucking clueless about the socks and sharts, that's why I have to use a financial company to do it all for me. 

Any time I go it alone and buy what I think is a great deal the stock immediately starts to tank and I end up losing like 90% of my 'investment'.

Cases in point, Blue Apron and Dryships.  

Figured they were a sure thing. 

Wernae. 

The loon has pleaded with me not to buy shares in Apple or Nike because he like their stuff, and he's convinced that if I put any money into them they'll be bankrupt by the year's end. 

I have kinda been the kiss of death, admittedly. 

I'm fucking clueless about the socks and sharts, that's why I have to use a financial company to do it all for me.

Any time I go it alone and buy what I think is a great deal the stock immediately starts to tank and I end up losing like 90% of my 'investment'.

Cases in point, Blue Apron and Dryships.

Figured they were a sure thing.

Wernae.

The loon has pleaded with me not to buy shares in Apple or Nike because he like their stuff, and he's convinced that if I put any money into them they'll be bankrupt by the year's end.

I have kinda been the kiss of death, admittedly.

Invest in the bloody huns!

• Upvote 1

But low, sell high

Instead of trying to pick an individual stock, just get yourself a S&S ISA and pick a low-fee passive fund which tracks the market and only look at it a few times a year, rather than trying to find a unicorn.

Something like Vanguard's LifeStrategy funds, 100% equity if you're going 20-30 years long term or maybe their 60/40 fund which is a mix of equity and bonds to minimise short term risk, but over longer periods won't grow as much as a full equity fund.

I'm not a fan of the UK focus of the LifeStrategy funds due to brexit, so i contribute to their FTSE Global All Cap Index accumulation fund

But as SOTR says, don't take stock market advice from AFC-Chat. Just max out your pension contributions.

max out your mortgage & livin life fund IMO