Latest Purchase Thread

Big Man

I've been looking into getting some speakers for the house when i started looking for a portable speaker for my son. Know fuck all about it but this Sonos seems to pop up a bit. Is there much difference between a sonos one and a sonos play1. All i have at the moment are are 2 lg sound bars. Can they interact with sonos? Is it better to get more than one speaker?

Any current owners thoughts would be welcome.

Anyone who thinks a watch is functional - aye, like for telling the time, is in the same category that thinks clothes are for keeping you warm.

Keep the minker chat down lads - I know there are a few allowed on here, but no need to fall to their social level.

You wear nice watches and nice clothes - not to tell the time and be warm - but because you can.  Nothing wanky about it. 

Get a Casio no alarm plastic chat, buy your clothes in Costco and have a fat, ugly wife if you want - but fuck off from here while you're at it.

Anyone who thinks a watch is functional - aye, like for telling the time, is in the same category that thinks clothes are for keeping you warm.

Keep the minker chat down lads - I know there are a few allowed on here, but no need to fall to their social level.

You wear nice watches and nice clothes - not to tell the time and be warm - but because you can. Nothing wanky about it.

Get a Casio no alarm plastic chat, buy your clothes in Costco and have a fat, ugly wife if you want - but fuck off from here while you're at it.

Nothing wanky about guys wearing expensive bracelets that also happen to tell the time? All so that they can impress other men? I disagree strongly.

Alexa - play one has, play:1 doesn't; that's basically the difference between the two.

And here's some reading about combining with LG soundbars:

https://en.community.sonos.com/wireless-speakers-228992/combining-2-sonos-play1-with-an-lg-sj9-soundbar-6807600/index1.html

No doubt RF86 will be along to call me a cunt - but I mean well.

All of the above is factually correct and fully endorsed by RF86.

Alexa - play one has, play:1 doesn't; that's basically the difference between the two.

And here's some reading about combining with LG soundbars:

https://en.community.sonos.com/wireless-speakers-228992/combining-2-sonos-play1-with-an-lg-sj9-soundbar-6807600/index1.html

No doubt RF86 will be along to call me a cunt - but I mean well.

Cheers Pops and RF for your endorsement. I know that Alexa is one of those things you ask questions to and give it instructions to...eg turn out the light. Isn't that a bit creepy? Anyway, sound is my main criteria for purchase. Sonos decent?

It's ace son - go play:1 then and save yourself some cash.

@ £140 it's terrific value (as is the oz dollar price whatever it is).

Buy one then add more if suitably drool inducing.

Agreed. Alexa is a gimmick not worth bothering with. Struggles with Scottish accents as well. Just use your phone to control and ask questions and spend the money saved on Dad’s Weekly trebles.

Nothing wanky about guys wearing expensive bracelets that also happen to tell the time? All so that they can impress other men? I disagree strongly.

Some of my nicest watches have non-descript bracelets.  You have showed yourself up here.  I have a feeling your house smells bad for the paperboy and postie when they open the letterbox.

The fact you think anyone wears anything to impress other people rather than for its quality is absurd.  All said and done I prefer your viewpoint to that of someone who pretends they have better quality goods and lies about their provenance.

Some of my nicest watches have non-descript bracelets. You have showed yourself up here. I have a feeling your house smells bad for the paperboy and postie when they open the letterbox.

The fact you think anyone wears anything to impress other people rather than for its quality is absurd. All said and done I prefer your viewpoint to that of someone who pretends they have better quality goods and lies about their provenance.

The only reason to spend a fortune on a watch is to try and impress people. The time is the same on a £50 watch as on a £5k watch. I don't doubt you pretend it's all about the quality but it's not.

BTW when I said bracelet I wasn't meaning the strap I was meaning the whole thing, a pointless, expensive piece of jewellery.