Thread O Mass Shootings

Ke1t

In Birkenau the other week the place was full of jews, one group in particular looked like young army recruits, they were waving the israel flag, laughing, being very loud and taking selfies like they'd just won the Champions league, very ignorant people, they irritated me to the point I wanted to punch some of them out. I don't know why hitler didn't like them but if they were like that in the 40's he was doing the world a favour.

• Upvote 1
  • 2 weeks later...

12462 people have died in America as a result of guns far this year.

307 of which were the victims of a mass shooting.

Crazy number of people.

All down to the deliberate misinterpretation of the American Supreme Court of the second amendment. Instead of armed militias only having the right to bear arms they basically ruled that every other fucker in the country has that privilege and the appointment of a drunken Republican to the highest judicial post in the land will do nothing to address the problem. This is the direct result of adhering blindly to a written Constitution that was drafted two hundred years ago addressing war with the British. Thirty thousand gun deaths a year is an insane price to pay in order to uphold an outdated parchment, but the yanks do like their guns, maybe more than they love their children. Pretty sad really.

92% of Democratic voters say they want tighter gun laws. Even a slight majority of the subhuman scum that are Republicans want tighter gun laws. 

Politicians who are being paid millions by the arms industry don't want tighter gun laws. So we get no tighter gun laws. 

It's up to Americans to vote in politicians who will force change, though the Supreme Court is now weighted in favour of the subhuman Republicans, so they'll veto any change to the laws as a violation of the 2nd Amendment. 

• Downvote 1

92% of Democratic voters say they want tighter gun laws. Even a slight majority of the subhuman scum that are Republicans want tighter gun laws. 

Politicians who are being paid millions by the arms industry don't want tighter gun laws. So we get no tighter gun laws. 

If that were the case then why do they continue to vote for politicians who are 'pro gun'. In the run up to the elections just held I heard a few candidates on both sides make it clear that they "like" guns, they are proud to own guns. Seems to me that if the anti gun lobby was as strong as you indicate, they'd get tighter gun laws fairly easily. 

If that were the case then why do they continue to vote for politicians who are 'pro gun'. In the run up to the elections just held I heard a few candidates on both sides make it clear that they "like" guns, they are proud to own guns. Seems to me that if the anti gun lobby was as strong as you indicate, they'd get tighter gun laws fairly easily. 

Well, you're confusing the anti-gun lobby with people who just want tighter gun controls, I think. 

I'm not anti-gun... but by the same token I don't think you should be able to walk into a gun show and buy an AR-15 or an M82 without all sorts of background checks and psychiatric evaluation.  

of that 92% who want tighter regulation, perhaps 20% might identify as 'anti-gun'. 

I'm a gun owner, in fact I own multiple guns... but if legislation was passed tomorrow that said I had to go get a psychiatric evaluation or I lose my guns, or if I fail the psych exam I still lose my guns, then I'd be 100% on board with that.  I think most sane gun owners probably feel exactly the same way. 

Here's the problem. 

Any gun legislation has to pass through the Senate. 

The Senate is controlled by the Republicans, because most states are Republican states. 

Republican voters are, for the most part, uneducated, inbred shitwits who say moronic shit like, "You'll take my gun from my cold, dead hands."  I know, right? 

So in the Blue States, where levels of education... not to mention tooth ownership... is far higher, voters generally WILL support senators who advocate gun legislation. But there aren't enough Democratic senators to do shit about it, because the Republicans are not budging. And they're not budging because they get millions in kickbacks from the arms manufacturers, plus their own retarded base would kick them out if they tried to reform gun laws. 

This is primarily a problem perpetuated by low-education, right wing retards. 

Maybe if there's a spate of mass shootings in trailer parks, farms, or welfare offices the Republican base will take the problem more seriously. 

• Downvote 1