Bruce Anderson

• 6 months later...

Agree that it's a disgrace that Anderson is not getting game time whilst donkeys like Main, Stevie May and Greg Stewart, did.

Not giving youth a chance is a charge that can be legitimately be stuck on McInnes. Campbell is only getting game time because needs must at the moment, and he struck lucky with McKenna after the Motherwell League Ciup shambles of two years ago.

It's laugable that he puts Connor Barron on the bench. I've got marginally less chance of game time than .he has.

Agree that it's a disgrace that Anderson is not getting game time whilst donkeys like Main, Stevie May and Greg Stewart, did.

Not giving youth a chance is a charge that can be legitimately be stuck on McInnes. Campbell is only getting game time because needs must at the moment, and he struck lucky with McKenna after the Motherwell League Ciup shambles of two years ago.

It's laugable that he puts Connor Barron on the bench. I've got marginally less chance of game time than .he has.

Nonsense. I don't think McInnes gives Anderson enough of a chance but he's given plenty youth players a chance recently.

Patently obvious that Cosgrove is our number 1 striker and if he is fit he will start the vast majority of games. Who is our back up option is open to question although it seems to be Main. 

Problem for Anderson is he just isn't physically capable of doing the job that McInnes' tactics require. In the 4-5-1 shitfest we employ, the defenders play tippy tappy amongst themselves for 4 or 5 passes then at least half the time launch the ball 60 yards up the park in the vague direction of Cosgrove (or Main). This will increase in frequency over the coming months as Ojo, who was the one midfielder that would make himself available (and often demand) to receive the ball from the defenders is out till December.

I think this also explains why we have seen so little of Wilson. And if McInnes does eventually move to another system (4-4-2, maybe 3-5-2, there's no way he is going to go 4-3-3) then it's Wilson who is going to get first dibs at supporting the main striker in that role. As it happens, I think Anderson will turn out to be the same as Wright.....just not quite good enough to make it at the very top level in Scotland. There are a couple of folk in here claiming to be ITK that Anderson has told those close to him that he understands he won't get a chance with us and won't sign an extension. I think he's correct not to do so and look to get a move to somewhere like Dundee or St Mirren which I suspect will prove to be his true level.

Guest the shepherd

Aye? Who?

If its plenty, name 5?

Daniel Harvie, Frank Ross, Scott McKenna, Connor McLennan and Bruce Anderson are the first five that spring to mind (and not forgetting Dean Campbell and Scott Wright). Plus you can add in the project/development signings of Sam Cosgrove and Lewis Ferguson.

Aye? Who?

If its plenty, name 5?

5 young players who have had decent game time under McInnes?

Ferguson

Campbell

McLennan

McKenna

Smith

Added to starting Shankland a couple of games where he didn't take the chance.

The bullshit about McKenna being forced on McInnes is total lies too. We lost a game 3-0 to Motherwell so McInnes decided to give him a shot. It wasn't remotely a forced change.

The likes of Motherwell bring through more young players than us but then they have been worse than us for years so it's easier.

Daniel Harvie, Frank Ross, Scott McKenna, Connor McLennan and Bruce Anderson are the first five that spring to mind (and not forgetting Dean Campbell and Scott Wright). Plus you can add in the project/development signings of Sam Cosgrove and Lewis Ferguson.

Forgot Scott Wright and he's maybe one of the best examples. McInnes has actually persisted with youth for too long there.

Guest the shepherd

Forgot Scott Wright and he's maybe one of the best examples. McInnes has actually persisted with youth for too long there.

To give him his due, he has given plenty of youth lads a chance during his close on 6 1/2 years at Aberdeen. Something he cannot be faulted for.

I do understand why some folk are getting impatient and frustrated this early in the season but to be fair there has been next to no continuity in first 11 selections due to a shocking injury list plus the rigidity of Derek McInnes's preferred way of playing with the personnel available at any given time. The time to pass proper judgement is after the first eleven league matches have been played.

5 young players who have had decent game time under McInnes?

Ferguson

Campbell

McLennan

McKenna

Smith

Added to starting Shankland a couple of games where he didn't take the chance.

The bullshit about McKenna being forced on McInnes is total lies too. We lost a game 3-0 to Motherwell so McInnes decided to give him a shot. It wasn't remotely a forced change.

The likes of Motherwell bring through more young players than us but then they have been worse than us for years so it's easier.

5 players in 7 years? Pathetic

We had the youngest squad in the league last season.

5 divided by 7 wasn’t 1 when I went to school

Club our size has to rely on a conveyor belt of youth otherwise what’s the fucking point?

We should as a club be producing more young players, the thing that annoys me about the Anderson situation is he has been banging in goals for fun in the Younger teams and when Cosgrove is left out Main gets picked before Anderson. Main who I have yet to hear anyone say they actually rate and who has a goal scoring record that is terrible. The amount of garbage players that get signed and are given umpteen chances before being binned over the last 6 Years is amazing compared to the Youngsters actually given starts

We should as a club be producing more young players, the thing that annoys me about the Anderson situation is he has been banging in goals for fun in the Younger teams and when Cosgrove is left out Main gets picked before Anderson. Main who I have yet to hear anyone say they actually rate and who has a goal scoring record that is terrible. The amount of garbage players that get signed and are given umpteen chances before being binned over the last 6 Years is amazing compared to the Youngsters actually given starts

He went to Dunfermline on loan. 5 goals in 14 games is a reasonable return but not exactly setting the heather on fire and at level a fair bit below the one that we operate in. Bottom line is, McInnes doesn't really rate him as better than our top 3 strikers (and not better than Wright either if you count him as a striker). Cosgrove has Main as his understudy. Wilson had Wright (sort of) as his understudy, Anderson might get a bit more of a look in with Wright out the picture for a season if McInnes alters his tactics but he sure as hell aint going to be playing up top on his own in a 4-5-1 anytime soon.